Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 329
  1. #136
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,696

    Default

    Wait, did Jean imply Beast now wants Krakoa to annex Terra Verde after effectively exterminating its population?

  2. #137
    Astonishing Member Ferro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    2,816

    Default

    I feel this story bites a bit more than it can chew, we aren't clear of the situation and it sorta moves too fast, while it's written well im not sure terra verde was as a concept for one book alone, unless it was the flagship, especially because we dont really understand how what happens in issue ... i think 6 ? goes to control the entire nation and it's people and mutates it into whatever, and aparently its their ancient history even tho aparently only started to be picked up recently.
    It goes from 8 to 8000.

    Beast's fear of organic omega sentinels was sorta valid, but man he doesnt think things trough and doesn't cooperate.

    then the aftermath is not clear at all, it's a pretty large concept but not very well executed now that i have reread it, the tech going out of control was an okay idea but it goes way too deep way too fast.
    Last edited by Ferro; 07-08-2020 at 10:59 PM.

  3. #138
    Astonishing Member Ferro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    2,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Wait, did Jean imply Beast now wants Krakoa to annex Terra Verde after effectively exterminating its population?
    Tbh I feel this will be ignored in the book itself and in the larger line, because really it's not very clear of what actually happened and what will happen now, not very well executed in my opinion, the domino arc in the middle and the time skip makes the story far more confusing.
    Last edited by Ferro; 07-08-2020 at 11:08 PM.

  4. #139
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    2,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Tbh I feel this will be ignored in the book itself and in the larger line, because really it's not very clear of what actually happened and what will happen now, not very well executed in my opinion, the domino arc in the middle and the time skip makes the story far more confusing
    Hickman runs a tight ship, Percy isn't going rogue here. This is also a single issue, which I sincerely doubt they're going to ignore rather then explore later on down the line. Big things occurred, so much so Jean quit and Hickman would know hat she's doing given that she's a prominent X-man. Might even pick up next issue, who knows? Which also presents opportunities to fully explore what actually happened further.

    Edit: Krakoa annexing a country wouldn't be a precedent in X-Force, they'd be following Excalibur's lead with Avalon. I'm curious if soon the Marauders are going to be getting their own country if this keeps up.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 07-08-2020 at 11:15 PM.

  5. #140
    Astonishing Member Ferro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    2,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Hickman runs a tight ship, Percy isn't going rogue here. This is also a single issue, which I sincerely doubt they're going to ignore rather then explore later on down the line. Big things occurred, so much so Jean quit and Hickman would know hat she's doing given that she's a prominent X-man. Might even pick up next issue, who knows? Which also presents opportunities to fully explore what actually happened further.
    Mhh perhaps, Beast's actions here deserve consequences, I just really believe this arc needed some more time, not another story in the middle, and not a "few month" time skip.
    I also dont really see how a sentinent plant tech that goes rogue starts to emulate their myths, it goes from a pretty simple spy/ politics story to something that's waaay too large to be resolved like that, even jean shrugs it off her hands after fiixing the situation wich to me feels like a cop out to shelve the story.

  6. #141
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Tbh I feel this will be ignored in the book itself and in the larger line, because really it's not very clear of what actually happened and what will happen now, not very well executed in my opinion, the domino arc in the middle and the time skip makes the story far more confusing.
    Yeah in the end it looked like Jean/Sage/Tom restored the population to their initial form, but it wasn't clear. And Jean came to Terra Verde like "let me fix this mess".

    Terra Verde had some mythological background already btw https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Terra_Verde . I think that the data page talking about Alchemy refered to Diablo.

  7. #142
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    350

    Default

    I wonder what Cable and Rachel thinks about this haha

  8. #143
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    What's wild is he really tried to make Jean look like the bad guy for looking in his mind and exposing his murderous ass.
    It was hypocritical of him but not really a new thing.

    Regarding the issue great as usual. Esp. the scene with Jean and Logan. Thumbs up

  9. #144
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    222

    Default

    The russian word seems to translate to "chronicler" or "annalist" which doesn't.. make much sense. It is written like a short synopsis of something that happens right then that just doesn't have pictures attached to show it, so why would it be penned by anyone, and if it were in russian it would hint at Piotr (or Illyana but she has nothing to do with the book) or Mikhail, whom has been hinted at in an image here and there without anything substantive, but in general that showdown between Jean and Beast didn't seem to be seen by any third party, so.. it just doesnt seem to make sense. Seems like nonsense.

  10. #145
    Fantastic Member Psy-lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    The russian word seems to translate to "chronicler" or "annalist" which doesn't.. make much sense. It is written like a short synopsis of something that happens right then that just doesn't have pictures attached to show it, so why would it be penned by anyone, and if it were in russian it would hint at Piotr (or Illyana but she has nothing to do with the book) or Mikhail, whom has been hinted at in an image here and there without anything substantive, but in general that showdown between Jean and Beast didn't seem to be seen by any third party, so.. it just doesnt seem to make sense. Seems like nonsense.
    Yes, it is a Russian word for "chronicler". And yes, it doesn't make much sense.

  11. #146
    Astonishing Member Ferro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    2,816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorsify View Post
    The russian word seems to translate to "chronicler" or "annalist" which doesn't.. make much sense. It is written like a short synopsis of something that happens right then that just doesn't have pictures attached to show it, so why would it be penned by anyone, and if it were in russian it would hint at Piotr (or Illyana but she has nothing to do with the book) or Mikhail, whom has been hinted at in an image here and there without anything substantive, but in general that showdown between Jean and Beast didn't seem to be seen by any third party, so.. it just doesnt seem to make sense. Seems like nonsense.
    benjamin percy continues his journey on strange use of non english dialects lol :P

  12. #147
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Edit: Krakoa annexing a country wouldn't be a precedent in X-Force, they'd be following Excalibur's lead with Avalon. I'm curious if soon the Marauders are going to be getting their own country if this keeps up.
    How about Madripoor?

    That would surely not lead to any problems.

    Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Yes, it is a Russian word for "chronicler". And yes, it doesn't make much sense.
    The "Chronicler" makes me think of "Librarian" from Powers of X. Which could be considered similar roles of information keeping.

    Which in turn once again makes me wonder who these white info pages are actualy made for in universe?

    I mean of course their purpose is to provide backround informations or riddles to the reader, but they are also designed to look like in universe documents. What with the letters, file shortcuts and all.

    All these informations are extremely detailed and might go even beyond what Moira X is supposed to know. So who compiled them and who is reading them?

    But the Chronicler could lead to something else entirely. Mikhail meanwhile makes me wonder if Krakoa could have interest in obtaining "The Hill" for some purpose?

  13. #148
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,123

    Default

    The Chronicler appeared in issue number 6 (I think) in one of Beast's logs already. He had left a piece of paper that Hank found and it had only the word "Chronicler" written on it.

  14. #149
    Mighty Member Zelena's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1,814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarvelWarrior View Post
    The polygamy relationship is real? That’s unfortunate. Why not just pair Jean with Logan and Scott with Emma?
    Wouldn't it be rational? “Love is a rebellious bird” …
    Is it love or just midlife crisis?

  15. #150
    Mighty Member Frobisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    The Chronicler writes people's internal monologues in Author's Voice. Very Claremontian.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •