Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    I am more confused than before as to whom is the strongest. Can anyone do a listing with the names in order of strongest to weakest?
    Rebirth Supes/Thanos. (You could make a case one is stronger than the other, I'm sure, but idk which out the gate.)
    Gladiator
    Thor

With Surfer probably at the bottom but possibly above Thor and below Gladiator.

Ok so I went looking some more and at this point in the comics they are straight up treating the board as a Mjolnir equivalent

https://i.postimg.cc/qqvg9jL0/20200711-220113.jpg

To note, the name for the board ("Toomie") is coined in the run which has Surfer surfing the moon into Galactus and receiving psychic messages from his board and whatnot

Quote Originally Posted by The Dork Knight View Post
    Ok so I went looking some more and at this point in the comics they are straight up treating the board as a Mjolnir equivalent

https://i.postimg.cc/qqvg9jL0/20200711-220113.jpg

To note, the name for the board ("Toomie") is coined in the run which has Surfer surfing the moon into Galactus and receiving psychic messages from his board and whatnot
    Okay, again, the run that named said board is also a run where it gets noted that the Surfer and his board are one just fine.

I get what you're trying to say, but there's plenty of material that does not treat the board like you'd prefer.

That's not "at this point in the comics", that's one comic.

In Silver Surfer Black he grows his board right out of his own hand. That's even more recent. The board is not a Mjolnir equivalent. That the board can think doesn't change that it's a part of him that he straight up makes out of himself.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 07-11-2020 at 10:00 AM.

In Black he straight up says "I am more than this body", specifically referring to his board. It's a part of him.

Like the board is referred to as being made of his living flesh, in those words.

https://imgur.com/a/WT9251A

Mjolnir is not made out of Thor's still living flesh. He doesn't grow it out of himself.

(the board turned into a sword if you're wondering)
    Last edited by Pendaran; 07-11-2020 at 10:12 AM.

While I'm there, that the board can think is not even a new idea, it's as old as the Surfer's 80s series where it outright shares his soul for the reason why it can think ("I'm not alone, I have my board, which is as one with me." "There are many souls in the infinite universe, but only one is like the Silver Surfer's"). The Slott run just gave it a name.

Trying to analogize the board to Mjolnir does not work. It's a part of him. He makes it out of himself. They share the same soul. It's his living flesh.

Edit: And I feel like the whole "then it should hurt him when...". Look, until we all have surfboards that are one with us, made out of our own substance powered by the cosmic energies that infuse us and inhabited by our souls to give them awareness, trying to figure out why they don't share pain is maybe impossible ;p
    Last edited by Pendaran; 07-11-2020 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Seriously, if Superman willing his exploded arms to reform never happens in comics, comics have lost all reason to exist.
    It’s only his lower arms, and they burst in a hypnotic flare of multi-coloured light.

This is why his full, unabbreviated name is Kaleidoscopic-Elbows. But Kal-El is quicker.

(BTW - while searching for other horrific Superman wordplays, I stumbled over the fact that Clark Kent is an anagram of Kraken TLC. This is obviously some insidious Cthulhu-esque plot. I now think Len might be into something.)

Medusa's hair is often (especially in more lighthearted portrayals) shown to be sentient independent of her. But... it's still her hair.

"But Arby! Norrin is BALD and HAIRLESS!" False. The board is clearly a giant beard. Clearly.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Rebirth Supes/Thanos. (You could make a case one is stronger than the other, I'm sure, but idk which out the gate.)
    Gladiator
    Thor

With Surfer probably at the bottom but possibly above Thor and below Gladiator.
    In Fraction's run Surfer comes off as physically less strong than Thor (at one point he catches his one hand hammer swing by both hands and Thor presses him down).

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Medusa's hair is often (especially in more lighthearted portrayals) shown to be sentient independent of her. But... it's still her hair.

"But Arby! Norrin is BALD and HAIRLESS!" False. The board is clearly a giant beard. Clearly.
    You think ‘board’ is a typo, do you? You mean it’s actually a surfbeard...?

A Hairald of Galactus? Like Hairwalker and Redhead Shift?

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    Like the board is referred to as being made of his living flesh, in those words.

https://imgur.com/a/WT9251A

Mjolnir is not made out of Thor's still living flesh. He doesn't grow it out of himself.

(the board turned into a sword if you're wondering)
    Was this run good?

I saw a bunch of stuff from it and seemed pretty out there, which appeals to me.

Worth tracking down in trade format?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Was this run good?

I saw a bunch of stuff from it and seemed pretty out there, which appeals to me.

Worth tracking down in trade format?
    Honestly I kind of hate everything with Knull in it, I find the whole idea of him insufferably stupid and his being constantly pushed is wearying. He's not Sentry bad or anything, but that's a low bar.

If you can get past that, yes, it is suitably tripping balls for a Silver Surfer adventure.

If nothing else the artwork is really fun and cosmic.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    In Fraction's run Surfer comes off as physically less strong than Thor (at one point he catches his one hand hammer swing by both hands and Thor presses him down).
    What, in the world seed arc? When Surfer was already sitting and caught the hammer swing coming down at him? And then Thor headbutts him? When you factor in leverage and momentum I don't think that proves much of anything.

I actually do think Thor is probably stronger, but that is more because he has more fist fights with Hulk,, the Midgard Serpent lift, and things like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    What, in the world seed arc? When Surfer was already sitting and caught the hammer swing coming down at him? And then Thor headbutts him? When you factor in leverage and momentum I don't think that proves much of anything.

I actually do think Thor is probably stronger, but that is more because he has more fist fights with Hulk,, the Midgard Serpent lift, and things like that.
    He caught the handle, not actually the swing of the hammer. I think Surfer looked weaker physically in the whole fight, just a lot more durable as Thor knocks him around for most part without hurting him too much.

Surfer always looks better than Thor against Hulk, so that's a weird comparison. Also Midgard Serpent thing is just a big myth, Midgard Serpent never actually physically encircled Earth in Thor 327. If you remove mjolnir, Thor has hardly any strength feats that would show him stronger than Surfer in all honesty.
    Last edited by Superfan90; 07-11-2020 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    You think ‘board’ is a typo, do you? You mean it’s actually a surfbeard...?

A Hairald of Galactus? Like Hairwalker and Redhead Shift?
    Why do you think Galactus has such an oddly shaped helmet? He is containing his cosmic hair so it doesn't shatter our feeble minds!

Edit: This all makes so much sense. I mean, LOOK at how beautiful his cosmic cut is. Not a hair out of place.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 07-11-2020 at 12:46 PM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure