Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Spoilers WW 758

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    100% agree with all of this. To be honest, I'm not a fan of Diana having any siblings at all (sorry, Donna fans). But even beyond the Jason stuff, the "long lost twin" trope is so silly and dated that I'm shocked it's still a thing. It's what soap operas do when they run out of ideas for stories, and I always thought comics tried to be above that, at least in modern years.

I would be less harsh on Jason if he wasn't forced into the comics as a twin...
    The only advantage I can see to making Prince Jason a sibling is making it a little harder for future writers or editors to kill him off.

Heroic Perez Hercules, Champion, Rama, a new Olympian (Achilles) or Orion - writers have virtually deep-sixed them all, without ever seeing how having them around could benefit the WW comic. I think Geoff Johns was right in giving Diana a 'Mr. Wonder', who might drop by, once in awhile, because I think it will help some male readers, who presently don't read WW, to empathize with and embrace the leading lady. Furthermore, it might deter those same writers from making him a cliche brother-villain, when the WW comic might actually be helped by a heroic brother figure, who is part of the Wonderverse. Making him a twin makes him even harder to ignore or kill off; so, while I hate Diana having a male twin...

If it's the only way to keep a Mr. Wonder in the comic, maybe, that's how it had to happen.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 07-09-2020 at 06:57 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I wouldn’t mind having Jason around. I think everyone just still have a taste of Robinson’s run in their mouth. We just need a good writer like Orlando to give us a better version of Jason. I already felt a difference on that one page with the Dark Fates. It would be nice to see a mainstream LGBT character come from the wonder verse.

I have enjoyed Orlando's run on WW but the conclusion to Warmaster's story was rather meh. I am in favor of some of Diana's villains having some sort of rehabilitation, but Warmaster had such a strong motivation and physical presence, I would rather she stayed a villain. As for the Phantom Stranger, I found his appearance random and uninteresting. I couldn't bather reading the first half of 758.
    I was disappointed that Donna didn't make an appearance.
    I really don't like Nubia's bland look and then they had a nerve to show some other Amazon sporting her 70's look in the end. I hope that's fixed with the new art team.
    The Embassy coming back is a great idea.
    Jason coming back less so. But I'll want to see how he's handled in the annual.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I have enjoyed Orlando's run on WW but the conclusion to Warmaster's story was rather meh. I am in favor of some of Diana's villains having some sort of rehabilitation, but Warmaster had such a strong motivation and physical presence, I would rather she stayed a villain. As for the Phantom Stranger, I found his appearance random and uninteresting. I couldn't bather reading the first half of 758.
    I was disappointed that Donna didn't make an appearance.
    I really don't like Nubia's bland look and then they had a nerve to show some other Amazon sporting her 70's look in the end. I hope that's fixed with the new art team.
    The Embassy coming back is a great idea.
    Jason coming back less so. But I'll want to see how he's handled in the annual.
    For the first time I thought new Nubia looked good. I imagined her throwing her headpiece and it separating into several razor sharp disks flying in different directions like shuriken. And Orana with her big red ponytail looked as if she could be Artemis' mother (which I want to be eventually revealed). I'll miss Emanuela Lupacchino's art.

NUBIA 758.jpg

The Amazon Embassy concept is so good it could be a second title and Wonder Woman's Birds of Prey.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    For the first time I thought new Nubia looked good. I imagined her throwing her headpiece and it separating into several razor sharp disks flying in different directions like shuriken. And Orana with her big red ponytail looked as if she could be Artemis' mother (which I want to be eventually revealed). I'll miss Emanuela Lupacchino's art.

