Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I ALMOST picked this book up when I saw it was focusing on Bart.
    Now I'm glad I didn't get sucked in by Bendis again.
    I dropped this book with #12 as it hadn't gone anywhere in a year. Sorry, there are far too many good books on the stands for me to keep buying something hoping it gets better.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Then how would you explain the New 52 Cassie still being around? At least with Bart and Conner were explained as not being the actual Bart and Conner, but Cassie was still Cassie. How could she have been pulled into Gemworld and still be around in New 52 stories. Unless they are two different people, and now you have to explain why two Cassies are running around.

There was no easy fix to all this.
    Superman Reborn - as just explained in the Lois Lane series. Cassie was in limbo at the time, so perhaps her New 52 and original selves were merged - apparently it wasn't just Clark and Lois merged then, but lots of people (which explains why pre-Flashpoint stuff has gradually started being referenced again since that point). This would explain why Cassie has her pre-Flashpoint memories but her New 52 origin. Superman Reborn is also the event that caused New 52 Conner to be eliminated - perhaps the same thing happened to him, explaining Conner's memory lapses regarding his origin?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-08-2020 at 12:19 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I was pleasantly surprised by how effectively Bendis handled Superboy's continuity issues in a human way in Action Comics, but this felt pointless. I don't need an issue explaining why Bart didn't get rebooted unless it's grounded in more interesting character stuff.

This was terrible. Williamson addressed it much better in Flash, he was already in Kid Flash Lost tie-in during Flashpoint. He was lost in the Speed Force and then emerged back thanks to Flash War. Bar Tor was an entirely different guy.

This one 1-doesn't explain naything at all 2- "it was all Mirror Master lol" opens a whole different can of worms considering Sam WAS DEAD during Bart's time.

There was a Mirror Master. Just not Sam. Maybe they'll fix that in the trade to say McCulloch instead of Scudder.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Evan_McCulloch_(New_Earth)

His final appearance was in a Teen Titans one-shot a few months before the reboot - but Bart wasn't involved.
    https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Teen_Tita...d_Case_Vol_1_1
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-08-2020 at 05:45 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Then how would you explain the New 52 Cassie still being around? At least with Bart and Conner were explained as not being the actual Bart and Conner, but Cassie was still Cassie. How could she have been pulled into Gemworld and still be around in New 52 stories. Unless they are two different people, and now you have to explain why two Cassies are running around.

Her origin, but the character herself is closer to the Pre-Flashpoint Cassie not the gross Lobdell Cassie.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Mighty Member

NEW52 Cassie ISNT!!! anymore around...

This Cassie is
    a) either a COMPLETE new Version of Cassie with memories of Pre-Flashpoint Cassie
    or
    b) a fusion of NEW52 Cassie and Pre-Flashpoint Cassie like Superman is...

REBIRTH Cassie has:
    -SEEMINGLY the lasso of Anime Young Justice Cassie (because it has NO Powers which only YJ Cassie has)
    -the relationship to Diana and Zeus like NEW52
    -powers of Pre-Flashpoint Cassie

AND!!!

as far as I remember NEW52 like NEW52 Superboy didnt show up anymore for long time or?????

So you could have just said NEW52 Supergirl,NEW52 Superboy and NEW52 Cassie were erased and replaced by their Pre-Flashpoint Counterparts

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Superman Reborn - as just explained in the Lois Lane series. Cassie was in limbo at the time, so perhaps her New 52 and original selves were merged - apparently it wasn't just Clark and Lois merged then, but lots of people (which explains why pre-Flashpoint stuff has gradually started being referenced again since that point). This would explain why Cassie has her pre-Flashpoint memories but her New 52 origin. Superman Reborn is also the event that caused New 52 Conner to be eliminated - perhaps the same thing happened to him, explaining Conner's memory lapses regarding his origin?
    Yes one possibility...

BUT
    a) she has the lasso of Young Justice ANIME Cassie with no powers...
    NEW52 Cassie had the lasso which could take the life of enemies
    PRE-FLASHPOINT Cassie had the lasso of lightning

b) she has the powers of Pre-Flashpoint while NEW52 Cassie was seemingly powerless without armour

Quote Originally Posted by Midnighter View Post
    Cassie is a bit hard to work around. As long as Wonder Woman is Zeus' daughter they will keep Cassie as his granddaughter. And they are unlikely to change that now that they used that origin in a successful movie.

They could just make her Diana's sister but that's kinda Donna's thing.
    Cassie would be Dianas HALF-SISTER just like HERCULES....
    SAME Father, different mother...

I personally would like to return to Pre-Flashpoint with Cassie as Zeus daughter and Diana made out of Clay...
    For Diana its basically useless, since it basically changes NOTHING regarding her status and power-level.

CASSIE instead would really really need that, because it gives her a HUGE push and would give her the change to develop and become stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised by how effectively Bendis handled Superboy's continuity issues in a human way in Action Comics, but this felt pointless. I don't need an issue explaining why Bart didn't get rebooted unless it's grounded in more interesting character stuff.
    Thats really really really funny, because I think it in the complete other way.

This issue was good in the way that it was more logical for me.

Conner in Action Comics was a HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! disappointment for me.
    I DONT!!! understand why its written in this way...

It makes no sense...I would have expected, that Conner returns with ALL MEMORIES.
    He just says: You died in the Doomsday Fight, I was born at Cadmus, joined YJ, joined TT, died-came back...etc. etc. etc. etc.

