Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
I don't like the poor plotting and lack of attention to his prior events. Both of those things leads to murky character motivations. As a result, I have no personal investment in seeing how any of his plots turn out, because he often ignores what he's had characters say and do in prior issues. For example, during "AvX", Magneto was clearly not in possession of the Phoenix Force and fought against the Phoenix 5, yet his powers ended up broken, despite Bendis saying in prior issues that only the holders of the Phoenix Force had their powers broken. Then when he tried to clarify, the explanation made no sense. As a result, the "broken powers" storyline just doesn't have any internal consistency with prior storylines.

Seems to me that he likes to write grounded storylines which at first seems decent but it gets too repetitive and becomes pointless at one point. He spends most of his time making characters do things he wants for the sake of the plot without it making any sense in the grand scheme of things. I've rarely read the cast seem as insipid or mean as he's managed to write them.
OMG the Magneto thing was so stupid!

The broken powers storyline could have been very interesting but he forgot about it lol. He introduced Emma broadcasting her own thoughts out which could have been used for some nice stuff or character arcs for her -> solved off panel. The rest was Dark Beast, wasn't it? I can't remember. But it was still anticlimatic.