Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default TV character played by muliple actors - and name your favorite of the actors

TV show history is full of characters who were played by more than one actor during the course of the show.

Name one of these characters, the actors that played the character, and who was your favorite. Or who is the ultimate actor in the role.

And you can include soap operas and cartoon voices as well as nighttime shows.

No offense to Xenia Seeberg, but she didn't hold a candle to Eva Habermann, playing Zev on "Lexx."
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 01-30-2022 at 05:37 PM.

While I liked Jeffrey Hunter as Captain Christopher Pike on the original Star Trek, I think Anson Mount did a better job as the character on Star Trek: Discovery.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Frank Gorshin as The Riddler was by far the best. But John Astin in the role made me want to punch a kitten.

Julie Newmar best Catwoman.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

I loved Donna Reed in many roles, but come on, Barbara Bel Geddes was THE Miss Ellie Ewing on Dallas

Peter Capaldi- 12th Doctor

Retired

As a kid, I never appreciated Frank Gorshin as the Riddler. I was much happier to see Gomez Addams in the role. Now, looking at it again, I can see what all the fuss was about. But Gorshin's Riddler always makes me think of myself (as a kid) when I needed to go to the bathroom real bad. Maybe that's why I couldn't enjoy his performance when I was a little kid--it hit too close to home.

Soap operas are full of multiple actors playing the same character. Don't get me started.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    As a kid, I never appreciated Frank Gorshin as the Riddler. I was much happier to see Gomez Addams in the role. Now, looking at it again, I can see what all the fuss was about. But Gorshin's Riddler always makes me think of myself (as a kid) when I needed to go to the bathroom real bad. Maybe that's why I couldn't enjoy his performance when I was a little kid--it hit too close to home.

Soap operas are full of multiple actors playing the same character. Don't get me started.
    I think for the zaniness of the tone of the show and even some of the light hearted comics of the day Gorshin did very well to relate that. But I dont like any of his other comedy work at all. Astin to me just did not feel right. he did not have the magic he had in Adams Family. He came off as stiff to me. Jim C did alright with The Riddler played him very over the top and I think of Batman Forever as a high budget Batman 66 Movie.

But I really want to see The Batman movie with a serious and Dark Riddler. The Riddler is such an under rated villain. It bugs me that the big screen or really even small screen has never shown him as smart and dangerous as he truly is.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astin is a fun actor. But everyone on Batman was kind of over the top hammed it up, was cheesy. From Batman to The Joker Penguin, Louie the Lilac, King Tut, Book Worm. Just goofy and Zany. And Astin I just dont think he got the tone of the show. He didnt play his Riddler up like that. It was hammy acting to be sure but his acting just did not fit the tone of the zaniness and over the top color that Batman nailed. A couple people were like that.

Rino Romano played a good young Bruce Wayne in the Batman (2005).

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I think for the zaniness of the tone of the show and even some of the light hearted comics of the day Gorshin did very well to relate that. But I dont like any of his other comedy work at all. Astin to me just did not feel right. he did not have the magic he had in Adams Family. He came off as stiff to me. Jim C did alright with The Riddler played him very over the top and I think of Batman Forever as a high budget Batman 66 Movie.

But I really want to see The Batman movie with a serious and Dark Riddler. The Riddler is such an under rated villain. It bugs me that the big screen or really even small screen has never shown him as smart and dangerous as he truly is.
    I think Cory Michael Smith did a good job as Edward Nygma, the Riddler, on Gotham. He was both smart and dangerous.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I think Cory Michael Smith did a good job as Edward Nygma, the Riddler, on Gotham. He was both smart and dangerous.
    Yes he did an amazing job as The Riddler. I will agree with this. To be honest that show was pretty forgettable to me so I tend to over look that version of Nygma which I will admit is a disservice to him on my part.

Astonishing Member

Clancy Brown as the best Luthor. True he was a voice, but the animated character was the best representation over the movie versions. Cryer was ok also. The rest stunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Clancy Brown as the best Luthor. True he was a voice, but the animated character was the best representation over the movie versions. Cryer was ok also. The rest stunk.
    I will die on the hill saying Jon Cryer was the best live-action Lex Luthor. But whenever I read Lex, in books or in comics, I hear Clancy Brown's voice and I see that Telly Savalas-looking animated character.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Cory Michael Smith is my favorite Riddler. I thought he played the role to perfection and he made Ed feel like a menacing threat once he made his descend into villainy. He was also very good in the occasional moments of him being a good guy as well.