Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    Diana was shown as being CLEARLY superior to Artemis in strength...I am sure Donna and full powered Cassie are also stronger than her.

So I WOULDNT put Artemis in the 25 strongest Superheroes.
    I agree, at the very least, she is max human to 10 tons.

Vixen doesnt use her own strength, because she uses animals abilities..
    Not sure what you mean here. She can magically give herself superhuman strength. Super'strength is super'strength, no matter were it comes from.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    Power Girl is not stronger than Diana or OG Kara at full strength. Her beating darkseid is a outlier.
    Well, that bit with Wonder Woman is still there. And she didn't exactly "beat" Darkseid. Hurt him by gouging out an eye, yes. Walked through his Omega Beams to do so, yes. Even outran them later, (well, outflew them). But none of that really did anything to him. Supergirl and Power Girl seem...who knows. They've really never fought on equal terms. One of the other has been artificially boosted, or mind controlled, or weakened, or something. However...one would assume the larger and older PG might well be stronger than the more slender, smaller SG, considering they're basically the same person. Actually, I'm really hoping they don't do that again any time soon; those two have fought too often for it to be fun anymore.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    Power Girl is not stronger than Diana or OG Kara at full strength. Her beating darkseid is a outlier.
    ABSOLUTELY WRONG!!!!!!

If you DONT COUNT H'El, and Superboy Prime than POWER GIRL is the strongest Kryptonian around.

POWER GIRL>>>>Supergirl>=Superman

In Pre-Flashpoint we had the encounter of Supergirl Kara and Power Girl Kara and she CLEARLY OUTMATCHED Supergirl in strength.
    AND as far as I remember even the other abilities (Heat Vision and Speed) were ABOVE Supergirl and Superman.

It makes also sense, since Power Girl is OLDER than Supergirl and has therefore lived more years under yellow sun...

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Well, that bit with Wonder Woman is still there. And she didn't exactly "beat" Darkseid. Hurt him by gouging out an eye, yes. Walked through his Omega Beams to do so, yes. Even outran them later, (well, outflew them). But none of that really did anything to him. Supergirl and Power Girl seem...who knows. They've really never fought on equal terms. One of the other has been artificially boosted, or mind controlled, or weakened, or something. However...one would assume the larger and older PG might well be stronger than the more slender, smaller SG, considering they're basically the same person. Actually, I'm really hoping they don't do that again any time soon; those two have fought too often for it to be fun anymore.
    Supergirl HERSELF stated clearly that Power Girl is stronger than her (PRE-FLASHPOINT ENCOUNTER)

She was able to stagger KC GREEN LANTERN (Probably the most powerful Green Lantern ever) and stagger KC SUPERMAN with Heat Vision.

If you dont count Superboy Prime,H'El than she is the strongest Kryptonian around (ok-Kingdom Come Superman may be as strong as she is)

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I agree, at the very least, she is max human to 10 tons.

Not sure what you mean here. She can magically give herself superhuman strength. Super'strength is super'strength, no matter were it comes from.
    1. I am pretty sure that Vixen is still not in the class of the others
    2. I am pretty sure that you should only count the strength which you really have, not magically given

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Yes, but I have never seen Power Girl as being as strong as Wonder Woman.

Yes, Superwoman is a super-villainess, but as I previously posted, I did include some villains just to help stat out where everyone fits. Again, this is only my listing, with the accuracy I know from what I read.
    Power Girl is the strongest Kryptonian around and I am pretty sure that she EASILY EASILY surpass Wonder Woman, but Wonder Woman is just better trained as Power Girl.

Supergirl herself stated that Power Girl is stronger than she is and I would rank her as the strongest Kryptonian around (not counting Superboy Prime and H'El)

The last two are bad guys, so they shouldn't count.
    I DIDNT MENTION SUPERBOY PRIME AND GOG BECAUSE OF THAT.
    I mentioned them, because Conner has fighted against them and was able to fight against them
    (Feats for Conner)

Just to point out that in the only comment either character has made on the subject, Gail Simone in her run had Wonder Woman think that Power Girl is "at least as strong as I am". This as a mind controlled PG attacks her and tosses her around for a bit. Which suggests that in Diana's mind at least, Karen is certainly AS strong as she herself is...and possibly more. BTW, isn't Superwoman a villain?
    Supergirl herself in Pre-Flashpoint said that Power Girl is stronger than her, which makes also sense since Power Girl is older and lived for more years under yellow sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Potanical Pardon View Post
    I'm just not limiting it to 25. Fitting in my additions without regard to that. Lyta. Marcus. I had to google. I had no idea Donna became Fury nor whoever Roman is. I haven't really paid too much attention to the last 10-15 years of crappy DC writing.
    ROMAN is ALHA CENTURION since 2011, he replaced MARCUS

FURY is listed as legacy name, (the first person who used the name was Helena Kosmatos), the more prominent version who I know is DONNA (EARTH 2) she is the daughter of WONDER WOMAN (DIANA-EARTH 2) and STEPPENWOLF.

