Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    How is QQ generating globes of light?

Shouldn't his tk/to be more or less invisible?

Some artists like to highlight tk/tp use with colour and others don't. But either way I wouldn't have thought those powers generate any light?
    His TK is energy and he is concentrating it into a ball. Concentrated ball of energy giving off light makes sense to me

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Both Jean and Quire did the tk light trick in an earlier issue of X-force (I think it was issue 6). I guess their tk energy does give off a pink-ish glow.

Betsy has used her psychic knife for light before.
    Shoot a least TK makes more sense than TP for this type of thing

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Everyting is better when its horny
    -Proverbs 6:9

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    ‘Sweet groiny taste’? As in tasting of groin? Ew.
    As in tasting of Cain Marko.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    How is it Apocalypse's actions gets defended and/or excused but Beast gets called out? Beast did nothing wrong, everything he's done has been for the benefit of mutantkind. What Hank needs to do is tell everyone to f@#k off and keep on keeping on.
    I'm pretty sure if we start counting from Krakoa's founding, Beast has indirectly killed more people than Apocalypse. Definitely more than Sinister and Exodus.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I do hope that Jean won't really leave. Maybe she just won't partake in the field missions anymore? I know she's featured on a cover, but that doesn't always mean much. Percy has done such a great job with Jean, that I'd hate to see her move on from this title. I also hate that we have to wait a bit to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I do hope that Jean won't really leave. Maybe she just won't partake in the field missions anymore? I know she's featured on a cover, but that doesn't always mean much. Percy has done such a great job with Jean, that I'd hate to see her move on from this title. I also hate that we have to wait a bit to find out.
    She doesnt really partake in field missions anyway. She was in this one bc she had to clean up Beast's mess and save Logan and Domino

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I'm pretty sure if we start counting from Krakoa's founding, Beast has indirectly killed more people than Apocalypse. Definitely more than Sinister and Exodus.
    Destroying nations is like something Apocalypse did to pass the time as a "teenager," as an adult he did this to future (Cable's) and worlds (Age of Apocalypse, Omega World). And he did that directly. He's like Thanos' baby brother he never knew he had. We don't need to start from Krkao's founding since both characters weren't created by Hickman for Krakao.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Destroying nations is like something Apocalypse did to pass the time as a "teenager," as an adult he did this to future (Cable's) and worlds (Age of Apocalypse, Omega World). And he did that directly. He's like Thanos' baby brother he never knew he had. We don't need to start from Krkao's founding since both characters weren't created by Hickman for Krakao.
    Agreed. Hell, does Bishop remember AOA? If so, he should have a major problem with this. Apocalypse has shown that, given the opportunity, he will kill hundreds of millions of people. But sometimes he babysits Shogo, so that must give him a pass.

BANNED

Lots to unpack.

Domino: raising the preeminent and dominant question of this new era. Who are these people, really? Not only can they die and come back, but they can also decide which memories shape them. And what's the real THEM anyway? Are we really us anymore after something traumatic twists the way we think and feel?

Quire: one of my favorite "new-ish" characters. Such a child. Fits so well with this cast. If this were a MOBA or teamfight game, he'd be getting harassed about his K/D rate. Do better, Quintavius.

Beast: Delightful character continues to delightfully think he knows better than everyone. Maybe he does. Something had to be done, and it seems at least at the end of this issue, that things mostly worked out. Someone's gotta be the one to do the metaphorical snikting, the bad stuff, for the good of most.

Tom: got to be a hero. Now back to the plants.

Sage: the moral compass of the team.

Wolverine: probably has no idea what's happening and is just riding the wave.

Jean Grey:

Hasn't been this much of a handful since Bendis left. She was so bossy this issue. Loved it. And speaking of former JG writers, there was a little bit of everything here:

-Going mind-diving without permission and being called on it, being generally demonstrative, kinda just taking what she wants: Bendis

-Going on an emotional tear, throwing stuff around because she feels wronged: Simonson

Uniting everyone in a carebear mind-meld to solve a problem: Taylor

The subtly sexy familiarity between her and Logan: Morrison

And you of course have the bits about Jean being very worried and motherly in regards to her thoughts about what they have done to the Terra Verdeans. She's really feeling it and it's kind of shaking her. Its the D'Bari all over again, though the people are fine overall, this time. Who else had their heart sink when she said she was done?

You got a pretty complete and compelling Jean Grey in this, minus her dying and coming back, but she just did that in her previous appearance.

Loved the convo between her and Logan. They know each other so well and there's almost some...doting...on each other that works and isn't really corny or over the top with vows of forever and whatnot. Which brings me to the way Percy just showed why they should be a thing:

They are very grown-up and relaxed. They know they have each other in an understated way that comes off really cool. This is a great take on the dynamic.

