Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Independent

42 59.15%
  • It's a bat-team

29 40.85%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I disagree. I think having Dick and Roy on the team turned it into an edgy Titans 2.0 book and took away from whatever unique identity the Outsiders themselves could have developed. Plus, it didn't feel right to me, to have an older, more experienced character like Jeff taking orders from Nightwing.
    is black lightning more experienced than nighwing?

Yes, he was a fully grown adult busting heads while Dick was running around in his green panties.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Yes when Bruce founded the team Bruce, Tatsu, and Jefferson were considered the adults of the group
    Halo, Looker, etc were the younger inexperienced kids
    I think when the Outsiders debuted Dick was on the cusp of being nightwing

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Yes when Bruce founded the team Bruce, Tatsu, and Jefferson were considered the adults of the group
    Halo, Looker, etc were the younger inexperienced kids
    I think when the Outsiders debuted Dick was on the cusp of being nightwing
    Well, I don't think Looker was younger, but she was definitely less experienced in terms of being a hero.
    And Metamorpho (Rex) would definitely be more in line with Bruce, having been around longer than Tatsu and Jefferson.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Yes, he was a fully grown adult busting heads while Dick was running around in his green panties.
    Yeah, but they both started around the same time.

I think after a certain amount of experience, the exact years don't matter

Yeah but it's nebulous just how many years Dick has on Jeff. Either way, Jeff was also a teacher so he has more experience dealing with people and especially troubled kids on top of being a superhero. If Batman is not around then Jeff should be the leader.

Astonishing Member

Its good that they started with Batman, but now they can be without him and evolve or grow independently.

vol. 1 was such a great series with a lot of time for each character. I just reread the first 10 issues. There is more story and background story in these 10 issues than in a 100 of todays comics. (over exaggerating here, but you get my point)

Incredible Member

The Outsiders are in this weird nexus where Batman fans don't care about them and DC fans in general don't care about them. I'm not really even sure what to do with the property at this point, besides give it a rest for a few years.

Given how the Fox Clan has grown over the years, maybe give it to them?

You would still have the 'Bat' connection. You could get some mileage out of Jace and Jeff interacting. Lucius could be the tech guy. Of course Katana has to be there. Then you can add Metamorpho, Duke, Creeper, Cass and any other character who would fit the team.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    If you go by when the characters started, and how much crimefigting they have done and what villains they faced on panel, Dick is imo far ahead.

He is around much longer, has way more solo stories, was in more events, and the Titans imo still having a better rogues gallery than the Outsiders.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    NOTE: This thread was originally started back in July 2020.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

With 39 people having voted so far,
    * It's a bat-team = 20 votes
    * Independent = 19 votes
    A bit of a switch now.

With 53 people having voted,
    * Independent = 30 votes
    * It's a bat-team = 23 votes

Ugh please let them be independent. I really don't understand why people want Black Lightning and Katana to be Batman's flunkies. I don't like the idea of POC characters being subservient to a white dude, that chapter in life is over which is why I was on the fence about Hill's Outsider roster at first. I want The Outsiders to shine and they can't do that being tied to Batman's hip. Make them the answer to Marvel's Defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    Ugh please let them be independent. I really don't understand why people want Black Lightning and Katana to be Batman's flunkies. I don't like the idea of POC characters being subservient to a white dude, that chapter in life is over which is why I was on the fence about Hill's Outsider roster at first. I want The Outsiders to shine and they can't do that being tied to Batman's hip. Make them the answer to Marvel's Defenders.
    The benefit of being connected to Batman is . . . it's BATMAN, dammit!!!

Put "Batman" on the title and chances are it will sell better. Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    The benefit of being connected to Batman is . . . it's BATMAN, dammit!!!

Put "Batman" on the title and chances are it will sell better. Simple as that.
    Okay and? If folks want to see The Outsiders be slaves to Batman simply b/c he's the cash cow, then that's their business. If people want Batman shoved down their throats, their business. Sorry for not being sheep. I'll take an independent team rather than them being Batman's lapdogs any day.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicskull View Post
    Okay and? If folks want to see The Outsiders be slaves to Batman simply b/c he's the cash cow, then that's their business. If people want Batman shoved down their throats, their business. Sorry for not being sheep. I'll take an independent team rather than them being Batman's lapdogs any day.
    Nobody says they have to be his "lapdogs".

If they wind up being so, that's probably more of a result of bad writing.