Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I love Jean and Logan as the X-men’s new power couple. Just look at all the powerful reactions it has sparked! Hope it lasts forever and ever.
    I say give it a chance! Let's see where it leads. It's long due.

I love Jean and Logan as the X-men’s new power couple. Just look at all the powerful reactions it has sparked! Hope it lasts forever and ever.
    I don't give it not even 2 years

Quote Originally Posted by franckd View Post
    I say give it a chance! Let's see where it leads. It's long due.
    Agreed. It’s a great time to be a fan of this pairing. Judging by the reaction and how much conversation it’s sparked online, it’s not going anywhere. Ever.

Agreed. It’s a great time to be a fan of this pairing. Judging by the reaction and how much conversation it’s sparked online, it’s not going anywhere. Ever.
    To quote Morrison's Wolverine : "You and me Jeannie. You and me, in a blaze of glory"

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    To this day, Wanda fans cant even explain what the heck the Life Force was. It was a generic plot device to say she wasnt responsible and hasnt been used again
    And Wanda's haters dwell in their bitterness about it. C'est la vie.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Really why is this a surprise? I guess you missed or forgot that she was the most vocal in HoX. Jean never stopped caring or speaking for humanity. Its actually something thats been consistent with her

Oh, I never said she didn't Care about sapiens.
    I was surprised by the terms she decided to use, the distanciation it implies, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think she meant that they're supposed to lie to everyone else outside of Krakoa about what they're doing, not to themselves.
    Hope she isn't quitting over those lies, rather than over destroying that country.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

One moment was very reactionary but...the issue has a lot of other more important Jean moments and other interesting character moments.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

On the Wanda thing, I thought she just depowered everyone, not outright killed them all?

So much talk in HoXPoX was about mutants being superior to humans, morally and and physically. And now, having built their nation, after a few months they inflict a Genosha on a nation that (had allied with them!) through sheer incompetence. Because they thought that their tech was an economic threat, and could POTENTIALLY be a military threat. If the point is to show they really aren't better than humans, fine. But this was such a heinous crime on such a massive scale, and so soon after this all starts, I can't believe this is supposed to be a long term idea. Like, if this is where they START, where do they go from here? How are they not evil? How are they not the bad guys? 'Other nations do it' and its always been evil then too.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    On the Wanda thing, I thought she just depowered everyone, not outright killed them all?

So much talk in HoXPoX was about mutants being superior to humans, morally and and physically. And now, having built their nation, after a few months they inflict a Genosha on a nation that (had allied with them!) through sheer incompetence. Because they thought that their tech was an economic threat, and could POTENTIALLY be a military threat. If the point is to show they really aren't better than humans, fine. But this was such a heinous crime on such a massive scale, and so soon after this all starts, I can't believe this is supposed to be a long term idea. Like, if this is where they START, where do they go from here? How are they not evil? How are they not the bad guys? 'Other nations do it' and its always been evil then too.
    Wanda just depowered. some were killed because they were flying or doing dangerous things.

The krakoa mantra is that they were better than humans, that they would do better than humans and total dead to humans institutions.
    Then, Krakoas just do like humans: get a CIA, torture people and now causes a genocide on lating america.

I hope this get more play because this is very evil. But it x-swords seems to be just next, I bet this will be rug under the swept.

yeah mutants are totally the bad guys
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-10-2020 at 04:39 PM.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post

It was never the mantra that mutants are better than humans. Granted, Magneto or Apocalpyse certainly believe so, but that was never the point of it. It was simply for mutants to have a nation where they can be safe and grow without fear of multiple genocides. The fact that a mutant nation is neither superior, or inferior to a human one is ultimately a slap in the face of both mutant and human supremacists.

And Wanda depowering people led many to their deaths, like people that were using their powers and couldn't anymore (for example, flying) or that were helpless to defend themselves against people that persecuted them.

Mighty Member

I hope this get more play because this is very evil. But it x-swords seems to be just next, I bet this will be rug under the swept.

yeah mutants are totally the bad guys
    Not really "bad guys" so much as a rational nation state.

The mutants are not bring written as a species, or a faction. They are being written as a nation, with interests and obligations. Their decisions are not based on obligate survival or basic defense. They need to build and maintain a power base.

As for this being "swept under a rug", one theory I have heard around the comic store is that this run will be fuzzed out with time travel or something similar (not unlike Hickman's pre-"Secret Wars" run on "Avengers" and "New Avengers").
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post

The mutants are not bring written as a species, or a faction. They are being written as a nation, with interests and obligations. Their decisions are not based on obligate survival or basic defense. They need to build and maintain a power base.

As for this being "swept under a rug", one theory I have heard around the comic store is that this run will be fuzzed out with time travel or something similar (not unlike Hickman's pre-"Secret Wars" run on "Avengers" and "New Avengers").
    Nations have numerous factions operating in governments, the Quiet Council in itself does this. Mutants have never been a single faction, this is why the X-men have fought the various mutant super-villains over the years and not all the mutant super-villains get along. The Hellfire Club itself has had numerous factions acting each other, like when Selene was the Black Queen.

They're terrible at building power bases, though. They have no military allies with other nations and outright antagonise other nations at summits. They can't even get a friendly nation, like Wakanda, to be an official ally.

What's this theory based on?

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post

you have to see that nations doesn't genocide others, specially a new nation that has the problem of mutantphobia and some countries doesn't recognize krakoa.

Krakoa mission was being different and not exactly equal human failed instituctions. I think we can even say that nation and nationalism are human failed concepts

Astonishing Member

im curious how those baths can sanitized if they use the same water or replace it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    It was never the mantra that mutants are better than humans. Granted, Magneto or Apocalpyse certainly believe so, but that was never the point of it.
    It's normalised by Krakoa, including in front of humans. The Quiet Council is filled with mutants who believe this and very rarely get chewed out for it. The X-men simply gave up on arguing over this, or worse, agree with it.

It was simply for mutants to have a nation where they can be safe and grow without fear of multiple genocides.
    They think it's safe doing with mutants and super-villains who kill and genocide other mutants, and the very same mutants are responsible for degrading the work Xavier was doing over the years to seal the rift. The goal is ideal, Krakoa as it is isn't the only option they have to get it.

The fact that a mutant nation is neither superior, or inferior to a human one is ultimately a slap in the face of both mutant and human supremacists.
    Mutant supremacy is ingrained in Krakoa culture.

And Wanda depowering people led many to their deaths, like people that were using their powers and couldn't anymore (for example, flying) or that were helpless to defend themselves against people that persecuted them.
    Which she deeply regrets. The X-men are more than happy to be team mates and friends with mutants who kill and enslave, which they don't regret, other mutants these days.

Just deleted 25 posts that were completely off topic and nothing more than petty arguing. Stay on topic, talk about comics not people.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.