I also like how Jean is seemingly the driver in their situation. There he was just chilling alone, like most of the time, when she just shows up and has herself his beer and maybe whatever else. The woman was on a tear this issue. Need more. lol

As for the Rectangle: I say nooooooooooooo. Jean and Logan as individuals, uncomplicated, un-titled is dope. Leave them be! Likewise Scott and Emma are their own kind of match-made. Let them be! Yank the band-aid and have them moved forward. It'll be ok. Jott was bad anyway.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bossofbam View Post
    Agreed. Hell, does Bishop remember AOA? If so, he should have a major problem with this. Apocalypse has shown that, given the opportunity, he will kill hundreds of millions of people. But sometimes he babysits Shogo, so that must give him a pass.
    I’m not sure Bishop can cast stones at this point....

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Lots to unpack.

Domino: raising the preeminent and dominant question of this new era. Who are these people, really? Not only can they die and come back, but they can also decide which memories shape them. And what's the real THEM anyway? Are we really us anymore after something traumatic twists the way we think and feel?

Quire: one of my favorite "new-ish" characters. Such a child. Fits so well with this cast. If this were a MOBA or teamfight game, he'd be getting harassed about his K/D rate. Do better, Quintavius.

Beast: Delightful character continues to delightfully think he knows better than everyone. Maybe he does. Something had to be done, and it seems at least at the end of this issue, that things mostly worked out. Someone's gotta be the one to do the metaphorical snikting, the bad stuff, for the good of most.

Tom: got to be a hero. Now back to the plants.

Sage: the moral compass of the team.

Wolverine: probably has no idea what's happening and is just riding the wave.

Jean Grey:

Hasn't been this much of a handful since Bendis left. She was so bossy this issue. Loved it. And speaking of former JG writers, there was a little bit of everything here:

-Going mind-diving without permission and being called on it, being generally demonstrative, kinda just taking what she wants: Bendis

-Going on an emotional tear, throwing stuff around because she feels wronged: Simonson

And you of course have the bits about Jean being very worried and motherly in regards to her thoughts about what they have done to the Terra Verdeans. She's really feeling it and it's kind of shaking her. Its the D'Bari all over again, though the people are fine overall, this time. Who else had their heart sink when she said she was done?

You got a pretty complete and compelling Jean Grey in this, minus her dying and coming back, but she just did that in her previous appearance.

Loved the convo between her and Logan. They know each other so well and there's almost some...doting...on each other that works and isn't really corny or over the top with vows of forever and whatnot. Which brings me to the way Percy just showed why they should be a thing:

They are very grown-up and relaxed. They know they have each other in an understated way that comes off really cool. This is a great take on the dynamic.

I also like how Jean is seemingly the driver in their situation. There he was just chilling alone, like most of the time, when she just shows up and has herself his beer and maybe whatever else. The woman was on a tear this issue. Need more. lol

As for the Rectangle: I say nooooooooooooo. Jean and Logan as individuals, uncomplicated, un-titled is dope. Leave them be! Likewise Scott and Emma are their own kind of match-made. Let them be! Yank the band-aid and have them moved forward. It'll be ok. Jott was bad anyway.
    Agree with pretty much all of this.

So we really don't know for certain the fate of the country. A huge number of them are dead just based off last issue, including their President. I can't tell off that last page if everyone is dead or not. At best the entire infrastructure and culture of the nation is eradicated, along with massive casualties. At worst its genocide. Krakoa has only existed for a few months and they've already perpetuated one of the most evil acts in modern history. Why are we supposed to root for them? Even the data page (which absolutely should have been an actual page! Same with Jean quitting!) was more concerned with how this could create a problem for Krakoa and not really terrible in and of itself.

What a disgusting, cynical story. Beast eradicates a nation through incompetence because they might potentially compete with Krakoa. Jean seems more upset that he lied and concealed it. Her actual point is hard to parse from the purple prose, and she seems more disappointed than angry at what just happened.

Domino is accidentally highlighting a problem: if these characters aren't the ones we've been reading about for years, why should we care about what happens to them? Are they all just pick-and-choose pieces of the people they're based on? They've all become Kenny from South Park, so they clearly dropped the parts that make them competent.

Last thing, I hate it when this characterization of Logan is used. I hate 'grizzly attack dog' Wolverine. Just a stupid blunt instrument Xavier throws at icky jobs. Just going along with it with barely a worry because its 'what you got to do'. Set his character development back 10 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Black Tom and Krakoa...
    Not convinced this is at all healthy.
    Attachment 98523
    ‘Sweet groiny taste’? As in tasting of groin? Ew.
    this line completely slipped my mind lol Percy is obsessed with Phallic imagery

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Jean Grey:

Agreed Jean was great this issue I wish we could see more of her by Percy, would love to see her interact more with the rest of the X-men and yes Scott/Emma and Logan/Jean look good together. It seems they have gotten over their past issues.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

spectacular book x-force is delivering on all cylinders rite full speed heading into x of swords..

jean's and beast fight was the highlight for me. also brought me back from the time cyclops had beast help on the black ops x force hit squad back on kyle and yost run.

cant wait til next issue!

Imagine if Excalibur was as good as X-force. Its not fair Apocalypse bros.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.