Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Spoilers WW 758

Default Spoilers WW 758

Wow! Did not see that coming!

Diana, Orana and Nubia set up an Amazon Embassy in man's world. It's a monumental status quo change that's great for Mariko Tamaki.

PARADISE AMAZON EMBASSY.jpg

And that's not all...

I liked how Hippolyta asked for the Chief Geologist, Master of Menageries and General Philippus to aid in the making of the embassy. They talked about defense and protecting the portal to Themyscira while simultaneously ending their isolation. How they're going to do that is a mystery but the Megalodons made the trip. Could other mythological beasts be close at hand? It's like a mash up of Rucka's embassy and the wonder dome but with more Amazons in America which hasn't been seen since way back when.

Like it or not Orlando has really done a lot with his time on the book.

New city, new enemies, old enemies, old friends, guest stars galore and a general overhaul of her mythos.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-12-2020 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Weak first post, no content/effort

Phantom Stranger felt rather Spectre-ish to me in this issue, which is interesting as Corrgian was on Themyscira recently in the JL book. Von Gunther's redemption and the new Amazon embassy had a bit of a "been there, done that" feel to them but it's at least new ground for this continuity and hopefully doesn't get ignored going forward.

Good luck to Orlando to try and get me to care about Jason.

Jason is back? No. He is one character who should be left gone

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Was that Nubia in a version of her classic costume during the reveal of the embassy?
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Was that Nubia in a version of her classic costume during the reveal of the embassy?
    it looked like two Nubias the modern day and the classic there at the same time.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I liked how Hippolyta asked for the Chief Geologist, Master of Menageries and General Philippus to aid in the making of the embassy. They talked about defense and protecting the portal to Themyscira while simultaneously ending their isolation. How they're going to do that is a mystery but the Megalodons made the trip. Could other mythological beasts be close at hand? It's like a mash up of Rucka's embassy and the wonder dome but with more Amazons in America which hasn't been seen since way back when.

New city, new enemies, old enemies, old friends, guest stars galore and a general overhaul of her mythos.

Agreed. I feel like Orlando did more in his run than all of the writers who came after Rucka(2nd run) combined. I'm really bummed that he's leaving. Hopefully he's able to wrap up his plot points in the annual next month.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member

I like the Amazon's new direction and I hope that Phantom Stranger is back to his more mellow self the next time he shows up.

Not sure how to feel about Jason's return, but he can't be handled worse than the first time around.

We need an explanation on what the Dark Fares agenda is.

Ugh. Jason. My opinion of this run has lowered.

Yeah, reminds me a bit of the stuff Jiminez got done in his run even with only around 20 issues.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Ugh. Jason. My opinion of this run has lowered.

I get where you're coming from for sure but perhaps Orlando will make Jason likable. He's done well with several other Wonder-characters.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

So, Prince Jason appears to be bi and becomes the second LGBT Wonder, after Diana, herself. Let's not forget he's Grail's ex-boytoy AND the son of Zeus. After his drunken orgy at the Ocean City beach house, ..I think we saw this coming.

Steve Orlando just confirmed that was Prince Jason's boyfriend, in that third to last panel, on the Twitter:

Also - after decades of WW as a queer icon, we've taking the hint from his earlier appearances and settled Jason on a quest to find peace, make amends, with the help of his boyfriend.

That one's for kid me, who wished he could be riding with Diana on her adventures.
    https://twitter.com/thesteveorlando/...603712/photo/1

it looked like two Nubias the modern day and the classic there at the same time.
    I think Orana looks like a South African woman.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 07-08-2020 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Steve Orlando quote
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

All-New Member

Jason is not the second LGBT wonder, we have Hippolyta with Philippus, Artemis was with Akila and Grace Choi

Quote Originally Posted by ameri View Post
    Jason is not the second LGBT wonder, we have Hippolyta with Philippus, Artemis was with Akila and Grace Choi
    Grace Choi, while an Amazon, wasn't and isn't properly a 'Wonder', as in the Wonder Family, like Prince Jason. You're right, on the rest of them, though.

Jay was almost DARKSEID'S son-in-law, let's not forget! Dodged a bullet, there...
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    Grace Choi, while an Amazon, wasn't and isn't properly a 'Wonder', as in the Wonder Family, like Prince Jason. You're right, on the rest of them, though.

Jay was almost DARKSEID'S son-in-law, let's not forget! Dodged a bullet, there...
    We're calling him "Jay" now? "Prince Jason" was a stretch. Wasn't he in another dimension fighting Dark Gods or something? Why was he shacked up in Greece when the Dark Fates found him? He's mirroring Achilles again with his taste in men. Where is his fancy armor and spear named Polly? I don't really care I just want him gone again as quickly as possible.

I'd rather have Achilles back instead of Jason. The very idea of Wonder Woman having a twin brother is just ludicrous.