Mighty Member

Default Why are all GL JL members and not TT,Titans,YJ....?

Hello,
    one of the questions which I really had since long time:

Why did DC put all GL in JL and didnt divide them into teams?

Yes Kyle was in Titans, but I think it would have been better to split the GL and use them in other teams:

JL: Hal and as replacement Jon
    Titans: Kyle
    Jasons Generation: Simon
    YJ/TT (Tims Generation): Jessica

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

GLC don't hire children so the younger teams are out of the question.

I could see Simon hanging with Jason but Jess with Tim? She's significantly way older.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post

I could see Simon hanging with Jason but Jess with Tim? She's significantly way older.
    There have been a handful of teenaged GLs, but the Earth GLs have all been adults, so sticking them with teams that are full of kids would be kind of weird. The only time it ever worked was Kyle on the Titans, because they were all roughly the same age.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post

It depends what you consider as age...

I personally HATE that they are (seemingly) younger again in Rebirth, so I often think back at Pre-Flashpoint time (end of TT at the end of Pre-Flashpoint) and so I would say that Tim, Conner, Cassie,Bart...should be circa 20 years old..

BUT anyway it DOESNT MATTER: In Pre-Flashpoint Raven,Starfire,Beast Boy and CYBORG were TT along with Tim,Bart,Conner and Cassie and so she SURELY would be considered as member.
    I dont think Jessica is OLDER than Starfire and Cyborg (Pre-Flashpoint) and Hawk and Dove also teamed up with TT.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    There have been a handful of teenaged GLs, but the Earth GLs have all been adults, so sticking them with teams that are full of kids would be kind of weird. The only time it ever worked was Kyle on the Titans, because they were all roughly the same age.
    Actually I personally prefer the Idea of Tim,Cassie,Conner and Bart now being circa 20 years old (I personally would return to the Pre-Flashpoint age)

Starfire,Cyborg,Hawk and Dove.......were in the same TT with Conner,Cassie,Tim and Bart...
    And I think Jessica will be as old as or even younger than Cyborg,Starfire,Hawk and Dove (Pre-Flashpoint) as they were members of the TT Team.

One thing I don't get is why do teammates have to be in the same age group? Like I get adults and teens not on the same teams be other adults like titans, JL and jsa. Why can't members of those teams be teammates? There all adults.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    One thing I don't get is why do teammates have to be in the same age group? Like I get adults and teens not on the same teams be other adults like titans, JL and jsa. Why can't members of those teams be teammates? There all adults.
    ITS NOT EVEN TRUE:

JSA: JAY GARRICK!!!! and STARGIRL!!!!!!!
    TEEN TITANS (PRE-FLASHPOINT): CYBORG,STARFIRE,BEAST BOY,HAWK and DOVE,RAVEN!!!! and TIM,CASSIE,CONNER,BART!!
    OUTSIDERS: BLACK LIGHTNING,SHIVA and DUKE THOMAS,CASSANDRA CAIN!!!

All three teams include/d young and "old" members..

Look alone at the age difference between Jay Garrick and Stargirl!!
    Last edited by Masterff; 07-17-2020 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterff View Post
    ITS NOT EVEN TRUE:

JSA: JAY GARRICK!!!! and STARGIRL!!!!!!!
    TEEN TITANS (PRE-FLASHPOINT): CYBORG,STARFIRE,BEAST BOY,HAWK and DOVE,RAVEN!!!! and TIM,CASSIE,CONNER,BART!!
    OUTSIDERS: BLACK LIGHTNING,SHIVA and DUKE THOMAS,CASSANDRA CAIN!!!
    It is true! All fans do when picking a team is say what generation that character is based on age and put on a team based on age that's boring. Naming some exceptions to the rule doesn't get change the rule.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    It is true! All fans do when picking a team is say what generation that character is based on age and put on a team based on age that's boring. Naming some exceptions to the rule doesn't get change the rule.
    In which teams did all the members were in the same age class?

The first Teen Titans Generation of Robin,Roy,Wally,Donna,Aqualad
    and
    YJ with Arrowette,Conner,Bart,Tim,Cassie

Outsiders,JSA,later TT Teams and even the JL to some degree had different age classes..

Kyle has been a Titan, twice. He was in the final New Titans roster and the post-No Justice Titans roster, both times joining the team after Nightwing left.

I can see Jessica being a Titan, on Dick's team, in the near future, as she's recently been on a team with Starfire and Cyborg (Justice League Odyssey).

Simon's the only other one young enough to be a Titan, and that would also need to be on Dick's team - all of the official Green Lanterns are too old for the Teen Titans or Young Justice, though YJ does currently have a Teen Lantern who isn't affiliated with the Corps.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Actually I personally prefer the Idea of Tim,Cassie,Conner and Bart now being circa 20 years old (I personally would return to the Pre-Flashpoint age)
    Pre Flashpoint they were 17, and that's roughly the same age they are now.

Starfire,Cyborg,Hawk and Dove.......were in the same TT with Conner,Cassie,Tim and Bart...
    And I think Jessica will be as old as or even younger than Cyborg,Starfire,Hawk and Dove (Pre-Flashpoint) as they were members of the TT Team.
    Those were cases were the older Team members were mentoring a new generation members, if you put would put Jessica on a team with the YJ4, you had a new adult character with more experienced teen characters and that would be really wired.
    And the YJ4 are really past point where they would need an adult mentor (btw. they had one in Red Tornado on the original run).

Yeah, the YJ had Red Tornado. When they merged into the Teen Titans Cyborg took over the role. After One Year Later they stopped having a mentor. Tim or Cassie were just in charge. Same for the New 52 Teen Titans. The current YJ has the Wonder Twins as liaisons but they operate independently. It's a similar deal to the senior Titans, whose JL liaison is Miss Martian, while Nightwing, and later Donna Troy, was the one actually in charge.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman