written by MARIKO TAMAKI
    art by STEVE PUGH
    cover by DAVID MARQUEZ
    card stock variant cover by JOSHUA MIDDLETON
    Wonder Woman 1984 variant cover by ADAM HUGHES
    ON SALE 10/13/20
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVER $4.99 US
    Wonder Woman and Max Lord are on the hunt for some missing and extremely dangerous weaponry from Lord Industries, and the search has brought this unlikely duo to…Miami? Fun in the sun will have to wait—because if Diana and Max can't uncover this illegal arms trade, the entire city could be blown sky high! But we're sure Max Lord will be nothing but helpful…right?

WONDER WOMAN #765
    written by MARIKO TAMAKI
    art by STEVE PUGH
    cover by DAVID MARQUEZ
    card stock variant cover by JOSHUA MIDDLETON
    Wonder Woman 1984 variant cover featuring MOVIE POSTER ART
    ON SALE 10/27/20
    CARD STOCK VARIANT COVERS $4.99 US
    The invisible jet is going down—look out below! On a mission to the heart of super-villain-occupied Zandia, Wonder Woman is stopped dead in her tracks by a turf war that's turning deadlier by the minute. After a heated consult with the Justice League, Diana finds herself on her own with the supposedly reformed Max Lord to complete her mission—and to make matters worse, each side is using Lord Industries' stolen tech to turn their forces into mind-warping super-armies! Who shot down Diana's stealthy ride? The answer will make you dizzy...

WONDER WOMAN 1984 #1
    written by ANNA OBROPTA, LOUISE SIMONSON, and STEVE PUGH
    art by BRET BLEVINS and MARGUERITE SAUVAGE
    cover by NICOLA SCOTT
    Rooster Teeth variant cover by ROBIN EISENBERG
    ONE-SHOT | ON SALE 9/29/20
    In these tales that tie in to the upcoming Warner Bros. movie Wonder Woman 1984, when a failed burglary attempt causes a hostage situation at the Smithsonian Museum of Natural History, Diana Prince is forced to leave her teenage tour group behind so that Wonder Woman can save the day! But will Wonder Woman be able to bring 10 gunmen to justice and get back to her tour group in time? And in a second story, it's the eighties, and greed is good—as long as you already have it all! Wonder Woman and Steve Trevor hunt down the reckless mastermind who makes the ultimate power move by stealing Diana's golden lasso!

WONDER WOMEN OF HISTORY TP
    written by VITA AYALA, CECIL CASTELLUCCI, AMANDA DEIBERT, SARA FARIZAN, KAMI GARCIA, SARAH KUHN, MARIEKE NIJKAMP, EMILY X.R. PAN, TRACI SORELL, LILAH STURGES, and others
    art by NATASHA DONOVAN, CARINA GUEVARA, NICOLE GOUX, IGZELL, ROBYN SMITH, O'NEILLJONES, CAT STAGGS, LYNNE YOSHII, and others
    portraits by COLLEEN DORAN, AGNES GARBOWSKA, WESHOYOT ALVITRE, and more
    cover by TK TK
    ON SALE 12/1/20
    $16.99 US | 208 PAGES | 6" x 9" | FC
    ISBN: 978-1-77950-378-7
    Not all heroes wear capes! Wonder Woman has been an inspiration for decades, and while not everyone would choose her star-spangled outfit for themselves, her compassion and fairness are worthy of emulation. This book presents tales of the real-world heroes who take up Diana's mantle and work in the fields of science, sports, activism, diplomacy, and more!
    New York Times bestselling author Laurie Halse Anderson brings together an all-star cast of authors and illustrators in this anthology of contemporary Wonder Women—and how they've changed our world.

JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK #27
    written by RAM V
    art by AMANCAY NAHUELPAN
    cover by YANICK PAQUETTE
    variant cover by KAEL NGU
    ON SALE 10/27/20
    Welcome to the Other Place, where the Upside-Down Man rules without equal, and where all the odds are bleakly stacked in his favor. Wonder Woman will tap into the darkest recesses of power, but can she control it? What sleight of mind will Zatanna reveal to her greatest villain, and what sacrifice (or three!) must be made? This issue features a battle so costly that the team's roster will be forever changed.

YOUNG JUSTICE #19
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS and DAVID F. WALKER
    art by SCOTT GODLEWSKI
    cover by JOHN TIMMS
    variant cover by DARKO LaFUENTE
    ON SALE 10/6/20
    Wonder Girl calls Young Justice together to help her with a family problem. Seems the pantheon of Greek gods is having a hard time with some of Cassie's choices. She's taking a stand to change rules as old as the heavens! And she is going to need her team by her side to do it.

Seems like some of Tamaki's issues might be done-in-ones, which I'd be all for.

I'm not sure how I feel about a Diana and Max Lord team-up (Lord wanting to redeem himself? I don't buy it).

I hope she's involved in the new YJ arc since it focuses on Cassie and the Gods. Although I'm kind of worried about Bendis writing the pantheon and Diana is probably the member of the Trinity he least knows how to write.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

More Max Lord and no Historia yet.

Gonna pass on this month yet again

Will we wind up with a Steve-Max-Diana sandwi-ii...I mean triangle, ..of course? A rivalry for Diana's favor?! Stay tuned to Miami WZUS!

I think that's Cyborgirl (here) on the cover of WONDER WOMAN #765, ..but, could it be a NEW Doctor Cyber?

What's missing from a fun story, like this? That'd be Etta Candy, in ANY form. Yet another writer hasn't figured out that the path to imbuing Diana, with the sort of human warmth that Lynda Carter gave the TV show, ..is Diana's friendship, with Etta--not beach-blanket bingo, with Maxwell Lord.

Last edited by Mel Dyer; 07-17-2020 at 12:04 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    More Max Lord and no Historia yet.

Gonna pass on this month yet again
    Yeah, that's the first thing I search when these solicitations come out these past few months. So disappointing still no word on it from DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    What's missing from a fun story, like this? That'd be Etta Candy, in ANY form. Yet another writer hasn't figured out that the path to imbuing Diana, with the sort of human warmth that Lynda Carter gave the TV show, ..is Diana's friendship, with Etta--not beach-blanket bingo, with Maxwell Lord.
    Sadly, the fastest way to make a character non-funny is to put them in a uniform (unless they're Beetle Bailey). And it's not only Etta that has had her funny bone removed—that's true for Diana as well. How often does she crack a joke nowadays?
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Wow that variant from Middleton is beatiful !

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Max Lord as a good guy while a movie is portraying him as evil comes out is a bit funny.

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Sadly, the fastest way to make a character non-funny is to put them in a uniform (unless they're Beetle Bailey). And it's not only Etta that has had her funny bone removed—that's true for Diana as well. How often does she crack a joke nowadays?
    Depends on the writer.

Although there's no parallel, I would be fine with restoring Max to what he was before Infinite Crisis. Is WW the place to do it? Classically, no. But it is what it is, there's a recent history there now.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Max Lord as a good guy while a movie is portraying him as evil comes out is a bit funny.
    I'm guessing this is his redemption arc, though Tamaki might be setting him up as a rival or(I hope not) love interest for Diana.

Eh not really feeling the Max Lord focus but I guess it was either him or Cheetah.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I really hope DC isn't trying to replace Steve Trevor with Max Lord as Diana's love interest. I'm going to give the new run a shot but nothing beyond Janin's art excites me so far.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Incredible Member

The invisible jet is going down—look out below! On a mission to the heart of super-villain-occupied Zandia, Wonder Woman is stopped dead in her tracks by a turf war that's turning deadlier by the minute. After a heated consult with the Justice League, Diana finds herself on her own with the supposedly reformed Max Lord to complete her mission—and to make matters worse, each side is using Lord Industries' stolen tech to turn their forces into mind-warping super-armies! Who shot down Diana's stealthy ride? The answer will make you dizzy...
    Is there a reason I'm missing why everyone is assuming Max Lord's redemption is real. The text seems to indicate that it may not be as true as Lord is indicating. I question whether D.C. would truly want to redeem Lord. Personally, I hope they don't.

Mel Dyer, I hope you're right, and that's an updated Cybogirl. She looks like a great villain, if so.