Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    A descent into Dark Beast could be fun.
    I thought we're already there lol

BANNED

Hank is the kind of guy that would go on Twitter to defend selling a child's custody because taxation is already a violation of human rights.

That Logan comment totally gave me Ultimate X-Men locker room vibes lol

Jean was bad ass in this.

Percy does like to kill. He killed off the whole team in Woverine #1. So we will probably continue to see this in his books.

Jean leaving the team is a given. I guess Colossus and Sage get more focus after Swords of X. Jean is in the for a little bit more I think.

Jean/Logan bonding time lol

Also Logan almost about to call out that Domino didnt want to forget. This will all be very interesting later on. Oh Colossus. What did you do.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    He already pretty much was Dark Beast in Bendis' run, he just pretended not to enjoy the stuff he did.
    It would be interesting to find out that he *is* Dark Beast, somehow.

A) Dark Beast had a suicide switch built into his body so that when he died, it downloaded his brain to a new clone body somewhere, that he invented way back in the Age of Apocalypse while experimenting on the hundreds of other mutants he'd killed and dissected. Only instead of 'another clone body,' he unintentionally downloaded *into Hank* the last time he died and has been lurking in fragmentary form in the back of his mind, pulling himself together only when the real Hank is asleep.

B) Dark Beast replaced Hank again, but found a way to fool telepaths by Manchurian Candidating *himself,* so that he (usually) thinks he's the real 616 Hank, only becoming aware of his true self in a telepathy-shielded special space in his lab where he's 'working on psi shielding' if anyone asks.

c) something, something dabbling with dark magic has resulted in him getting possessed somehow by the spirit of Dark Beast that he foolishly summoned for information, because that's totally something he would do (perhaps even inviting the merger, somehow, convinced that he'd gain all that knowledge, and be able to overcome the genocidal madman parts).

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

A) Dark Beast had a suicide switch built into his body so that when he died, it downloaded his brain to a new clone body somewhere, that he invented way back in the Age of Apocalypse while experimenting on the hundreds of other mutants he'd killed and dissected. Only instead of 'another clone body,' he unintentionally downloaded *into Hank* the last time he died and has been lurking in fragmentary form in the back of his mind, pulling himself together only when the real Hank is asleep.

B) Dark Beast replaced Hank again, but found a way to fool telepaths by Manchurian Candidating *himself,* so that he (usually) thinks he's the real 616 Hank, only becoming aware of his true self in a telepathy-shielded special space in his lab where he's 'working on psi shielding' if anyone asks.

c) something, something dabbling with dark magic has resulted in him getting possessed somehow by the spirit of Dark Beast that he foolishly summoned for information, because that's totally something he would do (perhaps even inviting the merger, somehow, convinced that he'd gain all that knowledge, and be able to overcome the genocidal madman parts).
    That would be a copout. We've seen Beast go down a darker path for years. Nothing we are seeing now is farfetched. Id rather he be Hank , own this and deal with the consequences as opposed to him getting a past by saying its his AOA doppleganger

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    That Logan comment totally gave me Ultimate X-Men locker room vibes lol

Jean was bad ass in this.

Percy does like to kill. He killed off the whole team in Woverine #1. So we will probably continue to see this in his books.

Jean leaving the team is a given. I guess Colossus and Sage get more focus after Swords of X. Jean is in the for a little bit more I think.

Jean/Logan bonding time lol

Also Logan almost about to call out that Domino didnt want to forget. This will all be very interesting later on. Oh Colossus. What did you do.
    I hope that Quentin dying every mission becomes a recurring gag.

X-Force is explicitly excluded from the law (like the CIA in real life).

They don't have to throw Beast into the Pit but I wish they did.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    "You're no better than me, Jean, I may have killed an entire country, but you violated my sacred right to privacy and nothing justifies that!"
    Also isn’t that exactly what ppl were complaining about with the last Marauders??? Well the guards didn’t kill a whole country but the normal detractors were like “why would Emma force the monster mass-producing technology designed to oppress mutants to have empathy???”

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    X-Force is explicitly excluded from the law (like the CIA in real life).

They don't have to throw Beast into the Pit but I wish they did.
    I don't anything about how the CIA functions, but if an operative screwed up a mission big time and caused innocent lives to be lost, they'd probably face some kind of punishment, right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

I think this goes into the same territory of "all these X-Men are clones, the real ones are hidden somewhere and will come back when Hickman leaves". I mean, your idea could work in some scenarios, but I really feel like it robs the story of any heart, because the whole fun is seeing the characters actually being pushed into some questionable or extreme actions and seeing how they deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Also isn’t that exactly what ppl were complaining about with the last Marauders??? Well the guards didn’t kill a whole country but the normal detractors were like “why would Emma force the monster mass-producing technology designed to oppress mutants to have empathy???”
    People's morality flips between whatever allows them to argue louder in this place. It's one of the reasons I basically stopped posting here in the last three months and just got back to joke about ****, because it's tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I think the downside is now it's difficult to create interpersonal romantic drama or intrigue which always adds flavour to fiction with everyone being fair game to everyone else
    There can still be drama with one partner wanting to branch out and the other wanting to stay monogamous. Low-key thought they were going to go down that route with Rogue and Gambit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    I don't anything about how the CIA functions, but if an operative screwed up a mission big time and caused innocent lives to be lost, they'd probably face some kind of punishment, right?
    I wish I could say yes, but as long as the lives were from another country I think we know the answer.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I really hate what marvel has done with Beast character he`s so different from who he was that he could very well be a twin of his dark beast counterpart, what I don`t get is why' because he used to be a moral compass for the X-men just like Nightcrawler, Jean, kitty, Storm or Xavier. He really must have been punished for this but if the pit is the answer I doubt Jean will report him which will become a problematic situation going forward, because X-force will keep making those kinds of decisions. Jean should stay at least as a way of keeping things going too far.

I liked the conversation between Domino and Logan it seems Percy is really getting into the way the resurrection is going to affects the characters mental balance, I wonder if kid Omega that`s what`s happening to kid omega, he seemed way too violent this issue but if he remembers Logan killing him on his solo series that would explain it.

Don`t know how to fell about Jean/Logan/Scott tbh.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 07-08-2020 at 11:58 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I really hate what marvel has done with Beast character he`s so different from who he was that he could very well be a twin of his dark beast counterpart, what I don`t get is why' because he used to be a moral compass for the X-men just like Nightcrawler, Jean, kitty, Storm or Xavier. He really must have been punished for this but if the pit is the answer I doubt Jean will report him which will become a problematic situation going forward, because X-force will keep making those kinds of decisions. Jean should stay at least as a way of keeping things going too far.

I liked the conversation between Domino and Logan it seems Percy is really getting into the way the resurrection is going to affects the characters mental balance, I wonder if kid Omega that`s what`s happening to kid omega, he seemed way too violent this issue but if he remembers Logan killing him on his solo series that would explain it.

Don`t know how to fell about Jean/Logan/Scott tbh.
    I never thought I’d say this, but Hank needs Brand or Trish in his life to reign him in. I know that just saying having a female in your life, is not a cure.

But Hank needs a relationship that just focuses on himself, so he won’t be all occupied with doing these crazy things when he’s got the time.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I never thought I’d say this, but Hank needs Brand or Trish in his life to reign him in.
    Agreed but at this point I think he also needs young beast to come back again and ask him why has he fallen so low and some kind of punishement as well. I felt like his character just went gradually dark since the Morrison era and he has just gotten worse. What`s stange is no other character noticing this besides his young self and now Jean.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022