Eversince the Nu52 started we've seen much more from the Gods than before. They're used outside her title more often too, however is this a positive or a negative?

In current storylines the Gods are more often than not used as canon fodder for different character to show how powerful they are. This is mostly thanks to Snyder's use of them in his JL and METAL runs. Batman kills Ares with his helmet and takes his power in the Merciless (ignoring that Ares apparently needs a helm that multiplies his power by 100), he also fights all the gods and destroys Olympus. Cheetah "kills" Poseidon in JL, Poseidon goes to a god version of the underworld (immortal gods die too, apparently), then he's chained by cheetah and forced to do her biding. Zeus gets his butt handed to him by a much weaker version of Darkseid. Cheetah "kills" Aphrodite. Ares gets wiped around by Wonder Woman and "DARK" Shazam. I could go on but, its just sad.

These are beings that 1) Give both SHAZAM and Wonder Woman, Wonder girl, and Donna their powers and 2) are DC's equivalent to MARVEL's Norse Gods. I am tired of seeing characters that are apart of Diana's mythos get stomped and beaten in the most unflattering ways. These are beings that control aspects of the multiverse and massive threats in the Wondermythos. I feel like they should be treated with some more respect.

So, I posted some of the Gods' respect thread. Take a look for yourselves. I believe this is a major downgrade and not only makes the Gods look bad, but also makes Diana look bad.

How do you feel about the Gods in DC currently and before the Nu52 changes?