Default Wendell “Quasar” Vaungh Appreciation 2020

This is an appreciation thread for Quasar, wielder of the Quantum Bands.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

One of my all-time favorite moments from Gruenwald's Quasar is definitely the appearance of...

Buried Alien

For sad old fanboys, this was the best easter egg one could ever hope for (TT^TT).
    Last edited by K7P5V; 07-06-2020 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    One of my all-time favorite moments from Gruenwald's Quasar is definitely the appearance of...

Buried Alien

For sad old fanboys, this was the best easter egg one could ever hope for (TT^TT).
    One of the best stories to feature Marvel speedsters and the Flash still manages to make it all about him

Quasar has a great look and a great power set, why isn't Marvel using him? I would buy Quasar title, provided that Marvel doesn't try to pull a bait and switch like they did with the New Warriors.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 07-06-2020 at 03:27 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

Buried Alien

Pretty much, yep.

The subject of this thread himself . . .

DC1D2D79-BA0A-407A-9033-0E57C66507DE.jpg

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I loved, loved, LOVED Gru’s Quasar. His run, as well as the 80’s/90’s Silver Surfer book, made me an absolute fan of Marvel’s cosmology.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    One of the best stories to feature Marvel speedsters and the Flash still manages to make it all about him

Quasar has a great look and a great power set, why isn't Marvel using him? I would buy Quasar title, provided that Marvel doesn't try to pull a bait and switch like they did with the New Warriors.
    The writing of Mark Gruenwald would be hard to duplicate, along with the artwork (especially Greg Capullo).
    Recently found out from an article on CBR that Capullo was the one who designed my favorite version of Quasar's costume.
    The best part was adding all those stars onto the interior lining of the cape (reminds me of Mar-Vell's Cosmic Awareness):

As the literal "Protector of the Universe" Wendell should play a part in the Empyre story, but sadly, he's not. If only Gruenwald was...
    Sigh :-(

I always l liked the character.

Is he still dead or has he popped back up?
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I always l liked the character.

Is he still dead or has he popped back up?
    I think he's dead.

Sad for a guy that held a 60 issue run and was called lame by Wizard the Guide to COmics. (I own issue 50 and 60).

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I think he's dead.

Sad for a guy that held a 60 issue run and was called lame by Wizard the Guide to COmics. (I own issue 50 and 60).
    Nope, still alive and trying to find the replacement Quasar that died/got stuck in limbo trying to fill his shoes. Hey Marvel, no one cares about that. You had a new Quasar and you killed her and no one batted an eye. Stop trying to use the Quasar I actually care about to pull a bait and switch with the one I don't.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest