Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Have dick come as a teen at 13 leaves at 15 to be with the titans. No jason or introduce him as red hood from the start like they did in teen titans animated or red x. No tim and just have daimian in his standard intro as well later in life to make it different from the others. Adopt cass after barbra does something similar with the bat girl persona no stephanine brown robin ever

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    One movie Bane was a smart cunning guy, but he folded like a chair when he was punched in the face really hard.

One movie Bane was the super strong imposing monster, but he was as dumb as a folding chair.

They're basically each half of a good character. Combine the two and you're good, just don't make them the henchman of a female villain again. I don't know why they keep doing that.
    Difference is Hardy's Bane wasn't actually a henchman. The militaristic tone of TDKR is a direct result of his character, It's his movie as much as The Dark Knight's was the Joker's, The revelation that he's not really the child of Ras Al Ghul (which if you're a fan of the comics Duh) doesn't change that at all.

Also He didn't fold when Batman punched him in the face, He kept on fighting when Batman broke his mask.

I'm surprised Tim hasn't been adapted as a Tv show or cartoon yet. The closest we got was Batman Beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm surprised Tim hasn't been adapted as a Tv show or cartoon yet. The closest we got was Batman Beyond.
    Why? Tim is nothing like Batman Beyond.

I'm not surprised that Tim hasn't being adapted. It isn't Batman's finest

Tim's Concept is problematic.

Bruce requiring a 13 year old to be his morality or to keep him from the losing isn't something that makes Batman look stable or seem remotely competent. It flys in the face of the image of Batman that is successful, that the audience wants and that WB pushes.

Can you see Nolan's Batman being that guy? Not even Adam West's Batman or Batfleck is that guy.
    That concept might be welcomed by some because it inflates the importance of Robin to Batman but it damaging to both.

It's also a lie.

This is all without getting into the being a replacement for a dead teen and the fact that this all without his folks not being in on the whole crime fighting side gig.

Tim's story doesn't reflect well on batman. Robin in general doesn't reflect well on Batman but Tim is the most damaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Why? Tim is nothing like Batman Beyond.

I'm not surprised that Tim hasn't being adapted. It isn't Batman's finest

Tim's Concept is problematic.

Bruce requiring a 13 year old to be his morality or to keep him from the losing isn't something that makes Batman look stable or seem remotely competent. It flys in the face of the image of Batman that is successful, that the audience wants and that WB pushes.

Can you see Nolan's Batman being that guy? Not even Adam West's Batman or Batfleck is that guy.
    That concept might be welcomed by some because it inflates the importance of Robin to Batman but it damaging to both.

It's also a lie.

This is all without getting into the being a replacement for a dead teen and the fact that this all without his folks not being in on the whole crime fighting side gig.

Tim's story doesn't reflect well on batman. Robin in general doesn't reflect well on Batman but Tim is the most damaging.
    Both Tim and Terry deal with that Spiderman archetype of living a double life and having to balance it which would be appealing in a show. Most of the other stuff you mentioned could be dropped or curtailed since it would be a loose adaptation anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Both Tim and Terry deal with that Spiderman archetype of living a double life and having to balance it which would be appealing in a show. Most of the other stuff you mentioned could be dropped or curtailed since it would be a loose adaptation anyway.
    I get you now. If the idea is a show about a relatable Spiderman archetype Robin living a double life and having to balance it then why not go with the one who did it first. Carrie Kelly.

That became a very traditional archetype in general. If I had to guess why we haven’t seen more adapted with Tim, is because he doesn’t particularly bring anything different or unique to that archetype that they can’t or haven’t been said with others.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-20-2020 at 12:01 PM.

Fantastic Member

I get you now. If the idea is a show about a relatable Spiderman archetype Robin living a double life and having to balance it then why not go with the one who did it first. Carrie Kelly.
    Because we don't really see her civilian life. It doesn't exactly count.

I didn't know that because i never read Dark Knight Returns. She's an option if people want to explore her more. I liked Beware the Batman's use of Katana and Telltale pushing Tiffany forward.

Duke and Luke are also options. My dark horse pick would be Anarky just because i liked the idea of him as an ex-robin. I think one of the writers wanted him to be the next Robin before Tim was created.

Fantastic Member

I love how most media adaptions treat the Batman family. There's never really more than 5 members at a time. I especially like how there's usually only two Robins max: Dick and a replacement when he becomes Nightwing. That's all you really need.

If anything the Titans are being disrespected, there is no reason to have 4 bat characters in a Titans show.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheBatman View Post
    I love how most media adaptions treat the Batman family. There's never really more than 5 members at a time. I especially like how there's usually only two Robins max: Dick and a replacement when he becomes Nightwing. That's all you really need.
    Exactly, the Batfamily is too big now, and you have too many characters with similar roles. It would be one thing if you had diverse roles, but Batgirl and Spoiler fill the same role narrative-wise. That's why I think the late 90's was the best time for the Batfamily. You had a good solid cast size but it wasn't bloated like today. Sometimes people need to realize that Adding characters means thet their is often less space to give individual characters depth.
    Last edited by mathew101281; 07-21-2020 at 06:55 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheBatman View Post
    It's more economical this way.

The DCAU batman never went beyond 4: Bruce, Dick, Babs and Tim. I wouldn't say the narrative called for more than that, it was pretty well balanced as it was and it would be bloated if if it was similar to what we have now. I'd love some Bat-Family in the movies, but it would need to be streamlined like this to work.

The books were able to handle a more expanded Batfamily well because characters got to actually grow up and get into new roles. You didn't have to worry about Barbara as Batgirl because she was Oracle so that let Cass step in and tell her story, Tim was Robin while Jason was dead and Dick was Nightwing, and even when Jason came back it was in such a different way that he could play an entirely different role.

The more independent or tertiary members spread out from each character's individual stories.

The DCAU Batman was never serialized enough to accommodate the Batfamily the way the comics did in my opinion.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It's more economical this way.

The DCAU batman never went beyond 4: Bruce, Dick, Babs and Tim. I wouldn't say the narrative called for more than that, it was pretty well balanced as it was and it would be bloated if if it was similar to what we have now. I'd love some Bat-Family in the movies, but it would need to be streamlined like this to work.
    But Tim's origin heavily related to Jason. Is it okay to have Tim without including Jason? Or he just exist on narrative, like 'oh yeah there's robin before Tim, named Jason, but he's dead'?