Extraordinary Member

Default Could an Alpha Fight spin-off work nowadays?

What I mean is if a team first appears in X-Men, like Hordeculture, could they spin off in their own book?

I think so, though I do think Marvel would most likely intend for the team to get its own title from the beginning and simply use X-Men to help with the marketing.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    What I mean is if a team first appears in X-Men, like Hordeculture, could they spin off in their own book?
    If you treat them the way Valiant Comics does books-YES

Valiant does a book for x number of issues and takes a break.

Titian Comics does mini series arc with Rivers of London-while number of issues released is 45-they have 9 stand alone arcs that don't require reading the others.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If you treat them the way Valiant Comics does books-YES

Valiant does a book for x number of issues and takes a break.

Titian Comics does mini series arc with Rivers of London-while number of issues released is 45-they have 9 stand alone arcs that don't require reading the others.
    ^^^Thats pretty smart.

I’d totally be into a Fantastix book.

I would read it.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Sure if the direction they take is of it as a reaction to Krakoa. Right nw we dont really get a good perspective of the outside superhero teams in terms of the new status X-quo. I think an interesting angle could be for Alpha Flight to operate within it as a counterpoint to the X-men

^^^Aaaaand I’m out.

Ultimate Member

A book set in the Arizona enclave of ex-Morlocks, or the Savage Land community of mutants, could be interesting to provide some examples of mutants living in the era of Krakoa, but not specifically choosing to live on the island itself.

Or one set in one of the various countries that is either cooperating with, or conflicting with Krakoa, and has their own national group of mutants, such as a Chinese mutant team or a European Union-based team, and how they interact with Krakoa as a whole, both on a personal and national level (since these two are not necessarily the same), and how they interact with specific mutants who have chosen to go to Krakoa instead, but are of their nationality. (I.E. what would a pro-nationalist mutant who remains behind as part of the national super-team, like the Collective Man, think of a mutant who left for Krakoa, like Nature Girl, and vice-versa.) That could more specifically ape the Alpha Flight parallel, being set around an international team. A fair number of national teams or specifically regional superheroes have had mutants at the very upper levels, such as Collective Man, Auric, Silver, and the Dragon dude in China, Vanguard, Ursa Major and Darkstar in Russia, Sabra in Israel, etc. and a book about such a team would get to explore Krakoa from the outside, as some mutants from those countries choose to embrace Krakoa, others remain on national teams, etc.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 07-07-2020 at 05:40 PM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Speaking of Alpha Flight, James MacDonald Hudson was seen in the final issue of the Ravencroft miniseries, as one of the leading council of a new clandestine operation called JANUS. (Not sure what it's supposed to be an acronym for, but considering Janus is a mythological reference that basically means "two-faced" . . .)
    The spider is always on the hunt.

NM.

Reading is hard.

Of course. They just need a right creative team.