2 3.28%
  • Incredible Hulk by Peter David

3 4.92%
  • Captain America by Mark Gruenwald

5 8.20%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    All though a huge part of the draw in those last two was Sinkovich alone.
    Not at all. Looking back on it now everyone loves the art he did on the book, but it was not really that well received at first on the book because it was such a jarring change in style. New Mutants was Claremonts baby. He created them from scratch and wrote over half the original run. To try and diminish that he was the driving force on that book is just wrong. This was never Sienkiewicz's book. It was always Claremonts with Sienkiewicz on art.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Claremont's X-Men. I love most of 80s run and i'm not the most hardcore X-men fan, but i don't think there was a comic book run with the impact that Claremont had with the X-Men. He took a team that was without steam and in the periphery of MU and made them the center of the Marvel Comics and one of the top titles in comic book industry.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    As I was reflecting on the story even more, another great Cap moment that often goes unnoticed, with more great writing from Miller.

Attachment 98536

I must say it would have been interesting to see him write a Captain America story during the prime years. Certainly wouldn't want him anywhere near the character now!
    Agreed. Miller also did Cap before Born Again, and that story appeared in...

Marvel Fanfare #18
    (January, 1985)

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-09-2020 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Added clarification.

1. X-Men by Chris Claremont

2. Daredevil by Frank Miller

3. Spider-Man by J.M DeMatteis

4. Captain America by Mark Gruenwald

Best... probably DD since that one land highest on both my 'Best' and 'Favorite' of those 80s runs listed.
    New Mutants definitely belongs on the poll. Embarrassment of riches it was back in the day.

1A- Michelinie and Layton's Armor Wars
    1B- New Mutants
    2- Miller's DD
    3- J.B.'s FF
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Amazing Member

Iron man by denny o neil is better then the micheline run

For me its a toss up between roger stern asm or o neils iron man. Those are 2 of my all time favorite comic runs alont with bendis DD and stan lee asm. Millers daredevil was very good and maybe what has befome the defining take on matt murdock i enjoy other runs slightly more
    Last edited by yada; 07-11-2020 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yada View Post
    Iron man by denny o neil is better then the micheline run

For me its a toss up between roger stern asm or o neils iron man. Those are 2 of my all time favorite comic runs alont with bendis DD and stan lee asm. Millers daredevil was very good and maybe what has befome the defining take on matt murdock i enjoy other runs slightly more
    Denny's run was absolutely incredible. It's so severely underrated it's not even close to being funny. I don't understand why it's not looked upon like his other works.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I vote for Mark Gruenwald’s Squadron Supreme. 12 issue maxi that was fantastic. Where is the West Coast Avengers? I picked Captain America by Gruenwald as my third choice. West Coast Avengers my second choice.
    Last edited by Dreaded Porcupine; 07-11-2020 at 09:31 AM.