Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Spoilers WW 758

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    lol Including two more maligned WW characters doesn't really help your case much. I wish Jason would disappear like Mr. Genie, but if he did stick around being developed in another title like JSA or something would probably be the best way to go for him. There's too much hatred for him here.
    I'll tell you what's maligned, ..that crazy, god-armor Robinson put him in. One of my motivations for the photomanip was having a look, at what Prince Jay might look like, without all that silly, Stargatey, Prince Of Persia junk ..hanging all over him. The suit made him too powerful - like Donna, he should be noticeably less powerful, than Diana - it was way too dark, too busy and ugly, didn't make any sense and, I think, ..watered down his impact, visually and conceptually, as a superhero. He just didn't look, like anything I would have wanted a Mr. Wonder to look like, when I was a boy.

Look at the Bats. Then, look at Huntress. Then, look at Prince Jason, ..and there you have it. That armor has got to go.

Another problem, with Jason, when comparing him to Power Girl and the others. They had a purpose, in their creation, ..namely taking over the protection of the world that their brother and father figures, left behind. Jason, on the other hand, had none. It really must be established that he is the twin of a Wonder Woman and son of a blonde Hippolyta, in a mirror universe, ..and NOT Diana's blood brother.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 07-21-2020 at 07:47 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Steve's not here enough and he doesn't provide the contrast Azzarello was attempting with Lennox and especially Orion.
    If we're using Azzarello's Orion as an example, I can't say the contrast is worth having.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    If we're using Azzarello's Orion as an example, I can't say the contrast is worth having.
    I think Steve and Jason have two different problems. Truthfully, I could tolerate an Orion-like rival for a Steve Trevor, with a tragic past. Like Circe and Cheetah, I think Steve needs a struggle that I care about and one, which inspires me to cheer him on. Prince Jason, by comparison, needs less mythos, less panel-time, than in Robinson's run, ..and more colorful simplicity, like Supergirl or Batgirl. Unlike Steve, Jason should be the guy from nowhere, who swoops in for the occasional team-up, with the leading lady, before flying off, ..back to his own situation!

Woo'woo! Maybe, he'll be the one, being an LGBT superhero, who winds up, with his own iconic city, in Gateway! Just imagine all of our fellow fans, who say they couldn't care less where Diana lives, ..if Jason got his own signature, fictional city, just like Batman, Superman, Supergirl and Nightwing ..and Superhorse (I think)! Wouldn't that be the living end, for us WW fans?! I think my eyes would roll up in my head, never to be seen, again! I can hear the teeth grinding, out there, ..even as I type this.

WW fans just CAN'T get a break. LOL
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 07-21-2020 at 08:08 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I'll tell you what's maligned, ..that crazy, god-armor Robinson put him in. One of my motivations for the photomanip was having a look, at what Prince Jay might look like, without all that silly, Stargatey, Prince Of Persia junk ..hanging all over him. The suit made him too powerful - like Donna, he should be noticeably less powerful, than Diana - it was way too dark, too busy and ugly, didn't make any sense and, I think, ..watered down his impact, visually and conceptually, as a superhero. He just didn't look, like anything I would have wanted a Mr. Wonder to look like, when I was a boy.

Look at the Bats. Then, look at Huntress. Then, look at Prince Jason, ..and there you have it. That armor has got to go.

Another problem, with Jason, when comparing him to Power Girl and the others. They had a purpose, in their creation, ..namely taking over the protection of the world that their brother and father figures, left behind. Jason, on the other hand, had none. It really must be established that he is the twin of a Wonder Woman and son of a blonde Hippolyta, in a mirror universe, ..and NOT Diana's blood brother.
    Why?

No real reason....I liked Jason as Dianas twin Blood Brother and being more powerful than her..

Astonishing Member WonderLight789's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Why?

No real reason....I liked Jason as Dianas twin Blood Brother and being more powerful than her..
    Well, most of us don't think he should be more powerful. If SM's female versions can't even be as powerful as him. Why should WW's male version be above her?

Quote Originally Posted by mystical41 View Post
    Well, most of us don't think he should be more powerful. If SM's female versions can't even be as powerful as him. Why should WW's male version be above her?
    Yeah. All of that...and whu-uuuhht? Wasn't it the god-armor that made him more powerful, than Diana? Prince Jason isn't more powerful, than Diana.

He was faster, than Diana, prior to getting the suit, because Jason can become a living storm, ..which Big Sis cannot do, last time I checked. As for the rest, ..unless the Amazons have developed a Magic Hair-dying Ray, Prince Jason is properly the son of Hippolyta-52, ..who is decidedly Farah-blond. What's wrong with that, though? He's still in the game, thanks to Steve Orlando!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 07-21-2020 at 08:43 PM.

I doubt anyone reads Wonder Woman hoping for there to be a "ruggedly heterosexual" male character.

I, for one, hated how Azz used Orion to degrade Diana. That's not something I want to see in a Wonder Woman comic ever again.

Lennox, on the other hand, was just a walking "chav" stereotype.

Yeah that's why I like him so much, his design is unexpected. Not that there's anything wrong with Diana's male counterpart being/looking gay but it's so stereotypical. It doesn't add new eyes reading the title, because it appeals to the same demographic that are already Wonder Woman fans. Therefore it doesn't fulfill the hope DC has for the book by including a male member of the WW family.
    I'm not gay or bisexual and I've been reading the WW comic for years. And the idea that her male counterpart being is stereotypical ignores that there are far more straight male characters even in the WW comics

There has to be contrast to Diana and her ideals and someone who challenges them.
    We already have a character like that. Her name is Artemis.

Edited post.

Even before Jason poisoned the well I never really got the desire for “Wonder Man/Boy” in the vein of characters like Batwoman/Batgirl or Supergirl. Male supporting characters sure, but I don’t think there was, or is, a gap characters like Jason or Hunter fill
    Last edited by Gaius; 07-21-2020 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    If DC wants to include a sexy straight man in the Wonder Woman mythos, Steve Trevor is already there.
    Thank you for saying that.

Steve's not here enough and he doesn't provide the contrast Azzarello was attempting with Lennox and especially Orion.
    I have to disagree with you. Steve has been present in Diana’s comic throughout most of rebirth. He’s not in the comic at the moment because he’s leading the team in the checkmate Levithian comic book. But he’s still first and foremost a character in her book.

I don’t mind diana having Jason as a brother. The only reason Jason upstaged Diana was because another writer was writing the character. Steve Orlando hasn’t dropped the ball yet on his run so let’s give him hope that he can remind the Wonder Woman fans who finally is the best.
    Apparently Captain Marvel is following is Dianas footsteps with a long lost sibling.

DC's been trying to add a superpowered male companion for Diana for decades: Hermes, Hercules, Rama, Achilles, Orion...None of them stuck around. And Jason won't either. Maybe it's time to give up on the idea and develop the existing characters instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I'm not gay or bisexual and I've been reading the WW comic for years. And the idea that her male counterpart being is stereotypical ignores that there are far more straight male characters even in the WW comics

We already have a character like that. Her name is Artemis.
    Do we though? When was the last time Artemis was in WW? How long before then? I'm talking about a character who gives a decidedly male perspective. He doesn't have to be as obnoxious as an Orion, a Lennox with a dissenting opinion would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I doubt anyone reads Wonder Woman hoping for there to be a "ruggedly heterosexual" male character.
    That's what makes it unexpected and also get attention. lol