Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Spoilers WW 758

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    Wow! Did not see that coming!

Diana, Orana and Nubia set up an Amazon Embassy in man's world. It's a monumental status quo change that's great for Mariko Tamaki.

Attachment 98488

And that's not all...

I liked how Hippolyta asked for the Chief Geologist, Master of Menageries and General Philippus to aid in the making of the embassy. They talked about defense and protecting the portal to Themyscira while simultaneously ending their isolation. How they're going to do that is a mystery but the Megalodons made the trip. Could other mythological beasts be close at hand? It's like a mash up of Rucka's embassy and the wonder dome but with more Amazons in America which hasn't been seen since way back when.

Like it or not Orlando has really done a lot with his time on the book.

New city, new enemies, old enemies, old friends, guest stars galore and a general overhaul of her mythos.
    Not sure how I missed this till now, but.....Orana is back?!? How, when, how? Does Orana have her classic look with long red hair?

What does Nubia look like? Glad to hear Nubia is also back.

Is this the first issue for both?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Not sure how I missed this till now, but.....Orana is back?!? How, when, how? Does Orana have her classic look with long red hair?

What does Nubia look like? Glad to hear Nubia is also back.

Is this the first issue for both?
    Orlando brought Orana back in issue 750. She still has red hair but with darker skin. Nubia's been around since Willow Wilson's run.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Orlando brought Orana back in issue 750. She still has red hair but with darker skin. Nubia's been around since Willow Wilson's run.
    Thank you!

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    We should probably leave out these two (unless we're going for the Y'ggphu-Soggoth version for the former, which cuts all ties with China), but otherwise I agree.

I kind of think they would have used Steve more at that time had continuity allowed, that's probably why they restored him ASAP once Flashpoint made it possible, but that's really no excuse for the insistence that we needed stuff like Jason and the Zeus origin.

Egg Fu worked quite well when he appeared in Harley Quinn although I'll admit that was a very humorous take on him. I think he and I-Ching could work with some slight changes which eliminate the stereotypical elements of these characters.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Egg Fu worked quite well when he appeared in Harley Quinn although I'll admit that was a very humorous take on him. I think he and I-Ching could work with some slight changes which eliminate the stereotypical elements of these characters.
    I'd rather those two never be seen from again. Their racist histories are just too offensive no matter what they paint them as in the current comics.

I'd like to see some more positive Asian representation in WW. Where's Euboea? I always keep an eye out for her in big Amazon group shots, but rarely find her.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'd rather those two never be seen from again. Their racist histories are just too offensive no matter what they paint them as in the current comics.

I'd like to see some more positive Asian representation in WW. Where's Euboea? I always keep an eye out for her in big Amazon group shots, but rarely find her.

Perhaps the female Dr. Light and the Chinese Wonder-Woman could join the cast as frequent guest-stars?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

I don't mind that Diana has a male in her wonder-family. Steve is fine, but he doesn't have powers so its like he doesn't count. When Batman and Superman are shown with their extended family, Lois and Alfred are barely seen, especially in the 90's.
    If Super-family can have:
    1.)Superman
    2.)Supergirl
    3.)Superboy (Jon)
    4.)Superboy (Conner)
    5.)Powergirl
    6.)Steel
    7.)Steel (Natasha Irons)
    8.)Krypto

The Bat-family can have:
    1.)Batman
    2.)Nightwing
    3.)Robin
    4.)Drake
    5.)Red Hood
    6.)Batgirl
    7.)Batwoman
    8.)the Huntress
    9.)Spoiler
    10)Orphan
    11)Signal
    12)Catwoman (sometimes)

Then why can't Wonder Woman have men in her's?
    1.)Wonder Woman
    2.)Donna Troy
    3.)Wonder Girl
    4.)Artemis
    5.)Nubia
    6.)Queen Hippolyta
    7.)Steve Trevor (since he do have combat experience, that makes him different than say Lois)
    8.)Jason

My main concern is that DC needs to better connect Diana with her extended family of characters. Cassie has yet made an appearance in her title post Flashpoint. Donna is finally feeling like a sister again. Nubia is still a blank space. So before Jason can be fully accepted, Donna, Cassie, Artemis, and Nubia need to shine first.
    And I wish there was room for both Furies (Helena and Hippolyta "Lyta" Trevor-Hall).
    The major caveat is that Diana only has 1 title to handle all of her supporting cast, while the two men have multiple titles to develop those connections.

Yeah, I get the temptation for the some writers to try and "fix" these kinds of characters but better to leave them in the past.

With the Embassy being reintroduced it's the perfect time to bring back Sensation Comics focusing on the Amazons' relations with the Man's World.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Considering who else is showing up in it, I think odds are good we will see her in Historia.
    But beyond that, it would definitely be nice to see her more often.

I don't know how you could say "always" when there's only been one embassy and one attack by Medusa.

That said the new one is a huge target but it has 3 Wonder Women protecting it.
    There was an embassy story in Aquaman too during the New 52. It's the concept broadly I'm against. The embassy idea ruins a lot of the mystic of these 'hidden' worlds.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    There was an embassy story in Aquaman too during the New 52. It's the concept broadly I'm against. The embassy idea ruins a lot of the mystic of these 'hidden' worlds.
    The hidden world ship sailed the moment Aquaman and Wonder Woman became known public figures.

Just because Aquaman and Wonder Woman are public figures it doesn't mean that their respective "countries" need to become generic places.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    It's pathetic that most of these attempts took place while DC sidelined Diana's most iconic male supporting character: Steve Trevor. DC didn't bring Steve back full-force until Rucka's Rebirth. Instead of trying to shoe-horn new or public domain male characters into Wonder Woman, how about developing Steve or other existing male characters a little bit more. Aegeus, Angle Man, Baron Blitzkrieg, Dr. Psycho, Duke of Deception, Ed Indelicato, Egg Fu, I-Ching, Kung, Minister Blizzard, Nuclear, Red Panzer, and the White Magician would all be welcome additions IMO.
    Exactly! I don't have a problem with men in Wonder Woman I have a problem with those men being lame. You can create a male counterpart that doesn't overshadow the star or fade into the background. Imagine Ed Indelicato with superpowers. Trevor Barnes seemed to be getting wind abilities like Jason before Simonson killed him off and Jimenez' idea of his nephew as a sidekick clearly was a good one. They could bring back Hunter, or Lennox, or give Ferdinand more to do. The problem with Jason is he's a constant reminder of Zeus and he cheapens the brand even more than Azzarello's hundreds of siblings.

Exactly! I don't have a problem with men in Wonder Woman I have a problem with those men being lame. You can create a male counterpart that doesn't overshadow the star or fade into the background. Imagine Ed Indelicato with superpowers. Trevor Barnes seemed to be getting wind abilities like Jason before Simonson killed him off and Jimenez' idea of his nephew as a sidekick clearly was a good one. They could bring back Hunter, or Lennox, or give Ferdinand more to do. The problem with Jason is he's a constant reminder of Zeus and he cheapens the brand even more than Azzarello's hundreds of siblings.

I'm really not sure how Jason cheapens the brand any more so than Lennox or the other siblings. At least Jason is an original character compared to Hermes, Eris, Poseidon, etc.

I do think now might be the perfect time to bring Bobbie Barnes back as Wonder Boy. Can you please remind me who Hunter is again? I seem to have forgotten that character and with it being such a generic name, that doesn't help.