View Poll Results: Who is better X-Men Writer?

Voters
181. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hickman

158 87.29%
  • Bendis

23 12.71%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I'm confusion. Is the discussion is Hickman or Bendis the better Xmen writer or JEAN writer as those are two different things? It seems some are mixing the two.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

people have different metrics

They're about equal in my eyes right now. I actually liked some of Bendis run even if I don't agree with a lot of things he did, I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy it (especially Uncanny).
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    people have different metrics
    well that is true but to base writing of the entire xmen on one character doesnt seem fair. but I know these things are subjective.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Hickman of course.

But I loved Bendis' revolutionary Cyclops; I just wished he went harder - it kinda just fizzled by the end

Hickman and it isn't even close.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I'm confusion. Is the discussion is Hickman or Bendis the better Xmen writer or JEAN writer as those are two different things? It seems some are mixing the two.
    If Jean is OOC*, they all are OOC. Jean is the X-Men is Jean.

*she's not

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    If Jean is OOC*, they all are OOC. Jean is the X-Men is Jean.

*she's not
    lolol. you know the funny thing I'm sure there are some who sincerely believe this to be true.

Bendis’ X-Men is where I started reading comics so it has a fond place in my heart, but there was just so much squandered potential from that run. Cyclops and Teen Jean had decent arcs, but besides that he really didn’t capitalize on the fact that for the first time in almost a decade mutants weren’t going extinct. Instead, he made the X-Men more petty than they’ve ever been.

Hickman, at least i'm interested in seeing how it pans out, Bendis has some cool ideas, but man i was so burn out with his style.by the time i read his run that i couldn't stand it.

If we are taking about our favorites here, well i take Hickman's Wolverine over Bendis Wolverine (at least he doesn't write Logan as his Ultimate version), so far my only complain with his take is Logan sharing a beer with Gorgon, no writers is gonna make me find that belivable.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    well that is true but to base writing of the entire xmen on one character doesnt seem fair. but I know these things are subjective.
    I didn't based only on that.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

I really enjoyed Bendis on the X-Men, it's too bad a lot of people didn't like what he brought to the sandbox. The only story I struggled with was the 'Last Will and Testament of Charles Xavier', only because it was so long and did absolutely nothing. Great art, as always, and a cool intriguing story... until it ended. Then I slapped my forehead. Like, what? But at least Bendis added some of my favorite characters and stories to the X-Mythos.

Hickman has me excited, it's new and very edgy. I love the sci-fi/fantasy angle. There is so much to read and he has created a way to bring back a lot of characters. He's still building this wildly different world for his X-Men. Not better or worse than Bendis. Just a different offering. Because I have had the time to enjoy Bendis' run and fall in love with a lot of what he did, Bendis gets my vote today. Give me another year or so and I may have a different answer.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Bendis is one of the worst, so by default, I gotta go with Hickman. But neither is looking good for me right now. lol

Hickman over Bendis.

Fantastic Member

Hickman by far

Bendis is garbage