Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quire is used because Morrison created him. Same for Fantomex

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Quire is used because Morrison created him. Same for Fantomex
    Or the writers just like him. There are plenty of characters created by Morrison that dont get nearly as much consistent action across multiple runs. The QQ we see today isnt even influenced much at all by how Morrison portrayed him. He's evolved alot since then and writers gravitate more towards what Aaron has done with him more than anything

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Personally...as a Black, Caribbean, Gay man...I don't care that one particular book is lacking in PoC.
    I read other books that are diverse. I don't need every single book on the shelf, every book I read to trumpet diversity and representation.
    I just need them to tell good interesting stories with great art.
    Well maybe you are ok with your literature being white centric but its obviously the not case for rest of us who are also Black or Brown or Asian or Latinx and/or Queer.

Mighty Member

It is aggravating to have to read and see the same thing over and over. Like we have so many interesting characters of color that could be used in X force. Frenzy, Risque, Warpath, Jet stream, Afro puffs Locus, Hijack, Triage, Creep, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Or the writers just like him. There are plenty of characters created by Morrison that dont get nearly as much consistent action across multiple runs. The QQ we see today isnt even influenced much at all by how Morrison portrayed him. He's evolved alot since then and writers gravitate more towards what Aaron has done with him more than anything
    I doubt Blob and Quire would get any play if created by lobdell or any other not famou writers

I doubt Blob and Quire would get any play if created by lobdell or any other not famou writers
    There is only one person that likes Glob and thats the only reason why he keeps popping up. Brisson is the one that always finds a way to use him. Multiple writers like QQ. Outside of the Cuckoos (who's ties to Emma have elevated them), you dont see Beak, Angel, Dust, No Girl, Tattoo or any of the other kids from Morrison's run get used like QQ

And like I said, none of those writers even take much inspiration from QQ. He might as well be a new character. He was dark and more sadistic under QQ. He's become a comedic goofball jerk under Aaron and its that wacky personality that we see persist. If not or Aaron, he likely wouldnt be used to the extent that he is. He reinvented the character to what we now have today
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-10-2020 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    It is aggravating to have to read and see the same thing over and over. Like we have so many interesting characters of color that could be used in X force. Frenzy, Risque, Warpath, Jet stream, Afro puffs Locus, Hijack, Triage, Creep, etc.
    Afro Puffs? Creep? Who are these mutants?

Frenzy could be cool IMO. Bet she and Logan would not get along. That would be fun.

Sadly there is still a huge lack of racial diversity and inclusion in the X-books today.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    Well maybe you are ok with your literature being white centric but its obviously the not case for rest of us who are also Black or Brown or Asian or Latinx and/or Queer.
    And if you are waiting for your comics to be PoC centric well...either X-Men now is not for you and you have a long disappointing wait or...you should really read other books besides Marvel and DC.

The X-Men have never been PoC centric...diverse yes, PoC centric not at all....unless you count Storm's solo limited series or early GenX.

Regardless...

While some resolve to be dissatisfied, disappointed and unhappy with something that they have no control over I'm going do what I've always done and find ways to enjoy to the fullest what I'm given. Because I know I have very little to no power when it comes to the management and decisions of the editorial offices.

Besides, I find my PoC centric fix in other media.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-10-2020 at 04:16 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Afro Puffs? Creep? Who are these mutants?

Frenzy could be cool IMO. Bet she and Logan would not get along. That would be fun.
    Creep is the latinx fungus and plant manipulator introduced during Storms solo book.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Maris...ra_(Earth-616)

Afro Puffs Locus was my play at the MLF mutant locus. Locus in her first incarnation was a blond mutant and it seemed they were playing that she was Yana in disguise. Then later on she was revealed to be a Black girl with afro puffs. That is why I called her Afro Puffs Locus.

http://https://comicvine.gamespot.co...es/1300-208439

First appearance

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/images/1300-1233880

Later Appearance

Mighty Member

And if you are waiting for your comics to be PoC centric well...either X-Men now is not for you and you have a long disappointing wait or...you should really read other books besides Marvel and DC.

The X-Men have never been PoC centric...diverse yes, PoC centric not at all....unless you count Storm's solo limited series or early GenX.

Regardless...

While some resolve to be dissatisfied, disappointed and unhappy with something that they have no control over I'm going do what I've always done and find ways to enjoy to the fullest what I'm given.
    Who says I dont. I read lots of books and I always have. I go out of my way to support comic book writers and artists of color. However that does not excuse the x books from not doing better. The OP has a right to be frustrated and to want the Xmen to be better than it was in 196s. Fans have a right to demand more from all of these companies esp ones that say they are progressive.

Not much asian males. They never cared much about Sunfire. And once they tried to team up the X-Men with a kind of kung fu* character. It was such a cliché. A cliché that couldn't mix well with yellow and blue spandex... After that, I never brought the subject before, because I don't mind that much.

*As a mixed asian male myself, I m obviously those words in a racist way

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

You can "demand" whatever you want as vociferously as you want, it does not guarantee they will listen.
    And if and when they do listen...chances are it's never going to be exactly what you asked for...so you still end up disappointed.

*case in point...that "Safespace and Co." book they were advertising...that would have been PoC centric...would you have bought and supported that book? Be honest. I sure as hell would never buy into that obvious rot.

The X-upside is CoTA is still on the board so...I hope it's everything you all wish and hope for.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

You can "demand" whatever you want as vociferously as you want, it does not guarantee they will listen.
    And if and when they do listen...chances are it's never going to be exactly what you asked for...so you still end up disappointed.

*case in point...that "Safespace and Co." book they were advertising...that would have been PoC centric...would you have bought and supported that book? Be honest. I sure as hell would never buy into that obvious rot.

The X-upside is CoTA is still on the board so...I hope it's everything you all wish and hope for.
    That was a misfire. Really seemed like they were mocking people who want diverse heroes

That was a misfire. Really seemed like they were mocking people who want diverse heroes
    It kind of did seem that way. A bit tone deaf imho.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.