Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Classic Strange vs. Parallax

The good Doctor at his peak.

This is the Parallax entity of fear, solo. No host. So, post crisis.

Arena.

Bonus: Sinestro acts as the host.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Solo it petty casually stomped Hal Jordan into the mud. so that is something. Though that was before Hal got a couple upgrades.

In the past, Dr. Strange has beat an entire team of Fear Lords, including Nightmare and D'Spayre. Strange also beat Moondragon in a purely psionic battle. So I don't think Strange has anything to uh, fear, from Parallax's fear or mind control powers. Classic Strange was insanely powerful. He once destroyed an uninhabited planet just to give his flight speed a boost. Parallax can replay visuals from the past, but Classic Strange could time travel. Parallax can also manipulate impressive energies and create physical constructs, but so can Strange. At best, Parallax might hope for a draw.

Mighty Member

This is so in Strange's favor that it's not funny. Strange regularly goes up against demons who control fears and manipulate the mind. The giant space bug isn't going to be any different than, per say, Nightmare or D'Spayre.

Sinestro acting as Parallax's host was a force to be reckoned with. In his fight with Volthoom, he was bringing the pain. Parallax in other (lesser) hosts was brawling with Spectre-level beings. I don't know who wins, but Sinestro w/ Parallax makes this one helluva fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    Sinestro acting as Parallax's host was a force to be reckoned with. In his fight with Volthoom, he was bringing the pain. Parallax in other (lesser) hosts was brawling with Spectre-level beings. I don't know who wins, but Sinestro w/ Parallax makes this one helluva fight.
    Then there's Zero Hour Parallax who is completely on a different level.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomzilla View Post
    How best can I put this.. all of that is more a really bad comment on the Spectre than a really good comment on said "Spectre level beings".

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    In the past, Dr. Strange has beat an entire team of Fear Lords, including Nightmare and D'Spayre. Strange also beat Moondragon in a purely psionic battle. So I don't think Strange has anything to uh, fear, from Parallax's fear or mind control powers. Classic Strange was insanely powerful. He once destroyed an uninhabited planet just to give his flight speed a boost. Parallax can replay visuals from the past, but Classic Strange could time travel. Parallax can also manipulate impressive energies and create physical constructs, but so can Strange. At best, Parallax might hope for a draw.
    Well Parallax isn't just a fear lord or psychic. He is the sum of all the fears in the universe and is actually one of the seven primal energies of creation. Strange isn't that powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    How best can I put this.. all of that is more a really bad comment on the Spectre than a really good comment on said "Spectre level beings".
    Not really. Volthoom was revealed to be the being who created the universe under Johns. The emotional entities also filled up the empty source wall which runs the universe (previous universe was destroyed because the source wall was emptied).

When the emotional reservoir in Relic's previous universe was depleted, the entire universe collapsed into a void of nothingness:
    http://i.imgur.com/H3LFKF5.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/Zb8KuAT.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/FLCr2T6.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/lr11YUW.jpg

And six entities (Minus Parallax) filled source wall by sacrificing themselves.

https://i.postimg.cc/hjJvqsZk/image.jpg
    https://i.postimg.cc/d1z1QCzL/image.jpg
    https://i.postimg.cc/j2PjD5bv/image.jpg
    https://i.postimg.cc/05wjWtwm/image.jpg
    Last edited by Superfan90; 07-08-2020 at 11:17 PM.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superfan90 View Post
    Well Parallax isn't just a fear lord or psychic. He is the sum of all the fears in the universe and is actually one of the seven primal energies of creation. Strange isn't that powerful.
    Strange's mind resistance stuff is absolutely that powerful. Nightmare is the summation of fear while sleeping, and Strange has LOLnoped the guy repeatedly. Strange LOLnopes people who literally weaponize the minds of billions of people at once - feats that are beyond Parallax. Just being "the sum of all fears" doesn't mean anything without feats.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Strange's mind resistance stuff is absolutely that powerful. Nightmare is the summation of fear while sleeping, and Strange has LOLnoped the guy repeatedly. Strange LOLnopes people who literally weaponize the minds of billions of people at once - feats that are beyond Parallax. Just being "the sum of all fears" doesn't mean anything without feats.
    Well Nightmare isn't the summation of the fear of everyone in the universe and even classic Dr Strange was almost frightened to death by taking fear of a city into himself in the very same arc that you're referring. Dr Strange Sorcerer Supreme 39, he recovered from it later but that's nothing compared to what Parallax can do.

Billions of minds? Feats that are beyond Parallax? Seriously? We are talking about a being which scares Spectre, Strange is nothing compared to that.
    Last edited by Superfan90; 07-09-2020 at 04:18 AM.

Well Nightmare isn't the summation of the fear of everyone in the universe and even classic Dr Strange was almost frightened to death by taking fear of a city into himself in the very same arc that you're referring.

Billions of minds? Feats that are beyond Parallax? Seriously? We are talking about a being which scares Spectre, Strange is nothing compared to that.
    1: Nightmare us the sum of literally nightmares or why you should not go to sleep, Strange booed him.

2: You do realize the vast majority of Stranges foes are universe tier threats right? I mean plot wise he wins due to conditions like out sitting Dormammu ( who has conquered countless dimensions to fuel his pocket dimension and draws power from them. Right now he is Sky Father tier, hell he always was apparently, which is crazy.)

Also, Shuma Goroth, squiddy who ATE his damn universe. Stephen, fends off pieces of him at a time, which is impressive because normally satisfy noms. ( SG was Sorcerer Supreme of his universe. Yeah that title is not just for the Earth, but the universe. Marvel should recognize that creative/writing team wise.)

So source of Fear monster is actually in his ball park of enemies.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Feats are more important than narrative.

Well Nightmare isn't the summation of the fear of everyone in the universe and even classic Dr Strange was almost frightened to death by taking fear of a city into himself in the very same arc that you're referring. Dr Strange Sorcerer Supreme 39, he recovered from it later but that's nothing compared to what Parallax can do.

Dr. Strange Sorcerer Supreme run is NOT Classic Strange at his most powerful.

Please present some feats, I'd love to have a look at them.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    1: Nightmare us the sum of literally nightmares or why you should not go to sleep, Strange booed him.
    Not really, he is a fear lord who reigns over Earth's nightmares. Nothing more.

2: You do realize the vast majority of Stranges foes are universe tier threats right? I mean plot wise he wins due to conditions like out sitting Dormammu ( who has conquered countless dimensions to fuel his pocket dimension and draws power from them. Right now he is Sky Father tier, hell he always was apparently, which is crazy.)
    Dormammu is hardly universe destroying level threat we are talking about. Yes, he has a few feats on that level but he has admitted himself that he is equal to Odin and Zeus.

Also, Shuma Goroth, squiddy who ATE his damn universe. Stephen, fends off pieces of him at a time, which is impressive because normally satisfy noms. ( SG was Sorcerer Supreme of his universe. Yeah that title is not just for the Earth, but the universe. Marvel should recognize that creative/writing team wise.)
    Retconned by Mark Waid. There are sorcerer supremes on different planets. Strange is Sorcerer Supreme of Earth only.

So source of Fear monster is actually in his ball park of enemies.
    Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Feats are more important than narrative.
    Recharging entire universe isn't a feat now? Emotional Spectrum is what literally powers the universe.

Dr. Strange Sorcerer Supreme run is NOT Classic Strange at his most powerful.
    Which run would that be then?

Please present some feats, I'd love to have a look at them.
    For starters Parallax has actually overpowered Spectre Force (Not a host, mind you).

Last edited by Superfan90; 07-09-2020 at 05:45 AM.