Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JLH View Post
    I started reading comics in 1974 and by 1981 was really bored with what was going on. I "quit" just a month shy of the New Teen Titans' debut but put my foot back in the water when I saw Firestorm had his own series again, and then was interested in the JSA so picked up Infinity, Inc., and then saw how amazing the Legion was during that period so started it...and then the Crisis on Infinite Earths hit and I found myself picking up practically everything! Dropped some stuff after it ended but I've been reading ever since and don't see myself stopping. Shortly after the New 52 started, I dropped a lot of titles I'd followed since I was basically a kid but after 45+ years of comic reading, I've pretty much stopped wondering if I'll ever lose interest.
    I started reading DC back in '73 and stopped buying all comics about 9 years later, but not because I had any problems with the content. No, was peer pressure that killed my interest. Back then, comics were considered kiddie stuff to a greater extent than today (though it's still around, of course). Since I didn't want to be viewed that way, I dropped the hobby (though I still read my friend's stash, so I was still on top of things ).

I came back to it by the early '90s, left it (still reading my friend's books), and then back for good (I guess) in this century. Since I have seen numerous changes over the decades and don't have a "my favorite characters or bust" attitude, I doubt I will ever stop reading DC.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    To a lesser extent, I'm going to cosign this. Didn't there used to be a general DC negativity thread for people to vent and it could be contained to one thread? All this does it make actual readers of these books unmotivated to keep coming here to see people trashing books they read.
    As someone who's been there, I much rather people be honest so I can either block them or find other social media if I wanna get hyped. This is a forum so I don't think you can block opinions you don't like, so usually, I ended up on Tumblr and Twitter to post and get hyped, blocking people who don't, and only read the news but not the comments.

Oh but if your purpose is so CBR to not become an a Cry Bitch Rant forum, well, it's kinda late for that, since I've been avoiding going here when I'm not in the mood for the past 2 years ^^

CBR is tiring. Honestly. There's a complaint every day in every thread, so I just already accept that this really is what CBR is.

The first comic book I ever bought was Crisis #8 and I was blown away. Made me pick up the rest of the series and as many Flash back issues that I could get my hands on. Over the next few decades I fell in love with the DCU. Wally West quickly becoming my favorite character. I was on board with the various Crisises and reboots until the New 52. I gave it a chance for 2 solid years. I even enjoyed Animal Man and Swamp Thing for a while. But most of the quality was weak IMO. Seemed so rushed together and lots of the costume designs were just terrible. Plus my favorite characters were either erased or changed into something I didn't recognize: Wally West, Jack Knight, Hawkman, Oliver Queen and all of the JSA.

I always thought I would stop reading comics because I would get mad at some changes I hated but as it turns out I just got bored with DC and found myself rolling my eyes at so many of the changes. So I stopped reading sometime in 2013. It wasn't a decision I made I just stopped going to the comic shop. My friends still can't believe it.

I still occasionally buy older comics I either never read or ones I want to re-read. I sold my physical collection and have been re-buying my old favorites digitally.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    I sold my physical collection and have been re-buying my old favorites digitally.
    That's what I need to do. I have way too many boxes of comics cluttering up my house. LOL

Infinite Crisis was when I stopped reading DC because I didn't like like how Dan DiBio, Geoff Johns, and Grant Morrison were ruining the DCU.

I came back after looking through Batwoman: Eulogy TPB at LCS and decided to give that book and Batwoman a try.