Extraordinary Member

Well, I would point out that Power Girl has ALSO said Supergirl was stronger than her. The thing both of those time have in common, neither of them was on a fair playing field. When Supergirl mused that Power Girl was stronger than she was, Power Girl was somehow reacting to the presence of Supergirl. I forget why; though I think it was some mystical thing. When Power Girl noted how strong Supergirl was, (and that Supergirl was somehow able to hold her in a full nelson, (though why the vastly more experienced PG somehow can't seem to ever escape from that move...)), Supergirl had just gotten a sunlight boost while PG had been tortured and drained.

Other than that, I'm not aware of either saying the other was stronger....in NORMAL circumstances.

Hey, I'm in favor of powering up Power Girl so that she regularly gives her name meaning. But she's mostly used as a punching bag to show how awesome other heroes are. Which is what makes that Wonder Woman issue so interesting. Simone there obviously isn't a huge fan of having one group of fans' favorite job for another, so Simone did something I've almost never seen before; give them both enough moments so that each side can claim a victory. Here, the ultimate victory was Diana's, via Power Girl's REAL vulnerability, full nelsons and headlocks. That's a finishing move on Power Girl, who always then calms down while being held with humiliating ease for someone supposedly capable of moving planets and who has a wealth of fighting experience on her own, or who then snaps out of the mind control, (her other main weakness). I will point out that wasn't the first time Diana was beaten Power Girl with exactly the same move. And IIRC others have done that to her as well. I actually expect Batman to pull it off someday. It seems that no one has ever shown Kara how to get out of that move. Also interestingly, Mark Waid earlier had a Wonder Woman/Power Girl team-up where Diana was impressed by Kara's power, (well, she should have been since Kara beat Diana fairly well that outing, (yes, sigh, magic mind control...which ended when Diana slammed her invisible plane into Kara, that somehow being the only way Diana could possibly sneak up on PG, knocking her out of the mind control).

Actually from their words on different occasions, neither of them are exactly thrilled with fighting the other. Anxious, yes. Determined, yes. Happy about it, no. Which to me suggests...PG probably IS a bit stronger than Diana. But not much, just enough to hang with her in a fight for a while, using her own skill...which BTW Simone was good enough to rethink Canary's famous comment to Diana about her being the ONLY one of the extreme super set to have any fighting skills and have Diana herself repudiate Canary.

Bottom line...if you want your favorite character to be written with respect, hope Gail Simone gets the call to write them.

Mighty Member

Well, I would point out that Power Girl has ALSO said Supergirl was stronger than her. The thing both of those time have in common, neither of them was on a fair playing field. When Supergirl mused that Power Girl was stronger than she was, Power Girl was somehow reacting to the presence of Supergirl. I forget why; though I think it was some mystical thing. When Power Girl noted how strong Supergirl was, (and that Supergirl was somehow able to hold her in a full nelson, (though why the vastly more experienced PG somehow can't seem to ever escape from that move...)), Supergirl had just gotten a sunlight boost while PG had been tortured and drained.

Other than that, I'm not aware of either saying the other was stronger....in NORMAL circumstances.

Hey, I'm in favor of powering up Power Girl so that she regularly gives her name meaning. But she's mostly used as a punching bag to show how awesome other heroes are. Which is what makes that Wonder Woman issue so interesting. Simone there obviously isn't a huge fan of having one group of fans' favorite job for another, so Simone did something I've almost never seen before; give them both enough moments so that each side can claim a victory. Here, the ultimate victory was Diana's, via Power Girl's REAL vulnerability, full nelsons and headlocks. That's a finishing move on Power Girl, who always then calms down while being held with humiliating ease for someone supposedly capable of moving planets and who has a wealth of fighting experience on her own, or who then snaps out of the mind control, (her other main weakness). I will point out that wasn't the first time Diana was beaten Power Girl with exactly the same move. And IIRC others have done that to her as well. I actually expect Batman to pull it off someday. It seems that no one has ever shown Kara how to get out of that move. Also interestingly, Mark Waid earlier had a Wonder Woman/Power Girl team-up where Diana was impressed by Kara's power, (well, she should have been since Kara beat Diana fairly well that outing, (yes, sigh, magic mind control...which ended when Diana slammed her invisible plane into Kara, that somehow being the only way Diana could possibly sneak up on PG, knocking her out of the mind control).

