All-New Member

Default Sonic the Hedgehog Comics

I have a question concerning Sonic the Hedgehog comics published in the early 90's by Archie Comics. At a convention my daughter and I attended, she found about 3
    dealers who had some of the early copies of Sonic for sale. My daughter purchased several between issues # 1-75. The prices being asked for these comics were quite a bit higher than the Overstreet guide values. One dealer told me that the prices he charged reflected what the prices were on e bay for these particular comics. Does e bay
    have that big of an affect on prices of comics?

I wouldn't say Ebay overall is the cause of a surge in price, mostly it is just what the dealers use as a reference to see what others are selling the books for, so trying to gauge what they'd be worth.

Though I will add, Archie Sonic prices have gone up a tad in the past few years due to the cancellation/ending of the Archie partnership, which led to the discontinuation of all the trades, collections, and digital releases, so there's no real easy way to read those issues anymore, thus those issues are probably worth more now.

I'm primarily a collector of the second half of Archie Sonic, but I do know the earlier stuff/first half does tend to be more common at those kinds of vendors.