View Poll Results: Should the Outsiders be independent or Bat-associated

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Independent

42 59.15%
  • It's a bat-team

29 40.85%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I haven't read it, but isn't it literally called Batman and the Outsiders, or something like that? Plus it has Cass and Duke, who are part of the Bat-family, in it.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    well, considering this was a discussion about the Outsiders place in the DC universe and it's been relegated to the Batman section, looks like I have the mods' answer.
    Yes, maybe make this poll again in the DC forum and see what happens? I suspect placing it in a Batman forum may skew it in favor of Batman, for obvious reasons.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    I haven't read it, but isn't it literally called Batman and the Outsiders, or something like that? Plus it has Cass and Duke, who are part of the Bat-family, in it.

Yes, maybe make this poll again in the DC forum and see what happens? I suspect placing it in a Batman forum may skew it in favor of Batman, for obvious reasons.
    Not sure, but I think it was. The moderators apparently moved it, assuming it was specifically about and intended to be about Batman.

Oh, didn't realise it was moved, it doesn't say anything in the original post that it was moved. Okay then.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bat-Meal View Post
    Oh, didn't realise it was moved, it doesn't say anything in the original post that it was moved. Okay then.
    lemonpeace didn't realize it had happened when it did. He did make a post remarking about it later in the thread though.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    well, considering this was a discussion about the Outsiders place in the DC universe and it's been relegated to the Batman section, looks like I have the mods' answer.
    To be c!ear, lemonpeace didn't request that it be moved. The moderators made their own assumptions and moved it on their own. lemonpeace had no say, and no knowledge that it was moved until he noticed after the fact.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 07-14-2020 at 08:40 AM.

It started out as a Bat-team so people mostly see them as one. Best option is to uncouple them in a reboot- have Sarge Steel or someone else bring them together.

Its Batman's team he founded the team when he wanted to do things that fall outside the Justice League's purview
    The franchise gets derailed constantly when they take that concept and try to put it somewhere else. It just doesn't work

Altogether though it is supposed to be a group of young/old heroes who do not typically fit the JL mold not just batfamily characters since that implies they aren't good enough to be JL heroes

Astonishing Member

I liked Nightwing and The Outsiders best. I don’t think It was given much of a chance.

I see them as a Batman team.

Extraordinary Member

Hard to tell Batman founded them, but he was never an integral part of the team and they were never really an important part of the Batfranchise.

But the connection is to some degree necessary to sell the book, without it the team would have fallen into obscurity long ago.

NOTE: This thread was originally started back in July 2020.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

With 39 people having voted so far,
    * It's a bat-team = 20 votes
    * Independent = 19 votes

Perhaps Dick should lead the team.

Independent. I got introduced to the Outsiders via Roy's and Dick's team, so I only realized later that they started as a Batman team and weren't an agglomeration of heroes like the JL or the TT.

For that reason, I actually associate the Outsiders more with Roy than Bruce for quite a few years. That association might have also been reinforced by Roy being on the Outlaws, which isn't the same team, but Outsiders and Outlaws sounded pretty similar to me when I first got into comics. Thematically at least. It's both "othering".

I say keep the Bat connection. It's a Bat team whether its Batman, Dick or Tim in charge. They've tried to move the team to more independent status but it never stuck.

It's also a good place to house all the Batman Inc characters and Bat characters who can't support their own ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Perhaps Dick should lead the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Independent. I got introduced to the Outsiders via Roy's and Dick's team, so I only realized later that they started as a Batman team and weren't an agglomeration of heroes like the JL or the TT.

For that reason, I actually associate the Outsiders more with Roy than Bruce for quite a few years. That association might have also been reinforced by Roy being on the Outlaws, which isn't the same team, but Outsiders and Outlaws sounded pretty similar to me when I first got into comics. Thematically at least. It's both "othering".
    I disagree. I think having Dick and Roy on the team turned it into an edgy Titans 2.0 book and took away from whatever unique identity the Outsiders themselves could have developed. Plus, it didn't feel right to me, to have an older, more experienced character like Jeff taking orders from Nightwing.

Incredible Member

Just have Black Lightning take over leadership.