View Poll Results: Who is better X-Men Writer?

Voters
181. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hickman

158 87.29%
  • Bendis

23 12.71%
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    To me, this question feels like asking "What do you like better, getting punched in the face or kicked in the groin?"

I'd really not rather have either.
    well the second has entire amestardan tax bracket dedicated to it !

Hickman's writing make me think. It makes me wonder. It has different levels and it's like a puzzle. He gives us pieces, and we have to think through. Then, when we have the complete picture, it's an amazing picture.

Bendis is my guilty pleasure. It's like when I eat junk food. I know it's not good for me, for my health. Too much salt, too much sugar, too much of everything, and yet, at the end, it's a bit boring eating that. I don't want to eat that everyday... Yeah, Bendis X-Men was watching a soap on TV...

So I said, I chose Hickman with no hesitation.

I voted Bendis, not bc he was necessarily better but bc he's getting alot of unwarranted hate in here

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post

Hickman is definitely the better writer. He is doing such large world building and he knows the characters besides a wiki search.
    hickman characters are mostly OOC

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I’ll be saying something similar re: Hickman in a year or so.
    just wait for the end of run, Bendis was well liked on the started too

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I voted Bendis, not bc he was necessarily better but bc he's getting alot of unwarranted hate in here
    Bendis gets hate everywhere. People forget he delivered a lot of good stuff, too.

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    just wait for the end of run, Bendis was well liked on the started too
    Moving the goal posts here I see based on the poll results. Big shocker. Now it’s, “Well, most people may like Hickman more, but you won’t by the end.” LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Moving the goal posts here I see based on the poll results. Big shocker. Now it’s, “Well, most people may like Hickman more, but you won’t by the end.” LOL.
    why not? it is unfair compare a complete run, with one with less than 15 issues

BANNED

why not? it is unfair compare a complete run, with one with less than 15 issues
    battle of the atom was already happened around that timeframe, easly the worst event in x-men's history, the run was already terrible then.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Hickman reinvigorated a franchise that had no life by his out of the box thinking. His approach was a completely new take on Xmen whereas with Bendis it was the opposite. I cant recall any of his stories I read where I was blown away but when I think of that DoX issue where the xmen went on the suicide mission I was filled with emotion. Also how he has tied so much of established canon into his works goes beyond anything Bendis did with his revolutionary cyclops story of bringing the O5 to the future all of which I found to br dreadful. Therefore, I'm not surprised that Hickman is eclipsing Bendis in the poll.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

because i'm using the first 9 issue sof bendis run, the rest is comparing like it was the same thing
    hickman's run is already better at 9 issues.
    all new x-men in 9 issues nothing of actual value happens besides a training room session, a paper thin mystique plot and everyone reacting over and over again to the all new x-men.
    And just the set up for uncanny x-men.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Hickman reinvigorated a franchise that had no life by his out of the box thinking. His approach was a completely new take on Xmen whereas with Bendis it was the opposite. I cant recall any of his stories I read where I was blown away but when I think of that DoX issue where the xmen went on the suicide mission I was filled with emotion. Also how he has tied so much of established canon into his works goes beyond anything Bendis did with his revolutionary cyclops story of bringing the O5 to the future all of which I found to br dreadful. Therefore, I'm not surprised that Hickman is eclipsing Bendis in the poll.
    Preach!! Hit the nail on the head.

BANNED

bendis literaly did nothing, the only character that was factually changed and progressed, that actually DID stuff was magik

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    hickman's run is already better at 9 issues.
    all new x-men in 9 issues nothing of actual value happens besides a training room session, a paper thin mystique plot and everyone reacting over and over again to the all new x-men.
    And just the set up for uncanny x-men.
    Nah, Hickman didn't put a full story together on 9 issues, lots of one and done, no character progression

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    bendis literaly did nothing, the only character that was factually changed and progressed, that actually DID stuff was magik
    Jean Grey got quite a bit of development over the course of his run. She was not the same person she was at the end vs when he first started writing her

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Preach!! Hit the nail on the head.
    thank you beloved!! (^_^)
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!