Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
I like the blend approach, because it makes Krypton feel more like a real planet, and not some monoculture like you'd see in Star Trek or giant single environmental biome like a planet on Star Wars (this entire world is a swamp! this one's a desert! this one's an ocean!
this one's a city!), where every single person on a given planet speaks the same language, has the same religion, dresses the same, etc.

Here on Earth, I can tell when people are *Canadians,* just based on the way they dress and talk and look, and they're pretty much exactly like Americans (just better dressed and fitter), but live 50 miles north of me, so I like the idea that not every Kryptonian dresses like the Byrne Kryptonians, and not all architecture on Krypton looks like that of Mignola, etc.
I agree, I think Krypton with all its various interpretations depicted as different clans or historical eras of Krypton, makes it feel more like a real planet than anything else in sci-fi in terms of diversity. And I love that each new version of Krypton adds to it. The specifics of Jor-El & Lara may change over and over again, but what they represented gets rolled into Krypton's fabric.