Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I think you can argue that certain members from the TT/YJ teams can certainly outshine individual Leaguers on one one, but the premise that they are all equally-powered teams with a handful of stand-out powerhouses just doesn't comport, IMO. Experience and intelligence counts for a lot in these fictional match-ups.

I don't necessarily think this exact scene should play out, but it does roughly illustrate the point.

Also, a team has to be well-rounded. So an "All-Star" team doesn't necessarily just have the strongest members. If we're using a sports analogy, you can't have 11 quarterbacks in NFL football or 11 strikers in soccer/football. You need other positions with other strengths. The Justice League basically fulfills that. Aquaman is the King of the seas without equal; Superman is the most powerful being; JL's Flash is (at least historically) the fastest speedster around; Batman is the smartest and most resourceful; head to head Martian Manhunter is second only to a handful, same with Wonder Woman.
    This scene its completely wrong...
    a) It doesnt make sense, since even the weak YJ ANIME Conner should be superior in speed and strength to Black Canary.
    SUPERBOY (YJ ANIME) managed to hit Black Adam so hard that he sended BLACK ADAM away flying!!!!!
    SUPERBOY (YJ ANIME/COMIC OF IT) managed to INTERCEPT Bullets

b) I talk about COMIC Conner...
    Comic Conner flies,is nearly as strong as Superman (TT-Conner feats),super-speed,heat vision,freeze breath...
    Comic Conner would need 1 second to destroy Black Canary completely.

I dont understand the well-rounded or 11 strikers etc. analogy.
    I didnt say only power-houses or so, but I said CLEARLY also RAVEN (Empath), Conner (Powerhouse with all of Supermans Powers+TTK), Miss Martian (Powerhouse with all of Martian Manhunters Powers).....

1. I didnt say how many members the team should have-you dont have a restriction like in a sports-team or so.

2. Conner (TT Conner) is one of the most powerful Superheroes around and he has TTK which makes him having even more ressources than Clark

3. You can always discuss-I would remove Aquaman and replace him with DR.FATE,CAPTAIN ATOM,MISS MARTIAN,RAVEN,SUPERBOY (TT-CONNER),WALLY,maybe even with Tempest (since Tempest has magical powers and is a powerhouse)

4. Future Tim Drake for example has proven that he is a better fighter and smarter than Bruce...

5. It also depends on what they are facing (based on brute strength and powers it would also be good to replace Batman)

If you say choose a team of 20 Super-Heroes I would choose:

JL: Shazam,Captain Atom,Firestorm, Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Zatanna, Martian Manhunter
    Titans: Tempest, Wally
    YJ: Conner, Raven, Miss Martian
    OTHERS: Lobo,Supergirl,Brainiac 5

and for the rest Green Lanterns probably...

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    The question to ask is: which group would the president call first? Unless it's the Maxwell Lord version, the JL would be #1 on the list.
    WRONG!!

it has NOTHING to do with what I said...

The question is:

If the JL gets the Call and Superman can choose 20 Superheroes from ALL TEAMS etc. WHO would he choose for an ALL-STAR Team.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    WRONG!!

it has NOTHING to do with what I said...

The question is:

If the JL gets the Call and Superman can choose 20 Superheroes from ALL TEAMS etc. WHO would he choose for an ALL-STAR Team.
    First of all, please stop shouting.

Secondly, your initial post is confusing, so I apologize if I didn't understand your point.

Lastly, if Superman (why him, BTW?) were to do this, IMO, he would pick them from his own team, since they are at their peaks. have the most experience as non-sidekick crime fighters, and he works with them on a regular basis.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?