Actually from their words on different occasions, neither of them are exactly thrilled with fighting the other. Anxious, yes. Determined, yes. Happy about it, no. Which to me suggests...PG probably IS a bit stronger than Diana. But not much, just enough to hang with her in a fight for a while, using her own skill...which BTW Simone was good enough to rethink Canary's famous comment to Diana about her being the ONLY one of the extreme super set to have any fighting skills and have Diana herself repudiate Canary.

Bottom line...if you want your favorite character to be written with respect, hope Gail Simone gets the call to write them.
    WHEN did Power Girl said that Supergirl is more powerful than her?
    In which issue of which series?

Where they both Kryptonians during that?
    Power Girls Origin was often changed, before she became Kryptonian.

I only know the picture in which Supergirl says that Power Girl is stronger than her.
    This was the Supergirl who trained with the Amazons, so in this instance they were BOTH Kryptonians.

Here its also clearly stated that
    https://www.cbr.com/dc-supergirl-vs-...upergirl's.

Actually often people say that Supergirl is stronger than Superman and Power Girl is the older, stronger Supergirl who absorbed more sunlight and therefore became stronger.

Extraordinary Member

Supergirl. Candor arc, when they are suddenly shown out of the bottle city. As I said, there were extenuating circumstances, and PG meant right then, at that specific time, not in general. Just as Supergirl meant it that way at the start of her series. I will not that I do NOT like that version of Supergirl. She was violent, borderline nuts, and a pretty nasty piece of work who didn't seem to see other people as...people, but rather as objects. Either that, or she got off on hurting people. She had Power Girl in her biggest weakness, a full nelson, and threatened to break her shoulders...this right after she abandoned Power Girl to the bad guys and let her get tortured and nearly murdered. PG could not escape the hold because she apparently has brain damage and forgot everything she was taught about getting out of that move, every time someone uses it on her. PG commented on how strong SG was, and then SG noted it was lucky PG wasn't at full strength.

Regardless, SOMEONE has to teach Power Girl how to get out of that move. A person capable of fighting Wonder Woman very well shouldn't let that be everyone's go to move for beating her... Seriously, what's up with that?

As for the Supergirl stronger than Superman thing..they sort of retracted that fairly early on in the Supergirl series. Something like Superman always holds a lot back, while SG doesn't hold anything, or some such. Struck me as a belated realization that maybe they made a mistake.

Personally, I agree with you, Power Girl should be stronger than Supergirl...and a MUCH better fighter. Faster too. I'm just saying there isn't any real evidence one way or the other....YET! Hear that, DC? Bring back PG and then make it so!

The point being that there has been no definitive statement by either, even though they've both ventured an opinion.
    Last edited by achilles; 07-13-2020 at 11:39 AM.

1. I am pretty sure that Vixen is still not in the class of the others
    Her strength limits have never been clearly defined. At most, she is pushing Classic Thing level of 90+ tons...which is where I put Wonder Girl.

2. I am pretty sure that you should only count the strength which you really have, not magically given
    "cough"SHAZAM"cough"....sorry had to clear my throat.

I only know the picture in which Supergirl says that Power Girl is stronger than her.
    This was the Supergirl who trained with the Amazons, so in this instance they were BOTH Kryptonians.

Actually often people say that Supergirl is stronger than Superman and Power Girl is the older, stronger Supergirl who absorbed more sunlight and therefore became stronger.
    I agree with this...
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 07-13-2020 at 03:04 PM.

Her strength limits have never been clearly defined. At most, she is pushing Classic Thing level of 90+ tons...which is where I put Wonder Girl.
    She pulls her powers from animals. The strongest animal is the dung beetle, who can life the human equivalent of 80 tons. That would essentially be her power cap.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Everyone is stronger than Superman when they show up, or when writers want to prop them. Until the next character comes and are compared to Superman instead of whatever character was the strongest before.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Everyone is stronger than Superman when they show up, or when writers want to prop them. Until the next character comes and are compared to Superman instead of whatever character was the strongest before.
    True, which makes Superman the gold standard.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    She pulls her powers from animals. The strongest animal is the dung beetle, who can life the human equivalent of 80 tons. That would essentially be her power cap.
    So...she can lift a mildly large ball of dung? That doesn't seem to formidable...

