Amazing Member

Default Red Hood: Outlaw #47 Preview/ Discussion (Spoiler)

Red Hood: Outlaw #47

Source: https://aiptcomics.com/2020/07/24/dc...hood-outlaw-7/

Summary: The Chamber of All has been excavated by the Untitled in Qurac, which means it’s up to Red Hood, Artemis, Bizarro and Essence to prevent an unspeakable horror from wiping out all of humanity once and for all. Sounds like a tall order for the Outlaws? Don’t worry, they get help from the most unexpected (and misunderstood) super-team of all time: Red Hood and the Outlaws! All this, plus Ma Gunn learns the tragic reason Monsieur Mallah and the Brain want to teach the students of Generation Outlaw.
    Out of all the Robins, Jason Todd is my favourite

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

That is an amazing callback

That little pause when Jason introduces Artemis.

But yeah, this looks to be an interesting chapter. Even Artemis, as experienced as she is, will be out of her depth with this. Only Jason and Essence will know how to deal with this crazy world. And Major Glory... Good guy, but after this mission, maybe look into retirement? lol

Since the N52 Outlaws come from issue 3 of the previous run, we can discard the theory they will sacrifice themselves to stop Trigon and the Untitled.

Fun issue, but again, it felt like it went by too fast, with some of th emost promising plot points being solved already, was this Lobdell's original plan? Was it derailed to make space for the Joker War Tie in (That at this point I'm convinced it won't fit the ongoing narrative and will stuck like a sore thumb)? Oh well, I hope the N52 Outlaws get to have a more prominent role in issue 49.

Ah, it was too fast paced, yes. But honestly? I liked it a lot more than the last two issues. I liked it a lot, in fact. It made me smile. I guess it could've been way better paced if they had given the story more time to build that emotional tension and drama. These last 4 issues could've run better through 6 issues instead. But events and what's not, this is the book's end we've got. I have to say, too: the colourist has pulled some great work in this issue. It makes the art shine.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 07-28-2020 at 01:46 PM.

It was good. And it will be interesting to see where it goes with the two groups meeting up like that.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I honestly have no idea how the Joker War tie-in can follow up the events of this issue in any way that makes sense.

So far this arc is giving me (more or less) just about everything I’ve wanted from RH&TO and I wish it got some more time to breathe & flesh things out.

With that said, I did still enjoy the issue. I do wonder if the Artemis-Jason tease is just that or if it’s something that’ll be paid off on within the next few issues.
    Last edited by Arsenal; 07-28-2020 at 02:16 PM.

A good solid issue. Things were a bit quick to develop, still, I liked the story.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."