Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Roy's codename has been Arsenal for quite some time, and the new Red Arrow took the mantle before his death - Emiko Queen, one of the current Teen Titans and Ollie's sister.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Just because you don't care about a character doesn't mean you can just wash your hands of them and ignore them. That's how we get continuity issues.
    That's exactly what happened with New52 Superboy.

New52 Superboy was erased after Superman Reborn, so he's never existed. The events of New52 Teen Titans should have been erased too (when Lobdell doesn't try to include them in his stories).

However, this was mentioned in side material (a profile in DC Universe), but it wasn't directly show.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post

New52 Superboy was erased after Superman Reborn, so he's never existed. The events of New52 Teen Titans should have been erased too (when Lobdell doesn't try to include them in his stories).

However, this was mentioned in side material (a profile in DC Universe), but it wasn't directly show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    The Roy from Rebirth was the same one as the Roy from New 52. If there's a new Red Arrow that isn't Roy, it's most likely because Roy is dead right now.

Just because you don't care about a character doesn't mean you can just wash your hands of them and ignore them. That's how we get continuity issues.

No, he wasn't. This was all explained in Tynion's Detective Comics run. The New 52 Tim is the same as the pre-Flashpoint Tim, just his memory and history were altered by Mr. Oz/Doctor Manhattan. He now has his memory back. Still the same character.
    I have to say that I dont understand it...

I always understood DC Rebirth in this way:

-Some characters like WONDER WOMAN kept their NEW52 personality and were slightly altered and their NEW52 Origin is still there...
    -other characters like GREEN ARROW, TIM DRAKE were different in NEW52 and were then replaced in REBIRTH with versions who are more like the PRE-FLASHPOINT Versions.

The age gap between Oliver and Roy were different in NEW52 than in Pre-Flashpoint and Rebirth or?

For me there were 3 TIM DRAKES:
    1. Pre-Flashpoint Tim Drake
    2. NEW52 Tim Drake
    3. Rebirth Tim Drake (who shares most features with Pre-Flashpoint Tim Drake, but he never became part of YJ, never met Conner etc.)

AND SORRY NO!!!!!!

The issues which I have with the continuity are:

-Cassie is now, maybe, a mix of NEW52+Pre-Flashpoint....
    Problem is that I dont understand who her father is and why Zeus knows her mother

-Conner not remembering who made him, that Superman has a fortress etc.

These are the issues for me...

The EASY and BEST way would have been to just replace NEW52 Bart,Conner and Cassie with PRE-FLASHPOINT Conner,Bart and Cassie and there would be NO ISSUES.

If they would have done it in this way, it would be possible to just use their PRE-FLASHPOINT history and say that they come from another timeline and this happened in the other timeline.

Like I stated above one of the problems which I have with YJ is that I am still waiting that it gets revealed how Zeus is related to Cassie.
    YES grandpa-but this could also theoretically mean that Helena is Zeus daughter or Cassie is JASONS daughter.

My problem with Rebirth Conner is that I now dont know if he only lost his memories or if he got a new origin.

THESE are the problems for me and you could have just simply solved them by saying that they come from another timeline and all that happened in the other timeline.
    So you dont have continuity issues and you have a simple origin, because you can just use the PRE-FLASHPOINT Origin.

Finally forced myself to read this issue.

I still can't get over that scene where Old Lady Harley puts on a rubber glove like she's going to give an in-depth cavity search to Bart Allen. How very fitting. By the way, Timms is easily in the top 3 of the worst artists employed full-time at DC.

To feel a little better, I went back to read issue #16 of the real Young Justice and I lol'ed like I always do when Arrowette says "I'll need to get a cleavage!". Peter David just has that kind of power.

I've given this book way more chances than it deserved. Dropped without appeal. Gleason had the right idea when he jumped ship rather wasting his artistic skills on this """"""passion project"""""".

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Superman Reborn - as just explained in the Lois Lane series. Cassie was in limbo at the time, so perhaps her New 52 and original selves were merged - apparently it wasn't just Clark and Lois merged then, but lots of people (which explains why pre-Flashpoint stuff has gradually started being referenced again since that point). This would explain why Cassie has her pre-Flashpoint memories but her New 52 origin. Superman Reborn is also the event that caused New 52 Conner to be eliminated - perhaps the same thing happened to him, explaining Conner's memory lapses regarding his origin?
    First of all... are you the same Digifiend from RB!? If so, hey!

Okay, I think you hit the nail on the head. There is some sort of "universal equilibrium" that happens to people when they enter the post-Flashpoint Earth. This Earth is an altered version of the pre-Flashpoint one, which became New 52 before Wally returned with Rebirth.

Wally even said that the longer he stayed on this altered Earth, the more his memories changed. His backstory was retconned by the universe to be that he was trapped by Abra Kadabra instead of sent away by Dr. Manhattan.

