View Poll Results: Who is better X-Men Writer?

Voters
181. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hickman

158 87.29%
  • Bendis

23 12.71%
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    every other character serve as wallpapper with the same voice, 0 notion of their continuity, lore or even conections.
    100% correct boo!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    100% correct boo!
    and the gorgeous never before seen event about apocalyptic future with future time displaced x-men: battle of the atom where nothing happens besides the 05 and kitty changing sides.

oh the avengers?
    yes the avengers?
    THE avengers?
    yeah, they avenge
    yeah those avengers that avenge.

omg scott your brother avenges?
    yeah my brother avenges he's an avenger, cool right.
    yeah, super cool.
    yeah

Such dialogue, such pacing that it took mystique over 4 issues to achieve nothing at all.

We got a lot of great dialogue during that era u.u

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post

We got a lot of great dialogue during that era u.u
    Tyke's face is perfect for that dialogue.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

What I know and read of Bendis' X-Men (gay Iceman, TO5, shady Beast) bored me.
    Everything HiX-Man has orchestrated since HoX 01 has excited me.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

and the gorgeous never before seen event about apocalyptic future with future time displaced x-men: battle of the atom where nothing happens besides the 05 and kitty changing sides.
    ugh why are you making me remember all this?? lolol that event was horrid.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

A lot of people like to talk about Hickman’s X-Men as OOC, but do you remember how Bendis wrote the X-Men at the Jean Grey School? They were incredibly irrational, judgemental, and all around the worst (he did my girl Storm especially dirty).

Also, even though Teen Jean got “developed” she still ended the run by OUTING someone. It makes me sick that a writer in 2015 thought that it would be cute for a straight white girl to out and embarrass her friend and then gets props for it.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

I think outing Iceman in theory is a pretty solid idea and actually poises him to be able to provide some diversity to other media adaptations (provided Disney does more with him than the throwaway lesbian kiss we got in TROS).

The actual execution seems to have left a lot to be desired though. Especially Jean outing him. Why was Bendis good for Jean again?

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think outing Iceman in theory is a pretty solid idea and actually poises him to be able to provide some diversity to other media adaptations (provided Disney does more with him than the throwaway lesbian kiss we got in TROS).

The actual execution seems to have left a lot to be desired though. Especially Jean outing him. Why was Bendis good for Jean again?
    Jean didn't outed him, she just made him face it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    A lot of people like to talk about Hickman’s X-Men as OOC, but do you remember how Bendis wrote the X-Men at the Jean Grey School? They were incredibly irrational, judgemental, and all around the worst (he did my girl Storm especially dirty).

Also, even though Teen Jean got “developed” she still ended the run by OUTING someone. It makes me sick that a writer in 2015 thought that it would be cute for a straight white girl to out and embarrass her friend and then gets props for it.
    The X-men may have been OOC in Bendis’ run too but it was entertaining, vibrant… Fictions should give the illusion of life. Hickman’s X-men are so cold. And pompous.
    The fact that they never have looked so young doesn’t help, too… to imagine they have a lifetime behind them.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Jean didn't outed him, she just made him face it.
    Seriously??

Seriously??
    she just talked with him, she was a Teenager and just wanted to help. She kept it private

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    she just talked with him, she was a Teenager and just wanted to help. She kept it private
    She went into his head and neither young Bobby nor Old Bobby were happy with it. It was like seeing a person's browser history, finding something gay and telling them "yo you're gay I know because I invaded your privacy, now come out to everyone".

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I gave my vote to Hickman. While I think Bendis had good ideas, the execution wasn't always great, and often missed the mark. Thus far Hickman has been really delivering and has done a lot to push the franchise forward.

While I enjoyed having a version of Jean back, I honestly wasn't always thrilled with how BMB wrote the character. She was powerful and at the forefront of his story, but she often lacked a number of qualities I associate with Jean. His fondness of the character, I'm sure played a part in Marvel's approval of the adults resurrection, and I'm grateful for that, but he isn't one of Jean's better writers. However, I always thoroughly enjoyed his Kitty and Magik.

She went into his head and neither young Bobby nor Old Bobby were happy with it. It was like seeing a person's browser history, finding something gay and telling them "yo you're gay I know because I invaded your privacy, now come out to everyone".
    You’re adding to that it’s wrong to state such things: you should feel free to love who you want. And not thinking: “Jean told me I was gay, so my attraction to this woman is wrong.”
    But she was a teenager…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe