Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
I started reading comics in 1974 and by 1981 was really bored with what was going on. I "quit" just a month shy of the New Teen Titans' debut but put my foot back in the water when I saw Firestorm had his own series again, and then was interested in the JSA so picked up Infinity, Inc., and then saw how amazing the Legion was during that period so started it...and then the Crisis on Infinite Earths hit and I found myself picking up practically everything! Dropped some stuff after it ended but I've been reading ever since and don't see myself stopping. Shortly after the New 52 started, I dropped a lot of titles I'd followed since I was basically a kid but after 45+ years of comic reading, I've pretty much stopped wondering if I'll ever lose interest.
I started reading DC back in '73 and stopped buying all comics about 9 years later, but not because I had any problems with the content. No, was peer pressure that killed my interest. Back then, comics were considered kiddie stuff to a greater extent than today (though it's still around, of course). Since I didn't want to be viewed that way, I dropped the hobby (though I still read my friend's stash, so I was still on top of things ).

I came back to it by the early '90s, left it (still reading my friend's books), and then back for good (I guess) in this century. Since I have seen numerous changes over the decades and don't have a "my favorite characters or bust" attitude, I doubt I will ever stop reading DC.