Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    This could be explained by the resurrection protocol. We know the memories are being altered via Domino, the rest is explained by cloning. Question is, why would Xavier do that? Make him more dangerous and to have a smoother integration with Krakoa?
    Nah, Quentin was changed almost immediately after Morrison, long, long before Krakoa and the resurrections. If anything, when he talks in this latest issue about editing the other X-Men's minds to turn them into loyal slaves (much as he once used telepathy and drugs to incite a riot), he's acting more like the old Morrison-era QQ than the woobie he's been in the interim.

Still, he got killed. Again. Despite having, and forgetting to use, *a telekinetic force field.* That's why this sort of thing doesn't happen to Jean. She's not too busy talking crap about the others to spend an action putting up her defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    She’s Turkish or Romanian
    Actually, if you expect the most obvious cases, there is a wide range of colors and that someone considers himself in a category rather than another is largely a cultural thing and it is done by comparison.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Manifold is also a very nice idea and Hickman loves him so he should totally get on Krakoa. He's also had experience under Nick Fury so he knows his spy stuff.
    Hickman created him. Coates' Black Panther run is ending soon so maybe Manifold will have a role in the X-books after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    After that fiasco, the three flunkies who were *less* involved in the riot went to jail for it, and Quentin and Glob? Nothing.
    Glob was punished along with the others. He served his sentence and didn't appear again for about 5 years after the Omega Gang storyline.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    This could be explained by the resurrection protocol. We know the memories are being altered via Domino, the rest is explained by cloning. Question is, why would Xavier do that? Make him more dangerous and to have a smoother integration with Krakoa?
    Y'all are forgetting this is an in house multiverse,whatever he did may have happened in life 4 or 5 or 8 but in life 10 he may not have done any of that!

I'm a bit miffed at which Morrison characters got a continued spotlight. I don't even hate QQ and Glob like the rest of this forum, but he introduced a ton of PoC and they're hardly used.

We couldn't have revamped Angel, Tattoo, Slick, or Radian too? Oh that's right they were ***all*** depowered LOL.

I actively dislike X-Force's lineup. It *is* exclusively white but I also don't care about anyone that isn't already featured in another title.

X-Force should've been Kwannon's vehicle.

Kwannon
    Logan

+Warpath
    +Frenzy
    +Mercury
    +Moonstar
    +Marrow
    +Risque
    +Bedlam
    +Cecilia Reyes
    +Karma
    +Bishop
    +Manifold
    +Xorn
    +Cipher
    +Trinary
    +Monet
    +Surge
    +Daken
    +Prodigy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I'm a bit miffed at which Morrison characters got a continued spotlight. I don't even hate QQ and Glob like the rest of this forum, but he introduced a ton of PoC and they're hardly used.

We couldn't have revamped Angel, Tattoo, Slick, or Radian too? Oh that's right they were ***all*** depowered LOL.

I actively dislike X-Force's lineup. It *is* exclusively white but I also don't care about anyone that isn't already featured in another title.

Kwannon
    Logan

+Warpath
    +Frenzy
    +Mercury
    +Moonstar
    +Marrow
    +Risque
    +Bedlam
    +Cecilia Reyes
    +Karma
    +Bishop
    +Manifold
    +Xorn
    +Cipher
    +Trinary
    +Monet
    +Surge
    +Daken
    +Prodigy

Kwannon
    Logan

+Warpath
    +Frenzy
    +Mercury
    +Moonstar
    +Marrow
    +Risque
    +Bedlam
    +Cecilia Reyes
    +Karma
    +Bishop
    +Manifold
    +Xorn
    +Cipher
    +Trinary
    +Monet
    +Surge
    +Daken
    +Prodigy
    Absolutely Agree! For a long time I thought X force would best be handpicked by the QC with titular members weighing in,to have a marauder(Lady Mastermind) or Acolyte (Frenzy) Hellfire(Shinobi Shaw) represented among others.I absolutely think it is high time Mercury is a member of X force, she is living liquid metal a weapon in many ways even deadlier than Wolverine.Why is she always wasted as some teen background character- it's a travesty!
    If Mercury is not there one could at least put Random in place of Colossus ,again a pretty powerful mutant absolutely wasted.Monet is another superb example of someone tailor made for Xforce.
    Also we have kid omega on there while Jean is there and yet we have Karma(though slightly different in powerset but close enough) just wasted

My final team from your picks (with some of my own)would be Karma,Mercury,Tempo,Manifold,Shinobi Shaw,Triage and Greymalkin.

I wouldn’t buy a book with these suggested lineups. Not sure many would honestly. Best to keep some heavy hitters like Logan and Jean on the team if you want it to last more than a few issues.

