Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    A Zest 4 KungFu Treachery Darth Drizzle's Avatar

I agree that since he fought even with SSB Goku, sized up Golden Freeza and knew he could stop him he tried anything, Vegeta stating that he still has the highest potential of everyone around, and him training with Piccolo for a day or two got him up to fighting evenly with Goku without KK that he would definitely benefit from training 1 year with Whis. He would probably go beyond Vegeta's SuperBlue form if he were to jump to the next level of power transformations imo.

I dont particularly think he fought evenly with SSB Goku, for what its worth.

They were VERY evenly matched when Goku was just using ssj2.

Gohan yells at him to not hold back. Goku goes Blue in response. Gohan lands like... 1 punch on him then yells again for his Dad to get serious. Goku uses KK and one shots him.

Its... open for interpretation I guess? But given Gohan's ToP performance, I would say putting him somewhere around red haired God mode is more likely.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

The SSB seemed kind of inconsistent. Didn’t Krillin also hang with him in that form too?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    The SSB seemed kind of inconsistent. Didn’t Krillin also hang with him in that form too?
    I think one of the team members finally came out and said that Goku was heavily suppressing himself for that showing. I'll see if I can find the link.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Drizzle View Post
    I agree that since he fought even with SSB Goku, sized up Golden Freeza and knew he could stop him he tried anything, Vegeta stating that he still has the highest potential of everyone around, and him training with Piccolo for a day or two got him up to fighting evenly with Goku without KK that he would definitely benefit from training 1 year with Whis. He would probably go beyond Vegeta's SuperBlue form if he were to jump to the next level of power transformations imo.
    I want to comment but there are too many spoilers involved.

Just know that what you say is absolutely not what the manga is showing us now. Gohan is many orders of magnitude below Vegeta.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post

Just know that what you say is absolutely not what the manga is showing us now. Gohan is many orders of magnitude below Vegeta.
    Mmm yeaaahh, but the Manga is a wildly divergent canon from the Anime at this point.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I think one of the team members finally came out and said that Goku was heavily suppressing himself for that showing. I'll see if I can find the link.
    Does that mean Goku was suppressing his blue form against Gohan too?

Also, is there a criteria to getting the god forms? Pure blood? Can Gohan get it? Because if he can, he’d be beastly

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Does that mean Goku was suppressing his blue form against Gohan too?

Also, is there a criteria to getting the god forms? Pure blood? Can Gohan get it? Because if he can, he’d be beastly
    My personal interpretation is that he was suppressing himself in Blue against Gohan.

This is why Gohan manages to land 2 blows and then chastises Goku for still holding back. Goku gets serious and finishes him in one blow.

People will try to say that Gohan landing those two hits means he was on par with Blue, but I dont feel his ToP performance backs that up.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post

As was said; manga and anime are VERY different. Anime Kefla took Goku to unmastered Ultra Instinct. Manga, she and Gohan were pretty even. And honestly, that whole arc in the manga was pretty rushed and lackluster.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    My personal interpretation is that he was suppressing himself in Blue against Gohan.

This is why Gohan manages to land 2 blows and then chastises Goku for still holding back. Goku gets serious and finishes him in one blow.

People will try to say that Gohan landing those two hits means he was on par with Blue, but I dont feel his ToP performance backs that up.
    I would be willing to agree with you on that assessment if it wasn't for the Kaioken activation. If Goku was suppressing himself, he wouldn't need to go that far just to K.O. Gohan, he would've just charged up to full power. Personally, I believe that Gohan is within the ballpark of SSB Goku, even if he isn't his equal.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Ah but what if he was suppressing himself in the kk mode too?

*smart guy meme*

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I would be willing to agree with you on that assessment if it wasn't for the Kaioken activation. If Goku was suppressing himself, he wouldn't need to go that far just to K.O. Gohan, he would've just charged up to full power. Personally, I believe that Gohan is within the ballpark of SSB Goku, even if he isn't his equal.
    Eh. Being massively more powerful does not often translate into one shot KO victories in Dragon Ball.

Like, Jiren was WAY stronger then Hit. Tremendously so, but he couldn't just flat KO him. Lots of examples like this.

You kinda have to blow them completely out of the water for a quick KO.

Edit: I suppose a lot of the time the stronger guy is toying with them or whatever. I'm about to go rewatch Gohans fight with Toppo. Refresh my memory.
    - big_adventure

Ok, so Toppo was straight up trouncing Gohan. Like, laughing at him. He even ignores a kamehameha. Like, it specifically shows him caught in the blast, arms up and NOT in a defensive posture. He is fine after.

Gohan needed 17 to stand a chance.

SSB Goku and SSB vegeta were roughly on par with Toppo.

Edit: 40 seconds is the time stamp
    https://youtu.be/kU22XtjK3eo
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 07-08-2020 at 07:56 PM.
    - big_adventure

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Honestly, I don't see any reason why Gohan couldn't learn to access God Ki in one year, especially if he's trained by Whis or Goku himself. Gohan isn't usually very motivated to train or creative with his skills, but he gains power like crazy under skilled teachers, and Future Trunks seemed to have begun tapping into what appeared to be God Ki by the end of their fight with Zamasu.

Hell, Gohan wouldn't really have any pride-related qualms against redoing the ceremony that Goku used to gain God Ki in the first place, since he doesn't have Goku's desire to gain power ups the long way, and that ceremony seemed to accept half and quarter Saiyajin as valid participants.

Gohan was pretty motivated to train with Goku back in the Cell games, right? So, I think he has the drive in him.

It's just that when Goku, I guess, died after fighting Cell, his mom pretty much took the reigns and forced him to become a neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd. He clearly still wanted to be at least active, especially with his wanting to be a superhero and stuff.

Granted, with Goku, Gohan REALLY starts to shine, but I think we're selling him short if we say he has no motivation.