NUBIA 758.jpg

The Amazon Embassy concept is so good it could be a second title and Wonder Woman's Birds of Prey.
    Or she can just move out of her Boston duplex.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    I have enjoyed Orlando's run on WW but the conclusion to Warmaster's story was rather meh. I am in favor of some of Diana's villains having some sort of rehabilitation, but Warmaster had such a strong motivation and physical presence, I would rather she stayed a villain...
    Me, too, ..and I don't see how the WW comic, having so few good villains, can afford to rehab her. It's like what's happened to Maxima, in the Superman comics...what a complete waste of a good super-villainess.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

These 'embassy' stories always turn out the same. Embassy established ---> Embassy attacked ---> Stuff ---> No more embassy. It just isn't an interesting concept.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    These 'embassy' stories always turn out the same. Embassy established ---> Embassy attacked ---> Stuff ---> No more embassy. It just isn't an interesting concept.
    I don't know how you could say "always" when there's only been one embassy and one attack by Medusa.

That said the new one is a huge target but it has 3 Wonder Women protecting it.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Hi. I'm here coz I saw Jason has a boyfriend. What's the plot?

Embassy's cool. Embassy's fine. It may be the same plot but consider it reestablishing since we had no Embassy in New 52.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I asked Steve Orlando on Twitter if Donna would meet Jason in the annual and here's his response:

Steve Orlando
    @thesteveorlando

·
    2m
    Replying to
    @vince_gattuso
    Jason's up to future creators! Barely had time for that.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

All this Jason talk has me reminded of this image from the final Darkseid War pages of the Nu52

"The True Chosen One" I... Just.... Thank you Geoff.... we... really needed that....
    Last edited by Perseus; 07-09-2020 at 04:38 PM.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

So, I guess Diana is stuck in Boston, until the next run. Woo, woo...would I really like to see a brand NEW and quirky, iconic city that fans could latch onto, introduced, right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    So, I guess Diana is stuck in Boston, until the next run. Woo, woo...would I really like to see a brand NEW and quirky, iconic city that fans could latch onto, introduced, right now!
    For some reason, I don't think the Amazon Embassy is going to last.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 07-09-2020 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Rooting for the next team to be able to do something with Jason, in a far more tempered, supporting way. The failure the first time around outside of an overall bad story was making him too much the focus. The fact I liked the idea when it first came to though is probably what makes me want to give it a second chance. For those that hated the concept in the first place, then saw what they actually did with it, I can appreciate having no desire having it come back to. I'm in the exact same boat in the Superman mythos. But here, if Jason can become a solid supporting character for Wonder Woman whose around once in a while, I'm all for it.
    Jason should never have happened. Its like the Zeus as daddy thing....it shifts the all female driven narrative to a male one. And when this idea has already been done (Nubia) and she already has an adopted sister (Donna) the writers are tossing those in place of a male character.

Jason should have:
    1)Disappeared and never existed once Rebirth happened, or

2)been the remnant of the leftover magic used to create the false Island and horrible Amazons, leaving him to be a sort of spiritual brother to Diana without being an actual sibling, or

3) now that the nu52 reality is relegated to it's own Earth (Earth 52 as per Doomsday Clock) he can be that Diana's brother, and not the brother to Rebirth Diana . Maybe he mistakenly got transported to this Earth or something, and thinks this Diana is his sister or something, and we have have a storyline where Diana finds a way to send him home to Earth52. Forever.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    Jason should never have happened. Its like the Zeus as daddy thing....it shifts the all female driven narrative to a male one. And when this idea has already been done (Nubia) and she already has an adopted sister (Donna) the writers are tossing those in place of a male character.

Jason should have:
    1)Disappeared and never existed once Rebirth happened, or

2)been the remnant of the leftover magic used to create the false Island and horrible Amazons, leaving him to be a sort of spiritual brother to Diana without being an actual sibling, or

3) now that the nu52 reality is relegated to it's own Earth (Earth 52 as per Doomsday Clock) he can be that Diana's brother, and not the brother to Rebirth Diana . Maybe he mistakenly got transported to this Earth or something, and thinks this Diana is his sister or something, and we have have a storyline where Diana finds a way to send him home to Earth52. Forever.
    2 and 3 are both acceptable options, but 1 is thepreference. I had hoped he would have been left in whatever limbo world he had fallen into. I would have much rather Achilles been brought back with his elephant...that was an awesome visual.