Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Default What's your favorite version of Krypton?

I have a hard time with this one because there are so many versions of Krypton that I like, so I tend to favor the amalgamated Krypton from Post-Infinite Crisis simply because it has all of the stuff I love, but none of the stuff I don't. Basically, Buffet Krypton. Not as good as a singular vision coming from a great creator, but rather a collection of great concepts that any creator can use and build upon.

In terms of Jor-El, I really like Brando's potificating, but I'm also partial to TAS Jor-El's more man of action approach. I like to view them as older and younger versions of the same guy.

I like the aesthetics of Byrne and Snyder's Krypton a lot. The mad science experiment gone bad on a planetary scale.

Morrison's Krypton is the one where I'd like to party.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I loved Snyder's krypton. But, i wanted the planet to be a lot more chaotic in terms of wheather, gravity, number of moons... Etc

I’m partial to Johns idea of merging the Kryptons together as well

Krypton is a balancing act. It needs to be utopian enough that we can feel sorrow for it dying, but also dystopian enough that it seems plausible for it to die as a result of its own actions. So in that regard while Byrne had some cool ideas, Krypton being a hellhole that Kal is better off for not knowing strikes me as going too far.

Now in terms of aesthetics? New 52 Krypton looked damn cool to me:

New52 krypton is based on precrisis design. Right? I like the sunflower or the sun symbol being used for jor el.

Very adam strange.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

(the New 52! Superman) He's alive again, and back in the jeans n' t-shirt, hopping around the Multiverse. They brought him back in Sideways and even got Morrison to return for his dialogue.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-07-2020 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    He's alive again, and back in the jeans n' t-shirt, hopping around the Multiverse. They brought him back in Sideways and even got Morrison to return for his dialogue.
    If they use him again,I fear they will just treat him like the guy who flys. That's not something i am looking forward to.That Superman is da champ.lol!!!

#supermangonebeatyoass
    #manofsteelkeepinitreal

This was reay funny.