Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

So beast committed genocide

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    So beast committed genocide
    This is the second time Beast has become a monster when Apocalypse had authority over mutant kind. The first was in Age of Apocalypse.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    This is the second time Beast has become a monster when Apocalypse had authority over mutant kind. The first was in Age of Apocalypse.
    What the heck does Apocalypse have to do with what Beast just did?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    What business had the Spanish in Mexico, or the French in Africa, or the British everyhwere? And unlike those, Terra Verde was actually a threat.
    Was it, though? Beast made quite a leap of logic to call those tree dudes Sentinels, and I don't think they had anything to do with the attack on Xavier. They attacked that press conference because of nationalism. They were more a potential economic challenger

Was it implied that Domino died at the end of this issue? Her last panel showed her being smothered by the plants but I’m not sure if Jean was able to save her in time.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    What the heck does Apocalypse have to do with what Beast just did?
    The link was apparent in what I said. I'm sure Apocalypse would be so proud once if he ever hears about this development.

The link was apparent in what I said. I'm sure Apocalypse would be so proud once if he ever hears about this development.
    Dark Beast wasnt this Beast so that falls flat especially since it was in an alternate timeline. Lets talk about what our actual Beast has done

1. Massacred the inhabitants of an alternate timeline in Astonishing X-men
    2. Blew up an underwater city in Secret Avengers, killing thousands
    3. Released a strain of the Legacy Virus that targeted and killed Skrulls in Secret Invasion
    4. Brought the O5 to present day and risked the collapse of this timeline.

Apocalypse had nothing to do with any of those stories but it'll be interesting to see how you spin it to serve your narrative. Beast has a history of doing awful sh-t which includes borderline genocidal actions

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Dark Beast wasnt this Beast so that falls flat especially since it was in an alternate timeline. Lets talk about what our actual Beast has done

1. Massacred the inhabitants of an alternate timeline in Astonishing X-men
    2. Blew up an underwater city in Secret Avengers, killing thousands
    3. Released a strain of the Legacy Virus that targeted and killed Skrulls in Secret Invasion
    4. Brought the O5 to present day and risked the collapse of this timeline.

Apocalypse had nothing to do with any of those stories but it'll be interesting to see how you spin it to serve your narrative. Beast has a history of doing awful sh-t which includes borderline genocidal actions

It was a comparison to Dark Beast and how Apocalypse being in a government he serves is a warning sign that Hank has lost himself. Dark Beast also came to the 616 universe, and the Age of Apocalypse wasn't a random time line it was a divergent time line created in 616 when Legion went back in time and killed Xavier. Do you honestly think Apocalypse would be against human genocide? He'd love the Beast doing those things, as well.

We're talking about Krakoa, where Apocalypse is on the Quiet Council and leads Excalibur.

It was a comparison to Dark Beast and how Apocalypse being in a government he serves is a warning sign that Hank has lost himself. Dark Beast also came to the 616 universe, and the Age of Apocalypse wasn't a random time line it was a divergent time line created in 616 when Legion went back in time and killed Xavier. Do you honestly think Apocalypse would be against human genocide? He'd love the Beast doing those things, as well.

We're talking about Krakoa, where Apocalypse is on the Quiet Council and leads Excalibur.
    For starters, what's in blue ain't the case. It's why people are in no big hurry to entertain these sorts of attempted tangents.

Past that? Tossing a bunch of random stuff into a gumbo pot of nonsense that isn't even in the titles doesn't somehow create a link that isn't there.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I hope Jean tells the Council btw. Because they shouldn't associate with it. Blame it on Hank, throw him The Pit and let's go back to the Tiki Bar.
    Nothing will be done to him ,Xavier and Magnus at a minimum side with him,it will make it worse.Sinister will be like oh a critter after my own heart,this is a guy I can run some 'cool' ideas by...If Hank was told that Sinister is running 'clinical' chimera trials off Krakoa,you think Beast wouldn't be excited to join in the science?

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    We can’t skip over the fact that Logan and Piotr definitely boned.
    They so did.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ravyn View Post
    They so did.
    Nah he just saw the package through the tights,which surprises me as I'd expect such observations 10 years ago if not more with everyone in such tight wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Still waiting for Western nations to do this for nations of the Middle East... in real life.
    Or Africa. Or India. Or South and Central America. Oh, and let's add the native populations in Australia and the US while we're at it.
    Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    That's the funniest thing about the "Krakoa is morally bankrupt" argument. Like, yeah, no ****...it's a nation + its government.
    Whataboutism doesn't excuse what X-Force just caused.
    And I never said what western nations did to the rest of the world jived well with me either, but it's not what this serie is about.

But that's the point; it isn't superior, but it isn't inferior either, it's doing what any other nation ever did.
    I was just referring to a discussion I had in another thread with someone else, I don't think Percy wants to convey that himself in this serie either.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    Whataboutism doesn't excuse what X-Force just caused.
    And I never said what western nations did to the rest of the world jived well with me either, but it's not what this serie is about.
    It's also hypocrisy, they bring up that when those countries do that it's wrong (which is correct) yet when Krakoa does it its right. Because they're mutants, as if that absolves them of genocide.

I was just referring to a discussion I had in another thread with someone else, I don't think Percy wants to convey that himself in this serie either.
    And they're wrong, since they're defending what Beast did. The response isn't shown as being a wash, it's to defend Krakoa even when they do bad things.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Am I missing an old issue because I thought Beast only went after Terra Verde because they were complicit with Charles getting shot in #1.
    No, they had zero involvement with that, Charles getting shot was the result of that shady organization of extremists with the peacock masked leader.
    Furthermore, even if they HAD been involved in that attempt (which they weren't), that wouldn't justify the acts X-Force commited against them and the destruction of their country.

I hope Jean tells the Council btw. Because they shouldn't associate with it. Blame it on Hank, throw him The Pit and let's go back to the Tiki Bar.
    And the Verdeans, aren't you forgetting them in all this?
    They should be compensated by Krakoa first, their economy was crippled and technology sabotaged by them. And secondly, the exaction was committed on their soil, they were the victims of what X-Force caused, they absolutely have the right to ask for Beast to be extradited and judged by themselves.

Yeah I think it was that + the fact they were developing bio Sentinels. The big hiatus didn't help in making it cohesive imo, because I can't really remember everything compared to when it was monthly or biweekly.
    It wasn't a fact.
    It was a speculation from Beast about what the applications of the telefloronic could led to.
    Speculation.
    Not the same thing.
    And again, had they effectively been doing that, it still wouldn't justify the acts X-Force commited against them and the destruction of their country.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."