Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

I would love to see a new Brotherhood. All original. A serious threat to any super group. They are old school mutants should rule and want nothing to do with Krakoa.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I would love to see a new Brotherhood. All original. A serious threat to any super group. They are old school mutants should rule and want nothing to do with Krakoa.
    Basically, "f*** waiting the humans out, f*** bartering with human world leaders, let's just take what's rightfully ours now," right?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Basically, "f*** waiting the humans out, f*** bartering with human world leaders, let's just take what's rightfully ours now," right?
    Yes. And how do the Avengers or FF deal with them? How does Krakoa deal with them? If Krakoa moves against them do they retaliate against Krakoa? Destroy gates, target Krakoa itself and indiscriminately slaughter innocents?

If the Avengers are tasked by the U.N. to deal with them and the X-Men show up do they fight? Do the X-Men get sent away to prevent an international incident?

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

No. I am all X-Men-d out.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    To re-iterate...I am not talking about X-Men crossovers with other titles...I am talking in general about just mutants showing up in other books. Taking time to focus on Franklin Richards dealing with a mutant problem like being attacked by a Sentinel. Or Justice and Ultra Girl being used in non-X titles. Or a team of mutant criminals/terrorist that are not X-men related.

Yes. And how do the Avengers or FF deal with them? How does Krakoa deal with them? If Krakoa moves against them do they retaliate against Krakoa? Destroy gates, target Krakoa itself and indiscriminately slaughter innocents?

If the Avengers are tasked by the U.N. to deal with them and the X-Men show up do they fight? Do the X-Men get sent away to prevent an international incident?
    Those would be great moral/ethical and maybe philosophical quandaries for them to address.

To re-iterate...I am not talking about X-Men crossovers with other titles...I am talking in general about just mutants showing up in other books. Taking time to focus on Franklin Richards dealing with a mutant problem like being attacked by a Sentinel. Or Justice and Ultra Girl being used in non-X titles. Or a team of mutant criminals/terrorist that are not X-men related.
    Yeah, that could work. The idea, after all, is to have mutants have an impact on the wider MU without necessarily being synonymous with the X-Men.

Recently reading through Miles Morales's most recent run by Saladin Ahmed, I really liked that detail about mentioning an abandoned mutant containment facility for the government and the implication some of the super-powered child-slaves of the villain were mutants. I think that kind of stuff really helps making mutants feel more integrated in the greater MU. And I would certainly welcome that kind of interaction. People just, you know, acknowledging that mutants are a thing outside of the X-Men. Meeting mutants and so on and so forth. Granted, that sort of stuff is even harder these days because Krakoa effectively created a separated hub where all mutants live.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    Recently reading through Miles Morales's most recent run by Saladin Ahmed, I really liked that detail about mentioning an abandoned mutant containment facility for the government and the implication some of the super-powered child-slaves of the villain were mutants. I think that kind of stuff really helps making mutants feel more integrated in the greater MU. And I would certainly welcome that kind of interaction. People just, you know, acknowledging that mutants are a thing outside of the X-Men. Meeting mutants and so on and so forth. Granted, that sort of stuff is even harder these days because Krakoa effectively created a separated hub where all mutants live.
    The plot you just mentioned reminds me of Season 3 of Young Justice. I just finished it and thought it did a good job dealing with metahuman discrimination while integrating them in the larger universe. It shows it definitely can be done with mutants.

BANNED

I think other books should have more of a presence in the X-books, not the other way around.
    The x-books never include other people, sometimes actively turn away other heroes, and then go "Where were you?"

Nah. It should go both ways

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    I'm not but i don't want their stories or X-Characters' stories outside of the X-Books. I hope they continue to be Krakoa-ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    I think other books should have more of a presence in the X-books, not the other way around.
    The x-books never include other people, sometimes actively turn away other heroes, and then go "Where were you?"

Nah. It should go both ways
    This is why i have zero interest in X-Narrative outside the X-Books.
    Last edited by Tofali; 08-21-2020 at 03:41 AM.