Ultimate Member

Slick is hands-down my favorite of those, potentially. He was depowered. Which suggests he spent the next six months or year or undergoing 'growing pains' as his no-longer mutant body attempted to catch up with the physical growth that his mutation had suppressed. He could, quite possibly, be average height now. And then it all comes back, after AvX, and he turns blue-eyed and fin-footed and bald and 'creepy-looking' again, but also regains his illusion powers, which we have already seen were sufficient to not only make people see and hear him differently, but even fooled his girlfriend's sense of touch.

So he could, in theory, make the illusion of a broadsword in his hand, and if he stabbed you with it, you'd feel it. That's pretty awesome. He could wear body armor, and then hide it under an illusion, and you'd think he was bullet-proof. He could fire a taser at you, and all you'd see was him throwing lightning bolts, while suffering the effects of the weapons he's got hidden under the illusion. He sounds like he could be a fun clever character, if moved away from the creepy Morrison bits. ('Cause, Morrison, yikes. Let's get some rape up in here, y'all by having one of the students use his mutant power to misrepresent himself to girls and for Professor X to talk up how much his self-confidence has advanced!)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I wouldn’t buy a book with these suggested lineups. Not sure many would honestly. Best to keep some heavy hitters like Logan and Jean on the team if you want it to last more than a few issues.
    Guardians of the Galaxy used to be Z list characters. Yet they are A list. Unknown X-Mem of color similarly can be made into major characters if they are well written and well marketed.

Who would've thought people would buy a book with Sage, Black Tom, and Quentin Quire? Marvel repeatedly invests time and effort into their white characters, of course they'd eventually gain a following.

I agree, but I’m just saying mix them in with some established characters. Doesn’t even have to be Logan and Jean since they’re in other books, as someone else mentioned. But a complete cast of either unknowns and/or non-X-Force mainstays wouldn’t be appealing to fans of the X-Force book. At least IMO.

For example: Keep Domino, add Cable, Bedlam and Frenzy (replacing Logan, Quire and Colossus) to the field team; then keep Beast, Black Tom and Forge and add Kwannon and Trinary (replacing Jean and Sage). So of the nine cast members, five are now diverse. Well, Forge already was. But still. Big swing. And still feels like an X-Force team. I’d buy it.

In other words, don’t throw the baby out with the bath water, as they say.

Astonishing Member

A lot depends on the 1.Story 2.Artwork 3.Villain
    If right off the bat you introduce a good story or mission ,with a great artist and tease a good villain.

I'm sure people will buy,remember Kwannon is in Hellions and for the most part the Hellion team is obscure,yet with great art and Maggie teased as villain that has me hooked.
    The belief that Wolverine,X23 and Angel or Psyloche have to be in every xforce title since 2010 is just nonsense really especially when they are the ones carrying or being significant in other stories/titles too .Plus there are tons of mutants who are not even that new Shard for example ,Bishop's sister or Nocturne ,Nightcrawler's daughter why not bring them back into relevance instead of always regurgitating and chewing the same 'cud'?
    Last edited by Rev9; 07-12-2020 at 02:02 PM.

And how long has Hellions lasted? It’s brand new. Might not last any longer than Fallen Angels, even though I enjoy it and hate to say that.

I’m just saying, the concept X-Force needs to have some of the established darker X-characters on it. Otherwise it might as well be called something else. And if you want it to sell, put a few established names on the team. Psylocke (Kwannon) is fine. Add Domino or Cable or Logan and a bunch of random POC and it still works. Or don’t and make it all randos and see how it does I guess. I won’t be buying it.

BANNED

X-Force has several iterations over the ages but making it a bunch of established x-force characters is not helping book to evolve to a new direction which usually happens in the X-Force. Still, I believe a couple of established usual characters max but more focused on other characters is what x-force should be. It's how the moral compass of the team should be directed on X-Force.
    Last edited by Vishop; 07-12-2020 at 02:22 PM.

I agree, but I’m just saying mix them in with some established characters. Doesn’t even have to be Logan and Jean since they’re in other books, as someone else mentioned. But a complete cast of either unknowns and/or non-X-Force mainstays wouldn’t be appealing to fans of the X-Force book. At least IMO.

For example: Keep Domino, add Cable, Bedlam and Frenzy (replacing Logan, Quire and Colossus) to the field team; then keep Beast, Black Tom and Forge and add Kwannon and Trinary (replacing Jean and Sage). So of the nine cast members, five are now diverse. Well, Forge already was. But still. Big swing. And still feels like an X-Force team. I’d buy it.

In other words, don’t throw the baby out with the bath water, as they say.
    Oh I agree with this. I'd keep Logan, Kwannon, and maybe even Scott in X-Force for recognizability. I think pretty much every X-concept can be anchored by an A-List character so we can see 'fresher' takes on the lineups without depending on shot-in-the-dark successes.

Logan
    Psylocke (Kwannon)
    Cyclops
    Sinister
    Frenzy
    Warpath
    Risque

would be my choice at the moment lol.