Well, I mean if she just copies the animal's powers, which it seems to me she does, or she gets to augment those powers to upgrade them to "proportional something of whatever animal". Honestly, if I were Vixen, I'd just copy a blue whale's strength, as it's the biggest and probably strongest animal on Earth. But then I'm not an expert on the character, so I probably missed something. Cool character though.

So...she can lift a mildly large ball of dung? That doesn't seem to formidable...

Well, I mean if she just copies the animal's powers, which it seems to me she does, or she gets to augment those powers to upgrade them to "proportional something of whatever animal". Honestly, if I were Vixen, I'd just copy a blue whale's strength, as it's the biggest and probably strongest animal on Earth. But then I'm not an expert on the character, so I probably missed something. Cool character though.
    That's why I stated "equivalent." The dung beetle can lift 1,141 times their own weight. Based on the average human, that would be about 80 tons. It's considered the strongest animal. A blue whale has size, but it can't actually lift anything, really.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Actually no, that's not how her powers work. Like Animal Man and Beast Boy, Vixen can enhance or twist the ability of the animal she is mimicking. This power to twist or enhance the abilities of animals allows her to create a laser beam from the light of an Angler fish, regrow her entire body in seconds from the Flatworm ability to regenerate or use the shell of an Armored Beetle to withstand the attack of a mind-controlled Superman.

Case in point, a rough estimations of an African bull elephant's strength put them around 10 tons and she enhanced their strength to tip-over a tank (which typically weigh over 60 ton). She also used Gorilla Grodd own strength to defeat him and he can engage both Aquaman and Kalibak in battle.
    20200621_093922.jpg

20200713_161107.jpg

Oddly enough, I wasn't trying to make a case for Vixen...lol

That's why I stated "equivalent." The dung beetle can lift 1,141 times their own weight. Based on the average human, that would be about 80 tons. It's considered the strongest animal. A blue whale has size, but it can't actually lift anything, really.
    Scientists have recently discovered that gonorrhea bacterium is, pound for pound, the strongest living creature on Earth, capable of pulling up to 100,000 times its body weight. Filaments called pili, which grow from the bacteria, can be up to 10 times as long as the bacteria itself and are what the gonorrhea uses to move itself or pull other organisms.

Vixen weighs 140 lbs. So 100,000x140lbs= 14,000,000lbs. Now 14,000,000lbs/2000lbs= 7,000 tons
    Last edited by LordAllMIghty; 07-13-2020 at 02:44 PM.

Extraordinary Member

So she can do "equivalents"? I thought she just straight up copied the animal's powers, so if she copied a dung beetle, she got the strength of a dung beetle, which means she probably wouldn't be able to move her body at all. I didn't know she was Spider-Man. And yeah, a blue whale is the absolute strongest animal on Earth...it doesn't have to lift anything, one minor brush with an animal like that and you're tossed three hundred feet into the air, dead as a stone. It's sort of like how killer whales kill dolphins or seals, by hitting them so hard animals weighing hundreds of pounds go flying through the air. Hey, don't mind me, I admit I don't know how her powers work, that's just my feeling for how it should be.

She doesn't grow huge teeth if she happens across a T-Rex and copies it, does she? I don't know...I don't know if it's ever come up.

Extraordinary Member

Actually no, that's not how her powers work. Like Animal Man and Beast Boy, Vixen can enhance or twist the ability of the animal she is mimicking. This power to twist or enhance the abilities of animals allows her to create a laser beam from the light of an Angler fish, regrow her entire body in seconds from the Flatworm ability to regenerate or use the shell of an Armored Beetle to withstand the attack of a mind-controlled Superman.

Case in point, a rough estimations of an African bull elephant's strength put them around 10 tons and she enhanced their strength to tip-over a tank (which typically weigh over 60 ton). She also used Gorilla Grodd own strength to defeat him and he can engage both Aquaman and Kalibak in battle.
    20200621_093922.jpg

20200713_161107.jpg

Oddly enough, I wasn't trying to make a case for Vixen...lol

Scientists have recently discovered that gonorrhea bacterium is, pound for pound, the strongest living creature on Earth, capable of pulling up to 100,000 times its body weight. Filaments called pili, which grow from the bacteria, can be up to 10 times as long as the bacteria itself and are what the gonorrhea uses to move itself or pull other organisms.

Vixen weighs 140 lbs. So 100,000x140lbs= 14,000,000lbs. Now 14,000,000lbs/2000lbs= 7,000 tons
    That's how it works? Interesting. Basically then, there are no hard and fast rules. BTW, is she limited to animals? That would put the STD thing to bed if true. 7000 tons though isn't even in the running with people who can bench the planet. Still an interesting character though, maybe I'll try to read more of her stories.