BANNED

Marvel unintentionally built up another marvel universe called the x-men Universe that seems to do well on its on stand alone world concept. Let them stick to that.
    If mutants starts hanging around outside the X-Books. Mutants getting stoned, hated and feared looses the argument.

BANNED

Mutants need their own universe, the only non x-men character that is somewhat necessary and liked is brian braddock and he exists in multiple universes as captain brittain so that's easy to solve too.
    the avengers, f4, and whatever are all filler that can easly be replaced by an alt universe equivalent in this hypothetical x-men universe only.

XoS 22 chapters witout any non-x-men(except brian), evidence that the x-men dont need the rest of the marvel universe in the slightest (except brian and excalibur mythos that inheritly exist in every reality)
    Last edited by Ferro; 08-21-2020 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitou D. Kid View Post
    The plot you just mentioned reminds me of Season 3 of Young Justice. I just finished it and thought it did a good job dealing with metahuman discrimination while integrating them in the larger universe. It shows it definitely can be done with mutants.
    I remember that. While I did like Captain America mentioning that he convinced S.H.I.E.L.D. to shut it down, as it was a bridge too far to treat all mutants as potential criminals/terrorists and preemptively imprison and punish them, this also gets into an issue I've had with the nonmutant superheroes for a while. They all know by now how badly mutants are treated in the Marvel Universe, especially by the human authorities they recurrently cooperate with, so why not leverage the greater trust and respect they get from the public and those authorities to get them to stop persecuting mutants?

I mean, a speech from Captain America, who seems to be universally respected, if not admired, on most occasions, on how wrong it is to brutalize and terrorize fellow Americans, fellow human beings, just because of their genetics and how that's not much different from how the Nazis treated everyone that wasn't "pure Aryan," would go a long way toward getting the general public to reconsider its stance on mutants. Furthermore, nonmutant superheroes such as the Avengers and Fantastic Four who have cooperated with human authorities and government forces in the past could threaten to withdraw continued cooperation if those authorities and forces persist in persecuting mutants, forcing them to evaluate if it would be worth losing the resources that could be lent to them by cooperative nonmutant heroes just to satisfy their hatred and contempt of mutants. Actions like that, to me, would have gone a long way toward improving mutants' position within the larger Marvel Universe before they ended up f***ing off to Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I remember that. While I did like Captain America mentioning that he convinced S.H.I.E.L.D. to shut it down, as it was a bridge too far to treat all mutants as potential criminals/terrorists and preemptively imprison and punish them, this also gets into an issue I've had with the nonmutant superheroes for a while. They all know by now how badly mutants are treated in the Marvel Universe, especially by the human authorities they recurrently cooperate with, so why not leverage the greater trust and respect they get from the public and those authorities to get them to stop persecuting mutants?

I mean, a speech from Captain America, who seems to be universally respected, if not admired, on most occasions, on how wrong it is to brutalize and terrorize fellow Americans, fellow human beings, just because of their genetics and how that's not much different from how the Nazis treated everyone that wasn't "pure Aryan," would go a long way toward getting the general public to reconsider its stance on mutants. Furthermore, nonmutant superheroes such as the Avengers and Fantastic Four who have cooperated with human authorities and government forces in the past could threaten to withdraw continued cooperation if those authorities and forces persist in persecuting mutants, forcing them to evaluate if it would be worth losing the resources that could be lent to them by cooperative nonmutant heroes just to satisfy their hatred and contempt of mutants. Actions like that, to me, would have gone a long way toward improving mutants' position within the larger Marvel Universe before they ended up f***ing off to Krakoa.
    That was basically the point of the Uncanny Avengers. He created that Avengers team literally as the living embodiment of Xaviers dream of human and mutant co-existance.

But we all know that anything anyone does, be it Steve or Xavier, will fail for the simple reason that marvel doesn't want mutant position to improve. The X-Mens entire existance is fuelled by that conflict.

And even from an in-story perspective, we can't completely over-estimate Caps ability to influence the government or public. See Civil War.
    Last edited by XPac; 08-21-2020 at 05:22 PM.

Astonishing Member

Not to mention even if Captain America did have the influence it would only be for the USA. Other Nations could still hold negative views.