Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Default X-Force #10 Recap and Review, Here be Spoilers

- The away team is in the temple at Terra Verde, Dom and Logan are talking about her missing memories. They are quickly separated by the telefloronic plant people.
    - First data page where Beast admits he messed up, but then is like "this is a good thing, actually".
    - Black Tom takes a gate to Terra Verde to help the away team. He and Krakoa have an unhealthy relationship.
    - Jean confronts Beast.
    - Second data page that's just more of Jean putting Beast in his place. There is a word in what appears to be cyrillic at the bottom, Does anybody have a translation?
    - Jean and Sage join Black Tom in TV.
    - Quentin is dead, Dom is either dead or dying, and Wolverine is about to die.
    - Jean links Sage and Tom and using their powers collectively manages to destroy all the telefloronics. In the final page with Wolvie in the temple it's unclear to me whether the human bodies are dead or merely no longer possessed.
    - Back at Krakoa, Jean quits X-Force and she and Logan have a cute little tasteful hookup in a hot spring.
    - Next issue: Code Red

The issue was good, the art was beautiful as usual. Beast continues to be the worst. Although I'm sure there are many people who enjoy it, Percy needs to find something for Quentin to do besides be the red shirt who dies every mission. I usually like the data pages, but the second one in this issue felt like it could have just been a drawn page. The polycule was pretty much confirmed, that's cool. Bummed that Jean quit and is being replaced by *yawn* Colossus.

9/10. Amazing issue. Sage and her outfit were a highlight. Hilarious. It was odd seeing Jean carry her though. She doesnt typically do that as usually it would have been drawn with her TKing Sage with pink aura

That was low key horrifying. Love Cassara's art.

Poor Beast simply can't keep his genocidal tendencies at bay.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

This book continues to deliver. Percy really does a great job with his casts characterization. Everyone behaves how I feel they should, and for the most part, does a wonderful job giving balance to the cast.

Domino as Tomb Raider, Jean and Beast's confrontation, Jean/Sage/Black Tom saving the day, and Jean getting dick on the side were the highlights for me.

I will say that I didn't like the data pages continuing to serve as deleted scenes. They could have just show that, and not have us just read text. I also don't like the over indulgence of death in this series.

Quentin's death was beautifully gruesome.

Great issue. Loved it all.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I distinctly remember stating here (after the resurrection protocols were revealed) that the writers are's going to be killing their characters every other issue as that would be silly.

...Goddess, was I wrong.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Another fantastic issue with some damn good art by Cassara. This really is the best X-book going and definitely a great showing from Jean this issue. The only thing left to say is way to go Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Another fantastic issue with some damn good art by Cassara. This really is the best X-book going and definitely a great showing from Jean this issue. The only thing left to say is way to go Logan.
    Summed up my review perfectly. This series is consistently awesome. And Logan+Jean at the end... hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    - The away team is in the temple at Terra Verde, Dom and Logan are talking about her missing memories. They are quickly separated by the telefloronic plant people.
    - First data page where Beast admits he messed up, but then is like "this is a good thing, actually".
    - Black Tom takes a gate to Terra Verde to help the away team. He and Krakoa have an unhealthy relationship.
    - Jean confronts Beast.
    - Second data page that's just more of Jean putting Beast in his place. There is a word in what appears to be cyrillic at the bottom, Does anybody have a translation?
    - Jean and Sage join Black Tom in TV.
    - Quentin is dead, Dom is either dead or dying, and Wolverine is about to die.
    - Jean links Sage and Tom and using their powers collectively manages to destroy all the telefloronics. In the final page with Wolvie in the temple it's unclear to me whether the human bodies are dead or merely no longer possessed.
    - Back at Krakoa, Jean quits X-Force and she and Logan have a cute little tasteful hookup in a hot spring.
    - Next issue: Code Red

The issue was good, the art was beautiful as usual. Beast continues to be the worst. Although I'm sure there are many people who enjoy it, Percy needs to find something for Quentin to do besides be the red shirt who dies every mission. I usually like the data pages, but the second one in this issue felt like it could have just been a drawn page. The polycule was pretty much confirmed, that's cool. Bummed that Jean quit and is being replaced by *yawn* Colossus.
    So, this is what peaceful coexistence looks now to Krakoa: war crimes and genocide for the greater good of the country...

How progressive.

3/5.

Solid issue.
    The moral bankruptcy of the X-Men is well engaged now.
    Krakoa needs to disband that specific team of X-Force and trial its leaders and the ones supervising them if it wants to even pretend at a form of justice and morality here.
    See how well mutant justice works there...
    Go to the UN and compensate in full the Verdeans for the killing of their people, the sabotaging of their technologies, the destruction of their country and the ruination of their future.
    Telefloronic was their ticket out of poverty, remember?

Can Krakoa do that, clean up the miserable mess made by their people?
    And some posters around here say they have the moral superiority over the sapiens, when they are pulling the exact same bs once left the opportunity.

Greed.
    Arrogance.
    Fear.

Mutants are humans, able to do the best and the worst things possible. In case people needed a reminder.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Go to the UN and compensate in full the Verdeans for the killing of their people, the sabotaging of their technologies, the destruction of their country and the ruination of their future.
    Still waiting for Western nations to do this for nations of the Middle East... in real life.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Still waiting for Western nations to do this for nations of the Middle East... in real life.
    That's the funniest thing about the "Krakoa is morally bankrupt" argument. Like, yeah, no ****...it's a nation + its government.

I totally agree, but members of the cult of the mutants as Hickman has written them are as loyal to this version of mutants as Trump supporters are to Trump. Many of them make it clear they'd support mutants if they decided to launch an all out genocide against the rest of humanity, because of how they have suffered.

Now that they are all fabulously wealthy and spend their time slumming in the human world complaining about its shortcomings, it's like rooting for Zuckerman or Bezos. Hickman has turned all the mutants into decidedly unlikeable characters. I really have no interest in the whole business angle, and the focus on sex is boring. Comic book writers seem to have a very unrealistic view of sex in general as if they are individuals who rarely ever have sex and never have had hot, good sex which makes all the scenes about it cringeworthy. It's like I'm reading a pre-pubescent boy's idea of what sex is like.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jonincentex View Post
    I totally agree, but members of the cult of the mutants as Hickman has written them are as loyal to this version of mutants as Trump supporters are to Trump. Many of them make it clear they'd support mutants if they decided to launch an all out genocide against the rest of humanity, because of how they have suffered.

Now that they are all fabulously wealthy and spend their time slumming in the human world complaining about its shortcomings, it's like rooting for Zuckerman or Bezos. Hickman has turned all the mutants into decidedly unlikeable characters. I really have no interest in the whole business angle, and the focus on sex is boring. Comic book writers seem to have a very unrealistic view of sex in general as if they are individuals who rarely ever have sex and never have had hot, good sex which makes all the scenes about it cringeworthy. It's like I'm reading a pre-pubescent boy's idea of what sex is like.
    Don't worry, Hickman and the writers realise that Krakoa aren't the "heroes" of this story. He's doing the same thing like he did with the Avengers with the Illuminati and Cabal. This is just the set up part, Hickman hasn't been shy about foreshadowing this is all going to end in tears. Or perhaps next X-men villains who are Bizarro X-men/Brotherhood.