Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    How many people has Beast indirectly killed with his idea? I am not sure if when Jean "sets them free" she is killing them or setting them free. And honestly, Quentin dying on every mission is a hilarious running gag.
    Domino: OMG they killed Quentin!
    Colossus: You bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    U know I still don't understand what it is about Krakoa that suddenly made Cyclops, Wolverine, and Jean plus Emma conveniently okay with Polyamory. Honestly I'd kind of like that to be adressed.

Also for an Omega level mutant Quire is always getting killed first, I wonder if this is a way to appease the haters, honestly Quentin was straight up disrespected in this issue.
    Probably the same thing that makes then think death by Apocalypse is a great way to restore depowered mutants.

Jean/Logan was cool, the body horror of the floral infection was beautifully rendered...but this book bored me. X-Force doesn't have the heart nor the adrenaline rush I look for in comics.

Fantastic Member

Yeah im not cool with the polyamory stuff and all but Hickman is a bit of a fan of Morrison and Morrison loved being weird for no reason

Probably the only dissenting vote here but I am ok with that and the flak I will most likely get for it but, did not care for this series, I mean I am trying but to many things here that just don't get my interest. I mean I for one like to see Quire pull a Kenny because he is a douche, but Domino suddenly being altered from letting the world see my scars to hey I got better mentally and physically for no reason and I am cool with it, Hank sinking further into the crap hole Marvel put him with no sign he is ever getting out, and then this latest chestnut with Logan and Jean which I have to ask was this developed in another book? Because if it was I must have missed it and honestly I don't care for it, and no I don't I want her shipped with Summers, I just grew out of that stupid triangle a while back and seeing this here just makes me cringe now.

Well, it won't matter I guess, I mean this whole Krakoa thing won't last, not with all the signs shown so far pointing to the inevitable reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Probably the only dissenting vote here but I am ok with that and the flak I will most likely get for it but, did not care for this series, I mean I am trying but to many things here that just don't get my interest. I mean I for one like to see Quire pull a Kenny because he is a douche, but Domino suddenly being altered from letting the world see my scars to hey I got better mentally and physically for no reason and I am cool with it, Hank sinking further into the crap hole Marvel put him with no sign he is ever getting out, and then this latest chestnut with Logan and Jean which I have to ask was this developed in another book? Because if it was I must have missed it and honestly I don't care for it, and no I don't I want her shipped with Summers, I just grew out of that stupid triangle a while back and seeing this here just makes me cringe now.

Well, it won't matter I guess, I mean this whole Krakoa thing won't last, not with all the signs shown so far pointing to the inevitable reset.
    " but Domino suddenly being altered from letting the world see my scars to hey I got better mentally and physically for no reason "
    It's a plot point, she got ressurrected without memory of the torture and without the scars. This gonna be explained later.

Hank is really over as chaarcter after Morrison. He used to be so happy and outgoing on avengers books, I want that Hank back.

the development has nothing to do with this book, came out of nowhere.

I also grew out of the boring triangle, but writers want to keep her in just so Jean can't be popular or have fresh new things. Finest chaarcter sabotage

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Probably the same thing that makes then think death by Apocalypse is a great way to restore depowered mutants.
    OOC everywhere.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    " but Domino suddenly being altered from letting the world see my scars to hey I got better mentally and physically for no reason "
    It's a plot point, she got ressurrected without memory of the torture and without the scars. This gonna be explained later.

Hank is really over as chaarcter after Morrison. He used to be so happy and outgoing on avengers books, I want that Hank back.

Hickman's provided the best out for any writers after him, unless he's going to do this himself, with the Krakoa set up. The resurrection provides provides such a wide canvass to retcon things the X-men do it's ridiculous.

OOC everywhere.
    Yup. When the shoe starts dropping in act 2 it'll be a ride, people are going to turn on Hickman so fast.

The polygamy relationship is real? That’s unfortunate. Why not just pair Jean with Logan and Scott with Emma?

Love this book, but Quire dying every damn issue is beyond redundant. Percy really needs to pump the brakes with that ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozack View Post
    Love this book, but Quire dying every damn issue is beyond redundant. Percy really needs to pump the brakes with that ****.
    Maybe this running gag (I like it to be fair) will lead to something.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    It's a plot point, she got resurrected without memory of the torture and without the scars. This gonna be explained later.

Hank is really over as character after Morrison. He used to be so happy and outgoing on avengers books, I want that Hank back.

I also grew out of the boring triangle, but writers want to keep her in just so Jean can't be popular or have fresh new things. Finest character sabotage

OOC everywhere.
    I imagine that the plot will be used as another nail in the coffin for Krakoa then because I don't see her being cool with the notion that they messed with her head nor anyone for that matter because then the question becomes is the person I am now the same that died or was I too altered to fit the agenda?

I honestly think it will take a writer of tremendous skill to make that happen, I do want that as well because frankly, it is just sad what was done to him.

Ok, well that just seems stupid and lazy to me then, like if you must hook them up could you at least show some effort and not just throw it out there?

Yeah, that seems to be the thing, but I only like it when Hickman does it...though Mystique feels mostly the same, in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelWarrior View Post
    The polygamy relationship is real? That’s unfortunate. Why not just pair Jean with Logan and Scott with Emma?
    Laziness perhaps? Or they don't know what to do with them, I mean it's not like they are going to keep Madeline alive in Hellions so Cyclops can pine for her in any way and no way they will hook him up with Braddock either. And quite frankly I doubt the Logan/Jean thing will last just like the Logan/Ororo ship didn't last, anything when it comes to him a woman lasts tbh.

The polygamy is the laziest most juvenile thing. Literally the last time these characters interacted Emma had Wolverine on an operating table and Scott rejected her for Jean. Logan had moved on from Jean for a long time. Now suddenly they're all together with no buildup and no explanation, just a dozen 'teehee, they're fucking!' implications and gay jokes from Wolverine. I'm fine with polyamorous relationships, but put in the work. Don't reduce them to a cheap joke.

I've thought this was all a setup to a larger reboot, but I got laughed off when I brought it up. What makes you guys think this going to reboot?

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Jean/Logan was cool, the body horror of the floral infection was beautifully rendered...but this book bored me. X-Force doesn't have the heart nor the adrenaline rush I look for in comics.
    I think I know why. Between nobody acting like themselves and the resurrections, the violence has no punch to it. Its just gorn. A majority of the actual character interaction was relegated to a data page, and Jean's outrage came across less like moral indignation and more like pouting over a lie. There were no feel-good or positive moments, just an action beat that had no stakes despite what the narration was trying to sell. That a nation was potentially a victim of genocide didn't really feel important
    Last edited by pkingdom; 07-08-2020 at 09:55 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quire dying is very satisfying even if it wont stick. Percy killing him off every arc or ignoring him altogether is fine because he shouldnbe gone anyway. Although this issue he was tolerable

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    The polygamy is the laziest most juvenile thing. Literally the last time these characters interacted Emma had Wolverine on an operating table and Scott rejected her for Jean. Logan had moved on from Jean for a long time. Now suddenly they're all together with no buildup and no explanation, just a dozen 'teehee, they're fucking!' implications and gay jokes from Wolverine. I'm fine with polyamorous relationships, but put in the work. Don't reduce them to a cheap joke.

I've thought this was all a setup to a larger reboot, but I got laughed off when I brought it up. What makes you guys think this going south?
    I didn't think the writers know the answers themselves, that's why the time skip is so important they can continue the storyline for years and once they've established an explanation, likely after Hickman's act 3, we'll see it in action. Personally, I'm ok with the poly stuff since I found the love triangle boring and it went on for far too long in the comics.