Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Gohan (After another year in the time chamber) VS SSB Goku

Gohan spends a year in the hyperbolic time chamber in training AFTER he got all of his powers back in Dragon Ball Super. So, this would be him actually doing something with the already-powerful Ultimate/Mystic form that ended up getting trampled on the grand because Gohan becomes the most powerful in the universe and doesn't do shiiiiit.

How does an actually trained Ultimate Gohan do against his old man in his SSB form?

Considering, even after he slacked off for a decade plus, he was able to return to pretty good form after a few sparring matches with Piccolo, I'm curious how Gohan's seemingly endless potential would do against someone who ONLY trains.

Edit : Whis is there to train with him
    Last edited by Kuro; 07-08-2020 at 09:36 AM.

The point of Mystic Gohan is all his untapped nerd rage potential is ou. So in theory could be insanely strong.

Just his life style he does not go about curbstomping people.

That's what I thought, too, but then when he was training with Piccolo before the tournament, he did say something along the lines of "I don't think this is your max strength" or something.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Honestly, stick Gohan alone in the chamber for a year and he comes out skinny again, having read a bunch of good books. He does not care about fighting and training.

But in any case, his displayed max is more than "one year in the chamber" worse then his Dad's. He might have some theorycrafting granting him more, but no reality.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I agree, Gohan needs more than a year of just training to actually get back into peak shape. The issue is more that he has no will for it.

Quite apart from his psychology though, there's a further issue surrounding the level Gohan is meant to be at.

Now, Goku and many other people noted in Z that Gohan's innate potential was meant to be higher than Goku's. Dude managed to outright surpass his dad for a bit at like 13 years old. This is why Mystic Gohan was intended to be the strongest dude around when he was introduced, Gohan gets a shortcut to having access to all of his potential power and he simply has a higher limit than Goku.

However, I think the introduction of God Ki changes all that. Whatever measures of "potential" one has, the introduction of a completely new power source [God Ki] kind of throws all that out of the window because you're not dealing with the same metrics any more.

Goku is currently so far above his original peak power levels it seems incorrect to think that Gohan, who's Mystic Form was only a bit better than Peak Goku in the Buu Saga, would just scale accordingly.

Give Gohan God Ki and maybe we have a very different sort of situation on our hands but Mystic is just flatly not relevant any more when it comes to the tippity top guys.

Even in Super, Vegeta of all people flat out says that Gohan has the highest fighting potential of anyone.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Just to make a comment on Nik's point - I dont think you NEED God Ki in order to compete with God Ki users.

Amassing absurd amounts of regular ki and power can make you competitive with those guys. God Ki is just a MUCH more efficient form of using your ki imo. Frieza for example I don't believe ever learned God Ki.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Just to make a comment on Nik's point - I dont think you NEED God Ki in order to compete with God Ki users.

Amassing absurd amounts of regular ki and power can make you competitive with those guys. God Ki is just a MUCH more efficient form of using your ki imo. Frieza for example I don't believe ever learned God Ki.
    Strictly speaking you don't need it, we saw Kefla and the like being pretty competitive without those esoteric buffs.

But the function of God Ki, being a massively more efficient and dynamic form of regular old chi basically bears out that Gohan's maximised potential with his latent power is never going to be as good as Goku's now he has God Ki.

It's like... Gohan is a high performance racing car and Goku is a car with a rocket engine attached to it. You can optimise the car as much as you want but the rocket-car is going to go faster because it's fuel is way more volatile and powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Strictly speaking you don't need it, we saw Kefla and the like being pretty competitive without those esoteric buffs.

But the function of God Ki, being a massively more efficient and dynamic form of regular old chi basically bears out that Gohan's maximised potential with his latent power is never going to be as good as Goku's now he has God Ki.

It's like... Gohan is a high performance racing car and Goku is a car with a rocket engine attached to it. You can optimise the car as much as you want but the rocket-car is going to go faster because it's fuel is way more volatile and powerful.
    I mostly agree with the point you are making. Also that imagery is fantastic lol.

I guess I'm just of the opinion that Gohan likely could exceed SSB Goku even without learning God Ki, if 1: He was given more then a year and 2: Goku made no new gains.
    - big_adventure

At his current level Gohan is already somewhere in the SSG-SSB range. Not as strong as an SSB, as shown when he fought Top, but id argue he is at least as strong as an SSG given his performance against his dad during their sparing and his confidence displayed when he claimed he could deal with Golden Frieza(whose ki he can actually sense since its normal ki). He stated that he was going to train seriously from now on and would discover new levels of power through the use of his unleashed potential state. So Idk why everyone is saying nothing would happen if he went into the chamber when the guy flatout stated he was going to keep training from now on.

I can see Gohan getting up there with an SSB after that type of training. Maybe. Only so much can be gained from training in the gravity chamber.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Even in Super, Vegeta of all people flat out says that Gohan has the highest fighting potential of anyone.
    And as Cody pointed out, Goku also didn't hold back against Gohan when they fought in their spar before the Tournament of Power. In interviews with the writers, Goku was using the innate Ki control of SSB to lower his strength to a level where Krillin and Seventeen could contend with him. Whereas with Gohan, They were almost dead even, with Goku having to pull out Kaioken at the last second to overpower him. And in that same fight, Gohan states his intention to surpass his father, so Gohan's days of slacking are kinda over.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

I'm with Arby, he needs more than a year and he also needs to train in the right way.

I don't personally buy that he had the resolve and drive to level up that much by himself in a year.

Goku and Vegeta both just saw tremendous gains from their training sessions with Whis and the other guys in the manga who refined their strength further.

Oh there we go. A good teacher!

Gohan and Whis go into hyperbolic time chamber together for a year. That would likely see some results that are much more impactful.

Alright, he is now training with Whis in the chamber for a full year.

And to make things more bearable, there’s a fridge with infinitely regenerating food inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Alright, he is now training with Whis in the chamber for a full year.

And to make things more bearable, there’s a fridge with infinitely regenerating food inside.
    Isn't that already there?

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Isn't that already there?
    Then let's say it includes gourmet level food that Whis seems to enjoy so much, not just the buffet-style food that the Goku and crew gorge themselves on.