Incredible Member

Default Batman Damned:Full Story,Controversy and Ananlysis

From :55 to 6:52-background info on the creation of the Black Label line.

10:26 to 53:05 The entire 3 issue story.

53:06 to 1:14:12-Analysis and interpretations of the story

1:14:14 to 1:30:40 Discussion about the controversy surrounding the first issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j_Euo577qU

Incredible Member

To answer the question near the beginning,"What does Black Label mean to you?" would say,not much. DC really backpedaled on the actual concept,i.e. "adult" comic books with graphic violence,adult language,nudity,etc. or some combination.

One of those episodes where I’ll watch it because I have no interest in buying the actual story

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Adkins View Post
    To answer the question near the beginning,"What does Black Label mean to you?" would say,not much. DC really backpedaled on the actual concept,i.e. "adult" comic books with graphic violence,adult language,nudity,etc. or some combination.
    Simpler answer for me is an excuse for DC to shove more Batman, Joker, and Harley Quinn nonsense.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    One of those episodes where I’ll watch it because I have no interest in buying the actual story

Simpler answer for me is an excuse for DC to shove more Batman, Joker, and Harley Quinn nonsense.
    It was an interesting enough story. Their comments and jokes are fun.

Suppose that's true. But it does sell.

Incredible Member

Had never thought about this being part of other books. Now there's a "Jokerverse?"

I loved the art on Batman Damned and the horror themes worked well, but as a story half of it never seemed to be explained, the other half went nowhere, and the ending really didn't make much sense at all.

Spectacular Member

I enjoyed Batman Damned, but I have to agree with the ending being so confusing to me. But I was more focused on the art style of the comic, it was amazing. I just love the horror aspect to it. The part with bruce's mom and harley quinn crying in the same way scene was so dark.