Same with Connor and Bart - Connor was sent to Gemworld and Bart was lost in the Speed Force after the events of Flashpoint - Kid Flash Lost. When they stepped foot back into their home timeline, but now altered, the universe messed with them and their backstories were slightly altered. Gemworld seemed to allow Connor to retain most of his memories, but there was still some tinkering. Bart got the "Wally treatment" (makes sense since both were stuck in the Speed Force so the mechanics would be the same) and the universe retconned his vanishing to not be connected to Flashpoint anymore but an "in-universe" reason.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySephiroth View Post

Okay, I think you hit the nail on the head. There is some sort of "universal equilibrium" that happens to people when they enter the post-Flashpoint Earth. This Earth is an altered version of the pre-Flashpoint one, which became New 52 before Wally returned with Rebirth.

Wally even said that the longer he stayed on this altered Earth, the more his memories changed. His backstory was retconned by the universe to be that he was trapped by Abra Kadabra instead of sent away by Dr. Manhattan.

Same with Connor and Bart - Connor was sent to Gemworld and Bart was lost in the Speed Force after the events of Flashpoint - Kid Flash Lost. When they stepped foot back into their home timeline, but now altered, the universe messed with them and their backstories were slightly altered. Gemworld seemed to allow Connor to retain most of his memories, but there was still some tinkering. Bart got the "Wally treatment" (makes sense since both were stuck in the Speed Force so the mechanics would be the same) and the universe retconned his vanishing to not be connected to Flashpoint anymore but an "in-universe" reason.
    ConnEr NOT ConnOr

I dont understand what you say:

Conners history CANT be altered, BECAUSE in the Rebirth timeline he simply DIDNT exist...
    Nobody reminds him and we have seen that Reign of Supermen happened WITHOUT him..

So it makes no sense and its only complicating the life if you say that Bart and Conners memories are altered...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    ConnEr NOT ConnOr

Conners history CANT be altered, BECAUSE in the Rebirth timeline he simply DIDNT exist...
    Nobody reminds him and we have seen that Reign of Supermen happened WITHOUT him..

So it makes no sense and its only complicating the life if you say that Bart and Conners memories are altered...
    Although Conner shouldn't exist in Rebirth continuity, it seems Ma and Pa Kent remember him (although they take a momento for this). They originally don't exist in Rebirth continuity either, but Manhattan altere that.

Current continuity is a chaos.

I guess Death Metal is going to stabilize continuity in the end, but I doubt he will keep his whole story.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    ConnEr NOT ConnOr

What I'm saying is they didn't exist in Rebirth but NOW that they exist, their memories are altered as the universe is accommodating for their re-entrance to the timeline.

Wally didn't exist but once he returned, the universe altered his memories and made up a backstory for him involving Abra Kadabra.

Conner didn't exist but once he returned, the universe altered his memories and he doesn't remember key points of his own past.

Bart didn't exist but once he returned, the universe altered his memories and made up a backstory for him involving a Mirror Master.

Amazing Member

Where was this stated out of curiosity? I’ve seen it mentioned a few times but I’m not sure of the source.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Super4Ever View Post
    Where was this stated out of curiosity? I’ve seen it mentioned a few times but I’m not sure of the source.
    It was mentioned in the profile of Superboy in DCU app.

They hadn't directly mentioned this on comics, but it seems to be the situation, since nobody has mentioned New52 Superboy even when Conner has appeared.

Lobdell was the only writer who tries to mention his New52 Teen Titans and New52 Superboy in the comics he writes, but these aren't anymore in the current continuity.
    Last edited by Konja7; 07-27-2020 at 05:43 PM.

I personally want
    -TTK
    - Kesel and John's history restored, if only in memory, and not in actual this realities history.

Prime is coming back, so I hope kon gets memories of him back.

Some form of black tshirt fusion with his current look.

My hope is he gets a actual cohesive past.

Amazing Member

They hadn't directly mentioned this on comics, but it seems to be the situación, since nobody has mentioned New52 Superboy even when Conner has appeared.

Lobdell was the only writer who tries to mention his New52 Teen Titans and New52 Superboy in the comics he writes, but these aren't anymore in the current continuity.
    Thank you, I appreciate the information.

Hopefully Wally will fix everyone's histories after Death Metal.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySephiroth View Post
    Yes, I am the same person from Rangerboard. I don't think my Red Dragon Thunderzord avatar fits on a comic book forum, so I used Roger the Dodger from the Beano comic instead.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-28-2020 at 01:00 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Hopefully Wally will fix everyone's histories after Death Metal.

Yes, I am the same person from Rangerboard. I don't think my Red Dragon Thunderzord avatar fits on a comic book forum, so I used Roger the Dodger from the Beano comic instead.
    Well, small world. Howdy!

And yes, I'm very interested in seeing the reveal of the teased splintered timeline and what the new continuity will be in the upcoming months.

Spectacular Member

They hadn't directly mentioned this on comics, but it seems to be the situation, since nobody has mentioned New52 Superboy even when Conner has appeared.

I was wondering about this. I don't know of anything more recent outside of Red Hood and the Outlaws having that story with the Suicide Squad and they found the remnants of Harvest. In-universe, how does that even work? Somehow Harvest survived outside of space/time and returned to a post-Superman Reborn timeline in which those events never happened?