BANNED

Default Blend Wonder Woman's Mythos With Another Genre

If Batman draws from (neo-)noir and Superman draws from cyberpunk, what should Wonder Woman draw from?

BANNED

How about classic adventurer/treasure hunter stories?

Indiana Jones/James Bond Adventure-type stories.

Wonder Woman and Gatchaman.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    If Batman draws from (neo-)noir and Superman draws from cyberpunk, what should Wonder Woman draw from?
    Modern fantasy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Modern fantasy.
    She already is that.

BANNED

Wonder Woman Isekai. After Death Metal, WW was transported into Konosuba world where she went into an adventure with Aqua, Megumin, and Darkness.

For a note, this story had been done before with WW and Superman transported into Norse Myth World? I forget the place is, but I remember they met Thor and fought in Ragnarok together.

Note: Don't take this post seriously, I just want to take a piss on Isekai genre.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    How about classic adventurer/treasure hunter stories?

As of the New 52, Wonder Woman is basically a female Doc Savage, whom precious few of today's fans are familiar with, ..making Doc a moot reference, in online discussions, like this one. The DCEU films, following 52, went a step further to make her a closer narrative cousin to The Highlander. I think the comics would do well to follow this angle up.

Brian Azzarello even gave Wonder Woman a Kurgan, in the First Born. I see no reason why a modernized Queen Clea can't pick up, where he left off. Diana's comic Kurgan should be a woman, as I see it.

Yes, I favor a modern, classic adventurer Diana being parts Modesty Blaise, Tomb Raider, Doc Savage, Highlander and Flash Gordon. This was attempted in the White Jumpsuit Mod Era, before it was derailed, by the Gloria Steinem and [God bless her!] Lynda Carter, ..after the brief brilliance of which the comic's been downhill, ever since. Had the rough, pulpish adventurer edges of the Mod Era been refined, by good writers, instead of rehashing the outdated premise of the Marston Forties - Steve and Diana as government agents, Wonder Woman's secret identity - the WW comic might have seen a second Golden Age, in the 70s and 80s.

I've often found myself thinking Lynda Carter is the BEST thing and the worst thing that's ever happened to the WW comic, because the comic will never capture or replicate the mix of warmth, regality, tomboyish pluck, Hollywood starlet sex appeal and, most importantly, ..the humanity that Lynda infused in her TV show. I have yet to be dissuaded from that opinion.

Hey, fan family, ..check out Doc Savage, when you get minute. I would make comparisons to Tom Strong. Google him and try to dig up some of his stories, online.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 11-14-2020 at 11:29 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!