Astonishing Member

Default Bane (Batman) vs Eric Killmonger (Black Panther)

The first battle is from the comics.

Post-Crisis Bane

vs

Eric Killmonger

Movie edition:

Bane
    vs

Killmonger (without the heart shaped herb and Panther suit)

R2: Tchalla got hodied a but by M'Baku, but Bane's strength is a bit below that. Killmonger skill was shown against Tchlla, but it's mostly through commentary we'd need to asses him. If the latter is thrown out, I'm really not sure whobis more skilled, since Bane in verse is almost as good as Bruce.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    R2: Tchalla got hodied a but by M'Baku, but Bane's strength is a bit below that. Killmonger skill was shown against Tchlla, but it's mostly through commentary we'd need to asses him. If the latter is thrown out, I'm really not sure whobis more skilled, since Bane in verse is almost as good as Bruce.
    T'challa was shown to be more skilled than Killmonger in their first fight. He only lost because of psychological reasons (he was shaken by what he'd learned about his father and he didn't want to kill his long-lost cousin).

Bane straight-up defeated Batman in their first bout and only lost the rematch because Batman had learned about his weak point.

Good fight but I think Bane takes it. In comics Bane wins too as he's powerful enough to contend and much smarter.

Off-topic but does anyone else think movie Killmonger is a letdown compared to his comic self? I understand changes are necessary because of budget and such, but in the comics Killmonger had a posse of super-powered followers, mutants, mystic powers and dinosaurs. Wouldn't that have been a much better movie, even if it would need to be animated?