Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    For example: Keep Domino, add Cable, Bedlam and Frenzy (replacing Logan, Quire and Colossus) to the field team; then keep Beast, Black Tom and Forge and add Kwannon and Trinary (replacing Jean and Sage). So of the nine cast members, five are now diverse. Well, Forge already was. But still. Big swing. And still feels like an X-Force team. I’d buy it.
    I like that line up, for the most part (Frenzy! Bedlam! I'd ditch Cable for Bishop, but that's just me, I've never liked Cable, and Trinary for just about anyone more interesting, say, Monet, Moonstar or Risque).

Kwannon and Domino on the same team would intrigue me. They flirt with the same niche (as does Sage, more or less), but haven't really gotten to interact much.

And yeah, if the forty plus year old white dudes are 'big names' and everybody-not-a-white-dude are 'randos,' I'll take 'randos' every time.

if we're talking about bringing back previous members of X-force (and persons of color) and I'd actually like to see a return of The Spike from the X-staticx version of the team.

The guy was racists, homophobic, and pretty much hated everyone.
    The fact that he was so unlikable makes me want to see how he'd function in a slightly more traditional super team.

Dude biiiig Thanks to whoever cleaned up the rant-ish Title to the thread lol my bad

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    if we're talking about bringing back previous members of X-force (and persons of color) and I'd actually like to see a return of The Spike from the X-staticx version of the team.

The guy was racists, homophobic, and pretty much hated everyone.
    The fact that he was so unlikable makes me want to see how he'd function in a slightly more traditional super team.
    Yes this is the kinda character that'll open Sooo many doors for other minority characters???
    Last edited by BroHomo; 07-12-2020 at 03:43 PM.
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I like that line up, for the most part (Frenzy! Bedlam! I'd ditch Cable for Bishop, but that's just me, I've never liked Cable, and Trinary for just about anyone more interesting, say, Monet, Moonstar or Risque).

Kwannon and Domino on the same team would intrigue me. They flirt with the same niche (as does Sage, more or less), but haven't really gotten to interact much.

And yeah, if the forty plus year old white dudes are 'big names' and everybody-not-a-white-dude are 'randos,' I'll take 'randos' every time.
    I only need one 40 year old white dude. Give me Logan or Nathan and I’m there. This is X-Force after all. The rest of the cast can be whoever honestly. I’m easy. And honest.

But swap Kwannon/Psylocke for Quire and Bishop for Colossus and that would be one hell of a field team IMO. Logan, Domino, Psylocke and Bishop? Hell yeah.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 07-12-2020 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post

Yes this is the kinda character that'll open Sooo many doors for other minority characters???
    He's the type of guy that makes everyone else look good by comparison. They can literally point and go "We're not this guy. This is not how we act." He's almost a mini-villain in the book.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Oh I agree with this. I'd keep Logan, Kwannon, and maybe even Scott in X-Force for recognizability. I think pretty much every X-concept can be anchored by an A-List character so we can see 'fresher' takes on the lineups without depending on shot-in-the-dark successes.

Logan
    Psylocke (Kwannon)
    Cyclops
    Sinister
    Frenzy
    Warpath
    Risque

would be my choice at the moment lol.
    I believe adding established x-force characters that have already featured in X-Force(the ones which are bolded) kinda meltdowns the moral ambiguity of the team. I think the addition of Jean was the highlight of the X-Force because she was never being tested to her limits.

Adding deeply morally grey authority characters to the team like Magneto or Havok into the team might also be cool. Still adding popular characters is need for a team like X-Force to established.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    He's the type of guy that makes everyone else look good by comparison. They can literally point and go "We're not this guy. This is not how we act." He's almost a mini-villain in the book.
    The very, very, very, Very last thing we need rn is a Black character that other characters treat with a “we’re not like him” attitude.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    The very, very, very, Very last thing we need rn is a Black character that other characters treat with a “we’re not like him” attitude.....
    lol I know right?!?? I thought I was trippin at first lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Oh I agree with this. I'd keep Logan, Kwannon, and maybe even Scott in X-Force for recognizability. I think pretty much every X-concept can be anchored by an A-List character so we can see 'fresher' takes on the lineups without depending on shot-in-the-dark successes.

Logan
    Psylocke (Kwannon)
    Cyclops
    Sinister
    Frenzy
    Warpath
    Risque

would be my choice at the moment lol.
    I think you should consider already QC is looked at with suspicion so to put almost everyone not on the QC as the autonomous dark ops group answerable to the QC would paint a dark picture indeed.It would be like Logan,Scott,Kwannon are all doing the QC's bidding.

Many fans would be up in arms.So the solution is mix it up.QC is not unanimous or a monolithic body at a bare minimum Logan can represent the Jean's and Storms,Elixir can represent the Five,Polaris can represent Magneto and Xavier,Frenzy represents Exodus ,Random represents Sinister,Shinobi Shaw represents Shaw and Emma.You even include Mystique as their field boss for the drama.That would be balanced and a good mix of new and old characters.

I think to keep the same lineup over and over while good for nostalgia doesn't work well in Hickman's storyline

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Seems like this discussion is a waste of time considering the quality of the book comes from the creative team rather the diversity of the cast.

The more diverse books like Excalibur and New Mutants are hot messes based on how much people moan about it.
    "Cable was right!"

I think maybe that’s the point, in that people would love to see some diverse characters in a more high quality book like this one rather than where they are currently. If I could grab one POC character for this book aside from Forge, who is kind of a supporting cast member, it would probably be Bishop. Or Sunspot. Either could replace Colossus pretty easily.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I would probably kick Quire for Monet (worked with Domino before; sexier than QQ).
    "Cable was right!"

Good choice. Didn’t think about that. And I’m sure she would also grate on Wolverine’s nerves just as much with similar “I’m smarter than you, you dumb Neanderthal” comments. So it would be an almost seamless switch, save for the fact that M is more than just a telepath and thus would be much more useful in the field than Quire.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Seems like this discussion is a waste of time considering the quality of the book comes from the creative team rather the diversity of the cast.

The more diverse books like Excalibur and New Mutants are hot messes based on how much people moan about it.
    I think the complaint is for a book with a m ajority white cast-the writing is never an issue. because it is good enough to stand on it's own.

The gripe is where is this qaulity writing when the cast has POC in it.

Folks are going to pay attetnion to that because we have so few POC doing more than background duty in books at the big two.

Meanwhile you go outside the big two places like Vault (where diveristy is REQUIRED in all books), Boom and Image have no issue doing it.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I would probably kick Quire for Monet (worked with Domino before; sexier than QQ).
    Same here...going by his most recent tirade...ugh! And if Jean is really is leaving.

Which underscores your other point/post.

And yes, the onus is clearly on the creative team and specifically the writers' choices. How well/comfortable would a writer be with a characters not necessarily of his firs selection?
    I got the sense that in the DoX meetings, the various creatives initially got to pick and choose which characters they wanted based on the stories they wanted to tell.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-13-2020 at 08:25 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!