Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Mhh perhaps, Beast's actions here deserve consequences, I just really believe this arc needed some more time, not another story in the middle, and not a "few month" time skip.
    I also dont really see how a sentinent plant tech that goes rogue starts to emulate their myths, it goes from a pretty simple spy/ politics story to something that's waaay too large to be resolved like that, even jean shrugs it off her hands after fiixing the situation wich to me feels like a cop out to shelve the story.
    what I think we're supposed to take from the "its an indigenous knowledge system" reveal is the idea that beings/systems similar to Krakoa have existed in tandem to it for a rly long time . I could see that being played around with down the line

but it totally felt like an unnecessary addition to this issue . Percy was juggling a lottt

Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    The russian word seems to translate to "chronicler" or "annalist" which doesn't.. make much sense. It is written like a short synopsis of something that happens right then that just doesn't have pictures attached to show it, so why would it be penned by anyone, and if it were in russian it would hint at Piotr (or Illyana but she has nothing to do with the book) or Mikhail, whom has been hinted at in an image here and there without anything substantive, but in general that showdown between Jean and Beast didn't seem to be seen by any third party, so.. it just doesnt seem to make sense. Seems like nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Yes, it is a Russian word for "chronicler". And yes, it doesn't make much sense.
    my take - recently-awoken sleeper agent Colossus has been reporting on the happenings to.. someone I guess thru these data pages that've been replacing key panels . no clue if it'll pan out like that but idk what else is possible..

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm absolutely loving X-Force but...what I'm not loving is Beast being written like an incompetent, shady idiot.

It was interesting for an arc or two but...this Beast is so very far removed from X-Factor Beast and NXM Beast and AXM Beast...I can understand why some readers are speculating this is Dark Beast. His characterisation is really awful.

Personally, I'm thinking, Sublime Beast (since this era has many Morrison connotations) Beast experimenting with Kick back then and not getting completely off of it would explain his behaviours and distinct lack of common sense.
    I'm hoping this segues into a redemption arc. the world needs fun beast rn
    hes been rly loathsome though, especially in this issue when he tried to somehow shift the blame onto jean, so im ok with it being very slow burn . lol

Beast continues to have its pre-Krakoa characterization. Do I remind you of New Tian, or Inhumans vs X-men? You don't even need to go to Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    The polygamy is the laziest most juvenile thing. Literally the last time these characters interacted Emma had Wolverine on an operating table and Scott rejected her for Jean. Logan had moved on from Jean for a long time. Now suddenly they're all together with no buildup and no explanation, just a dozen 'teehee, they're fucking!' implications and gay jokes from Wolverine. I'm fine with polyamorous relationships, but put in the work. Don't reduce them to a cheap joke.

I've thought this was all a setup to a larger reboot, but I got laughed off when I brought it up. What makes you guys think this going to reboot?

I think I know why. Between nobody acting like themselves and the resurrections, the violence has no punch to it. Its just gorn. A majority of the actual character interaction was relegated to a data page, and Jean's outrage came across less like moral indignation and more like pouting over a lie. There were no feel-good or positive moments, just an action beat that had no stakes despite what the narration was trying to sell. That a nation was potentially a victim of genocide didn't really feel important
    Yeah Krakoa x-men is a mess, they completely lose all morality. I wonder if people gonna be mad on mutants for genociding a nation.
    of course not, because only mutant lives are worth

yeah poly setup is infantile and a bad joke. They are erasing years of stories and characterizations. I doubt they will go full on it.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    yeah poly setup is infantile and a bad joke. They are erasing years of stories and characterizations. I doubt they will go full on it.
    So you're not denying it anymore?

It can't really be denied at this point. Hot tubs and architecture don't lie.

Yeah Krakoa x-men is a mess, they completely lose all morality. I wonder if people gonna be mad on mutants for genociding a nation.
    of course not, because only mutant lives are worth

For some reason all X-Men are fine with a show where Apoc is killing mutants. Next step for poly is a show where Apoc is having sex with all mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    It can't really be denied at this point. Hot tubs and architecture don't lie.
    Where is that laughing out loud emoji?
    (Thanks for the genuine smile I got when I read your post by the way)

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    For some reason all X-Men are fine with a show where Apoc is killing mutants. Next step for poly is a show where Apoc is having sex with all mutants.
    yeah and people all gonna love because Poccy is now a hero to the fandom. dad blue.

man sales will go down so fast now haha

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    So you're not denying it anymore?
    I'm just talking about his comment.

There was so much crammed into one issue, which I think was the problem. Did they just genocide an entire nation? Or just destroy its culture, infrastructure, economy and government? Because the President and everyone at his home were reduced to meat chandeliers last issue. They aren't coming back. And even if they do, this was a massive crime that they can't possibly hide. You can't hide destroying an entire nation!

I think what they were trying to say was that this super-plant thing was something Terra Verde has always had, and had had myths and religions around it in ye olden times. They hadn't been able to do anything useful with it until recently. In his insane troll logic thinking Beast thought the wannabe Groot's were the same as Omega Sentinels, and decided to reprogram the tech-plants to lobotomize the guy in charge of that research. The reprogramming passed on to the entire plant mass and caused it go kill and take over everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    There was so much crammed into one issue, which I think was the problem. Did they just genocide an entire nation? Or just destroy its culture, infrastructure, economy and government? Because the President and everyone at his home were reduced to meat chandeliers last issue. They aren't coming back. And even if they do, this was a massive crime that they can't possibly hide. You can't hide destroying an entire nation!

I think what they were trying to say was that this super-plant thing was something Terra Verde has always had, and had had myths and religions around it in ye olden times. They hadn't been able to do anything useful with it until recently. In his insane troll logic thinking Beast thought the wannabe Groot's were the same as Omega Sentinels, and decided to reprogram the tech-plants to lobotomize the guy in charge of that research. The reprogramming passed on to the entire plant mass and caused it go kill and take over everyone.
    he knew it wasn't like omega sentinels, he lied to Jean about that.

yeah it was too much for a issue.

Also it should be written Tierra Verde and not Terra Verde.
    Impressed how writers can't even search for a right name on spanish
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-09-2020 at 08:32 AM.

Extraordinary Member

yeah and people all gonna love because Poccy is now a hero to the fandom. dad blue.

man sales will go down so fast now haha

I hope Moira with reunite with her lost love Apocalypse

It was genuine question, as you couldn't stop claiming since HoX started (as if it was an absolute truth) that Jean &Logan was not a thing. You denied it so much, that now Jogan is confirmed I was just asking if you were stil denying it.

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    It was genuine question, as you couldn't stop claiming since HoX started (as if it was an absolute truth) that Jean &Logan was not a thing. You denied it so much, that now Jogan is confirmed I was just asking if you were stil denying it.
    They kisse dnad that is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    U know I still don't understand what it is about Krakoa that suddenly made Cyclops, Wolverine, and Jean plus Emma conveniently okay with Polyamory. Honestly I'd kind of like that to be adressed.
    They just gave in to fanfictions.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    They just gave in to fanfictions.
    Yeah x-men books became fanservice. But don't say crap about fanfiction, majority have a lot better writing than x-books and actual character development