Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Yeah, pretty sure he didn't meet Richie's family until the Christmas episode in season one. He certainly didn't have the kind of adopted family-member status that evolved later.
    Yep, that sounds right. The Fonz had such a huge impact on culture at that time, its hard to overstate.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Orphan Black. We meet Sarah in the first episode but don't meet Alison and Cosima until episode two and Helena until episode 3.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Witcher pretty much?
    Don't most Netflix shows do this? In fact, isn't this pretty common is a lot modern streamed shows?

I still think the Witcher is unique in having the 2 main characters meeting up in the final episode of the first season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    On NEW GIRL, Winston replaced Coach in ep. 2. Even though the guys already knew him, Jessie didn’t.
    Winston wasn't in the first episode, though. So it doesn't really count unless I'm misunderstanding the thread because they all "met" in the second episode.

Otherwise, characters like Steve Urkel would count, too, because he didn't show up till episode 4 and didn't become a regular till I think 2-3 episodes later.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 07-08-2020 at 06:27 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Felicity Smoak on Arrow. Didn't meet Oliver until the third episode, and I think didn't meet Diggle until the 11th.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Felicity Smoak on Arrow. Didn't meet Oliver until the third episode, and I think didn't meet Diggle until the 11th.
    I'm thinking of doing a rewatch of Arrow. For some reason, I didn't think she showed up that soon though I knew Diggle was a bit down the road.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    I'm thinking of doing a rewatch of Arrow. For some reason, I didn't think she showed up that soon though I knew Diggle was a bit down the road.
    Diggle showed up in the first episode, but it was a few episodes before Oliver revealed himself to Dig. Felicity was only supposed to be in one scene in the third episode, but her chemistry with Stephen was so good they kept bringing her back, until they made her a regular in Season 2. Changed the whole course of the show.

Extraordinary Member

On The Jeffersons, Florence meets George, Weezy, and Helen Willis in the first episode. However, it was later in the first season before she met Lionel, Mother Jefferson, Tom Willis, and Mr. Bentley.

In Breaking Bad, I think it was quite a few seasons before Skylar met Jessie.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Retired

Elaine didn't appear in the first episode of SEINFELD. But given the premise of the thread, I don't think that counts. She had already met them all, off screen, since she's one of Jerry's old girl friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    FRASIER - One of the big subplots of the series was Niles' infatuation with his father's physical therapist, Daphne. However, Niles did not meet Daphne until the third episode. Niles quickly became a fan-favorite character on the series, but how well would Niles' character be received today? He's a married man who keeps making excuses to get near Daphne to sniff her hair and make veiled double-entendres. In 1993, that was funny, but it's just a #metoo waiting to happen in today's climate.
    Personally, I ddn't find it funny. And I always believed Niles was gay. In today's climate, he would be gay and they wouldn't try to hide it. As a closeted gay man, Niles' actions makes sense. He's with Maris, his beard, because she's safe. He chases after Daphne because he's overcompensating--trying to repress his true nature by overplaying his attraction to an unattainable woman. He really got himself in trouble when that woman became attainable--I doubt their marriage lasted.

Frankly I hated both the Crane boys for their ridiculous hyper-sexuality. Who were they trying to kid? For two pyschiatrists they don't have a lot of self-knowledge.

The fact that the Crane boys are allegedly so smart in the field of psychology but have so many hangups and are unable to solve any of their most basic problems is basically the entire reason the show was funny. Its the same reason the Big Bang Theory was good for so long, same concept. Smart people who are actually dumb.

You could say its pablum for the masses, but the concept is pretty tried and true in fiction.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Incredible Member

Futurama - Amy, Hermes, and Zoidberg didn't appear until the second episode. And Scruffy was just kinda always there.
    Sounds perfect.