View Poll Results: Who is better X-Men Writer?

Voters
181. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hickman

158 87.29%
  • Bendis

23 12.71%
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Bendis just tried to check off a box and some people ate it up. It was a bs forced development. Aside from that keeping the O5 in the present for longer than an arc or two plus the whole reason why they were brought from tge past by Beast was ridiculous and his pacing was garbage too. His run along with Aaron's was a disgrace

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    She went into his head and neither young Bobby nor Old Bobby were happy with it. It was like seeing a person's browser history, finding something gay and telling them "yo you're gay I know because I invaded your privacy, now come out to everyone".
    She was trying to help, she should had asked before. But Bobby came as better character after that

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    The X-men may have been OOC in Bendis’ run too but it was entertaining, vibrant… Fictions should give the illusion of life. Hickman’s X-men are so cold. And pompous.
    The fact that they never have looked so young doesn’t help, too… to imagine they have a lifetime behind them.
    Hickman produced some of the most eloquent and prodigious fiction in his X-Men that Bendis cannot even dream about it. Yes, it actually a matter of opinion but the fact that people even support Bendis who wrote pedophile characters is more than just the illusion of life. It's downright abusive.
    Last edited by Vishop; 07-10-2020 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    The X-men may have been OOC in Bendis’ run too but it was entertaining, vibrant… Fictions should give the illusion of life. Hickman’s X-men are so cold. And pompous.
    The fact that they never have looked so young doesn’t help, too… to imagine they have a lifetime behind them.
    Hickman x-men could all be robots by the way they act
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-10-2020 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    She was trying to help, she should had asked before. But Bobby came as better character after that
    It's still a bad way to handle that situation.

For the people saying that Jean “helped” Bobby please watch this clip from Love, Simon. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wD5Ut1yQ-4E

No one else gets to decide when someone should come out. It doesn’t matter if Bobby waited till he was sixty years old to come out, because it would have been his choice when he was ready.

Bringing the O5 back from the past was absolutely one of the WORST ideas in the history of the X-Men and I'm including every single storyline from the 90's in that. It derailed the franchise for about 5 years, making it revolve around an all white cast with nothing to offer but rehashed nostalgia and terrible storylines.

We stan our pansexual polyamourous human-hating robots <3.

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    Bringing the O5 back from the past was absolutely one of the WORST ideas in the history of the X-Men and I'm including every single storyline from the 90's in that. It derailed the franchise for about 5 years, making it revolve around an all white cast with nothing to offer but rehashed nostalgia and terrible storylines.

PERIODT! There were all these diverse students that could be focused on yet we went back to having the milktoast 05 as our primary young characters. Honestly they should have just brought young Jean and left the rest in the past since the others were wasting space and character development.

Yes.

Bendis is a hit or miss writer it's either good or trash. And even the good blurs the lines of mediocrity, has anyone been reading his current Superman run? Throw that **** away!!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Bendis is a hit or miss writer it's either good or trash. And even the good blurs the lines of mediocrity, has anyone been reading his current Superman run? Throw that **** away!!
    He once again deleted Superman's connection to the Legion going back to his childhood and gave it to Jon instead.

It is for this reason above all else that he is a worse X-writer than Hickman for me lol. He doesn't even have to have had a bad run on X-Men for me to lean towards Hickman (who would absolutely crush it on Superman and/or Legion).

sure make it all about sex, Hickman hit with this demographic

even if it is pure queerbait and superfitial sex thing
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-10-2020 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    For the people saying that Jean “helped” Bobby please watch this clip from Love, Simon. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wD5Ut1yQ-4E

No one else gets to decide when someone should come out. It doesn’t matter if Bobby waited till he was sixty years old to come out, because it would have been his choice when he was ready.
    As much as I love Jean I can't agree more. What she did was unacceptable. Outing is a terrible, horrible, mean thing to do.
    When I was a teen I was not aware I was into dudes. I had no attraction to them, and had feelings for Girls. Well a decade later I was enjoying more men's love than I enjoyed popsicle. But I would have hated, really hated that someone would have outed me. Outing people can bring them to distress, depression, suicide...

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post

he came out with his own terms.

jean just talked with him in private and he decided when to come out. Everyone do this
    Last edited by spirit2011; 07-10-2020 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    he came out with his own terms.

jean just talked with him in private and he decided when to come out. Everyone do this
    During that conversation Bobby was literally like “maybe I’m bi” and Jean goes “no you’re not.” She took his autonomy away from him and forced him to label himself by her standards of sexuality. Old and young Bobby were uncomfortable with the whole thing and were clearly not ready.

Sorry if I derailed this thread y’all.