Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Default X-Force #10 Recap and Review, Here be Spoilers

- The away team is in the temple at Terra Verde, Dom and Logan are talking about her missing memories. They are quickly separated by the telefloronic plant people.
    - First data page where Beast admits he messed up, but then is like "this is a good thing, actually".
    - Black Tom takes a gate to Terra Verde to help the away team. He and Krakoa have an unhealthy relationship.
    - Jean confronts Beast.
    - Second data page that's just more of Jean putting Beast in his place. There is a word in what appears to be cyrillic at the bottom, Does anybody have a translation?
    - Jean and Sage join Black Tom in TV.
    - Quentin is dead, Dom is either dead or dying, and Wolverine is about to die.
    - Jean links Sage and Tom and using their powers collectively manages to destroy all the telefloronics. In the final page with Wolvie in the temple it's unclear to me whether the human bodies are dead or merely no longer possessed.
    - Back at Krakoa, Jean quits X-Force and she and Logan have a cute little tasteful hookup in a hot spring.
    - Next issue: Code Red

The issue was good, the art was beautiful as usual. Beast continues to be the worst. Although I'm sure there are many people who enjoy it, Percy needs to find something for Quentin to do besides be the red shirt who dies every mission. I usually like the data pages, but the second one in this issue felt like it could have just been a drawn page. The polycule was pretty much confirmed, that's cool. Bummed that Jean quit and is being replaced by *yawn* Colossus.

9/10. Amazing issue. Sage and her outfit were a highlight. Hilarious. It was odd seeing Jean carry her though. She doesnt typically do that as usually it would have been drawn with her TKing Sage with pink aura

That was low key horrifying. Love Cassara's art.

Poor Beast simply can't keep his genocidal tendencies at bay.

Another fantastic issue with some damn good art by Cassara. This really is the best X-book going and definitely a great showing from Jean this issue. The only thing left to say is way to go Logan.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

This book continues to deliver. Percy really does a great job with his casts characterization. Everyone behaves how I feel they should, and for the most part, does a wonderful job giving balance to the cast.

Domino as Tomb Raider, Jean and Beast's confrontation, Jean/Sage/Black Tom saving the day, and Jean getting dick on the side were the highlights for me.

I will say that I didn't like the data pages continuing to serve as deleted scenes. They could have just show that, and not have us just read text. I also don't like the over indulgence of death in this series.

Quentin's death was beautifully gruesome.

Great issue. Loved it all.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I distinctly remember stating here (after the resurrection protocols were revealed) that the writers are's going to be killing their characters every other issue as that would be silly.

...Goddess, was I wrong.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I distinctly remember stating here (after the resurrection protocols were revealed) that the writers are's going to be killing their characters every other issue as that would be silly.

...Goddess, was I wrong.
    Quentin is a Phoenix host, so it comes with the job

We can’t skip over the fact that Logan and Piotr definitely boned.

I feel this particular writer is a little too comfortable killing off the cast, it's becoming a trend at this point.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I mean, if there are going to be multiple deaths, X-Force is the book where it makes the most sense. But it is getting tedious, and it seems like at some point the Five or QC would give the team **** for constantly queue jumping the resurrection line.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    We can’t skip over the fact that Logan and Piotr definitely boned.
    "He's big everywhere." I bet he is Logan. I. Bet. He. Is.

BANNED

This issue was weird. The scene with Jean and Logan was awesome, and so was the exchange between her and Beast, but the best part of this one was off-screen. The part where she used the other's powers was good, but I really HATE that the cover hyped Black Tom as being a highlight of the issue and in the end he was ineffective on his own, but perhaps that was the point. The scenes with Logan, Domino and Quentin were absolutely meh.
    I really hope it picks up the pace next issue, because while it was good, this issue was definitely not worth the wait.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I agree that this books makes the most sense for a lot of death, but I feel that there should be some reprieve here and there. It doesn't bring the quality down, but its happening a little too much.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

...Goddess, was I wrong.
    Everyone in the X-men comics is Kenny McCormick or Dean and Hank Venture now it seems.

One has to wonder how these heros ever got through all their past adventures without dying for real constantly? Next thing we know Angel is reported to have died offscreen from having slipped on a piece of toast and broke his neck on the kitchen table.

This feels like an extension of the Wolverine/Deadpool having to get injured issue. When writers feel they constantly need to show a character getting horrible injured because the character can heal from it anyway. Either to highlight how dangerous an enemy or situation is, or because the power defines the character so they have to get used to fill a quota, or for comedic effect.

Only here it's actualy dying and not just rapid healing and it now effects everyone regardless of their power. Because they now have a 3D printer for people established and it has to be used frequently to justify the investment so to speak.

I wonder how Mister Immortal from the Great Lake Avengers feels about the X-men stealing his gimick?