Conner was in another dimension as the timeline was changed, so he should be from PRE-FLASHPOINT timeline, BUT he should still have all memories of Pre-Flashpoint!!

Action Comics didnt make sense for me and it was a huge disappointment for me and it complicated the whole thing for me.

WHY??? should he forget things? He was in another dimension and so he should just have ALL his memories and recognizes the changes in timeline.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I kind of wish the explanation was handled in one panel where the team is about to leave through a boom tube and someone asks "wait, what do you mean you guys haven't changed" for, I don't know, Bart to reply "cosmic retcon. Didn't take. Byyyyyeeee" as they boom out.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    NEW52 Cassie ISNT!!! anymore around...

This Cassie is
    a) either a COMPLETE new Version of Cassie with memories of Pre-Flashpoint Cassie
    or
    b) a fusion of NEW52 Cassie and Pre-Flashpoint Cassie like Superman is...

REBIRTH Cassie has:
    -SEEMINGLY the lasso of Anime Young Justice Cassie (because it has NO Powers which only YJ Cassie has)
    -the relationship to Diana and Zeus like NEW52
    -powers of Pre-Flashpoint Cassie

AND!!!

as far as I remember NEW52 like NEW52 Superboy didnt show up anymore for long time or?????

So you could have just said NEW52 Supergirl,NEW52 Superboy and NEW52 Cassie were erased and replaced by their Pre-Flashpoint Counterparts
    You said the easiest and best way to do it was to have Cassie be in Gemworld/the Speed Force. If you went with that, you would have to explain the New 52 Cassie and what happened to her, which adds more complications. It's not the easiest and best way to do it. You can't just say "They were erased" because then you have to explain by whom and why.

Also, the New 52 Superboy wasn't Conner, and his story was ended. He's not around anymore.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Conner doesn't have TTK, cassies powers are different with a powerless lasso, bendis just isn't using the cool stuff like that from before, atleast not yet, so thst is why for those things.

The rest is just because any pre Flashpoint character that steps foot in this new 52 universe gets merged or altered somehow, to have reality atleast try to make them work,it happened already to wally and superman, Conner and company r no different

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

another issue where you come to the last page and feel like you still are on the second.
    Slow, boring and doesn't really explain anything.
    I'm reading it only for the love of the characters.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I don't need an issue explaining why Bart didn't get rebooted unless it's grounded in more interesting character stuff.

Yeah, I don’t hey why writers just do n’t go “Bart os immune to timeline changes”, moving on now.
    Last edited by BohemiaDrinker; 07-09-2020 at 05:05 PM.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BohemiaDrinker View Post
    Yeah, I don’t hey why writers just do n’t go “Bart os immune to timeline changes”, moving on now.
    Nobody gets recognition for the effortless two-pointer. They want to be the guy who drives the ball past continuity errors, editors and nitpicking before slam dunking it into a backboard shattering feather in their cap.

We call it the Hawkshot. Many have tried, few have succeeded, but some say its siren song lures writers from mediums far and wide with its mythic challenge.

Mighty Member

You said the easiest and best way to do it was to have Cassie be in Gemworld/the Speed Force. If you went with that, you would have to explain the New 52 Cassie and what happened to her, which adds more complications. It's not the easiest and best way to do it. You can't just say "They were erased" because then you have to explain by whom and why.

Also, the New 52 Superboy wasn't Conner, and his story was ended. He's not around anymore.
    Not in Gemworld/Speed Force, but in a similar scenario.....like saying she was on the Pantheon or trained with Ares or something like that.
    It only matters that she was OUTSIDE like Superboy and Bart....

NO you DONT have to say that...
    Sorry, but as far as I remind (for example) Red Arrow was also replaced without saying anything or?

Many NEW52 characters were just changed in a form of their Pre-Flashpoint Versions or?

Would someone really care what happened to NEW52 Cassie?

NEW52 Tim Drake was also "replaced" by Rebirth/Pre-Flashpoint Tim...

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Conner doesn't have TTK, cassies powers are different with a powerless lasso, bendis just isn't using the cool stuff like that from before, atleast not yet, so thst is why for those things.

The rest is just because any pre Flashpoint character that steps foot in this new 52 universe gets merged or altered somehow, to have reality atleast try to make them work,it happened already to wally and superman, Conner and company r no different
    Conner seemingly still has TTK, because it was shown in a variant cover where his hands had blue energy around them...
    Cassies power are the ones of her Pre-Flashpoint self....Lasso seems to be like the Young Justice Anime one...

This merging or altering makes for me only sense if you were there DURING the transition from Pre-Flashpoint to NEW52 or NEW52 to Rebirth!!!

I would let them keep their Pre-Flashpoint memories, which makes it simply.

NO you DONT have to say that...
    Sorry, but as far as I remind (for example) Red Arrow was also replaced without saying anything or?
    The Roy from Rebirth was the same one as the Roy from New 52. If there's a new Red Arrow that isn't Roy, it's most likely because Roy is dead right now.

Would someone really care what happened to NEW52 Cassie?
    Just because you don't care about a character doesn't mean you can just wash your hands of them and ignore them. That's how we get continuity issues.

NEW52 Tim Drake was also "replaced" by Rebirth/Pre-Flashpoint Tim...
    No, he wasn't. This was all explained in Tynion's Detective Comics run. The New 52 Tim is the same as the pre-Flashpoint Tim, just his memory and history were altered by Mr. Oz/Doctor Manhattan. He now has his memory back. Still the same character.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans